User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post

I don't believe you that you're not Scott. I'm checking for birthmarks. GET NEKKID.
    You mean to tell me he told you the same thing!?

Wow, that is eerie

Oh...and I don't have any birthmarks
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

So, would you agree that it's not the clutter that would bother you so much as it is the fact that your significant other "broke the rules" by not pitching in as you thought was the agreement?

I'm just trying to get some idea of the motivation behind SJs being so preoccupied with cleaning, I'm positive there's more to it than just wanting a pretty living space. ^_^
    I dunno, tbh, if I felt really appreciated I'd probably do it all without ever complaining.

The only time I'd get upset is if I felt like my SO was ignoring me or taking me for granted. Also, if I just don't have the time due to other obligations, then I would be more upset about them "breaking the rules".

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

How important is it to you that your significant other cleans?
    It's VERY important that they clean. Not important that they clean a lot, but VERY important that they clean at least some. Because if I'm the only one in the house that's cleaning, there will come a day when I give my SO an ultimatum. And who knows, if they don't follow through for a long time, the relationship could end. Because feeling like you give and give and never get any help is a terrible feeling, even when the giving is organizational. Believe it or not, I knew an ESFP/ENFJ relationship that ended almost entirely because the ESFP was a terrible slob. Not exaggerating.

And that answer was too long...

If you left for the day and returned to the surprise of your entire house being scrubbed top-to-bottom and perfectly organized by your significant other, would you get all emotional about it (whether you admitted it or not)?
    There would be lots of ooh-ing and ah-ing, and the occasional "Oh my god this is amazing! Nice work!" And then possibly "You deserve a reward for this! I'm taking you out to dinner!" But I wouldn't get emotional, per se.
    How would you feel if you lived with a significant other who didn't ever clean and was comfortable living in clutter?
    Horrible. See the answer to the first question. Though "clutter" is subjective. If they just had some stacks somewhere, that's fine. But when things start to look abnormally bad, and/or when people are constantly tripping over things, THAT'S where I really draw the line.
    Would you mind being the only one to pick up around the house or would this begin to wear at you over time?
    Again, see the answer to question 1. I refuse to act like a mother to my SO. It would hardly take any time at all for that to wear at me.
    Does watching your significant other clean get you all hot and bothered?
    It actually makes me motivated to clean...
    Do you have a thing for Naughty French Maid outfits because of the obvious association with cleaning?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'm the oddball here.... I don't like cleaning... It's like once every month or so clutter will finally get to me and I won't just clean I'll completely rearrange. So I move furniture and vacuum and pitch things that I haven't touched for over a month. I guess it's a good thing since my in-laws house looks like a bomb went off inside... Suppose that has something to do with having some of the kids still living there and babysitting the five nieces and nephews frequently. :horor:

I don't like clutter in living areas though... If any room is going to be cluttered, it's going to be a bedroom where I can close the door and hide the mess....

MBTI
    ESFJ

If you helped create the mess then you can help clean it up .. Simple.

If you left for the day and returned to the surprise of your entire house being scrubbed top-to-bottom and perfectly organized by your significant other, would you get all emotional about it (whether you admitted it or not)?

Hell yeah .. Means i don't have to do it

How would you feel if you lived with a significant other who didn't ever clean and was comfortable living in clutter?

It's pissed me off in the past.

Would you mind being the only one to pick up around the house or would this begin to wear at you over time?

It's respect at the end of the day .. We're supposed to be a team, i am not your mother so clean your mess up after you.

Depends on what he's wearing

Do you have a thing for Naughty French Maid outfits because of the obvious association with cleaning?

No but I'm game. Can i wear my 4 inch heels also
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

Depends on what he's wearing

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I'm now getting hot and bothered thinking about it.

If all he's wearing is some tight boxers which defines his cute little peachy ass, then i'm paying attention and not to the cleaning. As he is hoovering the floor and you can see the muscles in his back tensing and relaxing, those beautiful outward curves that need some attention. He's cleaning down the counters and his biceps are slightly bulging and if you are lucky enough to see that 'V', side of his groin just inside his hip bones, oh yeah baby .. You're going to get some very positive attention from me.

Whoever thought cleaning could be such a turn-on.

Time for a cold shower
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Very. I love to clean/organize, that's no secret. But I can't have a partner that will just laze around in the house day after day, not lifting a finger. If you're not a clean-freak? That's fine. But don't expect me to do all the dusting/vacuuming/tidying/dishes/laundry myself. I want someone that's not afraid to help me out and that will meet me half way with his share of the chores.

I wouldn't get emotional in the sense that I'd open the door and burst into tears or anything like that, but I would most definitely be surprised and appreciative of the hard work and effort he put in. I'd probably repay him by taking him out for dinner or something nice.

Never again. I was so depressed. In the beginning I often cleaned/organized his room, we even shuffled furniture, restored dressers (he was living out of plastic bins) put in shelving to help with organization and get the mess off the floor, yardsaled a bunch of junk he didn't even want anymore to make room, cleaned out both disgusting fridges - but I got so tired of it. It was clear that he was comfortable living with the mess, and I couldn't keep up with constantly being surrounded with it. So I gave up.

I think the above experience proves that it would not only wear on me, but depress me and cause me to be severely unhappy with my standard of living.

You know - I didn't think so? But a certain picture taken lately definitely has me thinking otherwise =^_^= <3

Nope, I just think the white/black combination is flattering on virtually anyone, and I like costumes that show a lot of leg. Thigh high stockings are love <3
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Speaking from personal experience, I almost never give my significant other the chance to clean. If there are dirty dishes, clutter, etc. especially in a space I use a lot, I will usually just clean it up.

I wouldn't be opposed to him cleaning, I just like the control of knowing it'll be done the way I like it because I'm doing it.

One time actually, a good friend of mine cleaned my apartment as a surprise and I was more shocked and confused than grateful!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I will answer with ideas expressed by my pet ISTJ, since he is not a member here

he doesn't want to have to do all of the cleaning, so I suppose it's fairly important that I pull my own weight in that area

Last time I cleaned the house from top to bottom and shampooed the carpets and everything as a surprise he was so happy that he took me out to dinner and doted on me all evening long

I've heard that he's broken up with people for being too slobby... he fears germs

see above...

If he sees me cleaning, he usually can't keep his hands off me for a while and then helps out with the cleaning himself... that might mean yes

I always thought he liked french maid outfits because they showed boobs!
    I move to Stepford.