User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default SJ's: When You're Lost in Thought, What Are You Thinking About?

The ISTJ I know seems to be in his own world; I ask a question and he's so zoned out that he doesn't hear me. It often happens when he's driving (mostly, actually), so I know he isn't sleeping. I know what I think about when I zone out, but what does an SJ's thoughts get lost in?

For clarity's sake, if you respond here and aren't SJ, please indicate that in your response.

MBTI
    ISTP

replaying memories i would think
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Things that interest me, usually someone elses voice doesn't interest me so I pay little attention to what they say. I'm always in my "own world".

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

For me it happens to be usually one of the following

1) Primarily, the woman I'm infatuted with or in a relationship with at the time. I wonder what she's doing, the things I'd like to say to her, ways I could show her how much I care about her, etc etc...
    2) A close second is dancing: I'm thinking about what I'd like to know, how to properly execute a move, or I start making stuff up in my head that I think would be cool, or I picture myself years from now being REALLY good and showing off
    3) A recent topic of interest of mine (which could be anything from a discussion on TypoC, to an anime I just watched, a book I just read, or a movie I just saw) in which I usually fantasize myself taking a part in or incorporating some aspects of it into my own life.

For example, I re-watched an episode of Bleach in which Ichigo get's killed and then goes full-on Hollow and kicks the crap out of Ulquiorra, and I started to wonder if I could put that look that he had (Ichigo's Ressurecion Form) into a workable Halloween costume.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by onceuponatime View Post
    Things that interest me,
    Hmm . . . that's not very specific . . .

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Hmm . . . that's not very specific . . .
    Sex and money mostly.

your resident asshole

I reflect on things that have happened, I think of what I want to do with my file, I think of things I want to have or do, I think of situations that could or would happen, I daydream about doing something courageous and being a hero, I think of what life would be like as a TV show, or sometimes I just zone and don't really think of anything. Also, I occasionally have thoughts that may be disturbing to other people.

So, I pretty much think about a lot of stuff.

MBTI
    LoLz

When I get lost in my head at work, it usually involves one of 3 things: planning things to do in the next few days, going over a personal interest in my head, or mulling over my life.

For instance, I had a list of about 7-8 things I need to get done over the next week. I was thinking about the priority level of each one, when I worked each day, where I had to go, and then I started going into planning in my head how I wanted to spend my paycheck.

The other and most common thing is that I'm just lost in my head thinking about an interest of mine. Lately, I could be lost in my head thinking about all the things I've installed on my new smart phone, whether I like all the changes I've made to it, what other things I want to research about it later on. Or it could be a movie, like I've been obsessed with National Treasure 2 the last week. I've been replaying scenes OVER and OVER and OVER again in my head. Or going over what's happened in the recent Pokemon episodes, and how the season will end in the next few months.

The other thing I get lost thinking about is what I want out of my life. What's important to me. Who is important to me. Am I satisfied with what I'm doing? Do I deserve to be doing something better?

my mind scatters off into tons of places.

MBTI
    INTJ

Do you ever wonder if heaven will be everything you've experienced here, only better? And what 'better' might mean? If there's such thing as truer colors than there are here, and what that might look like? Is it possible to hear color?
    Do you think about the influence that art/music has over mankind, and whether it makes them better people? Can hearing a variation in a scale of musical notes really influence morality?
    Do you wonder if there's something inherent in you that prevents you from being as good as some other MBTI type?
    Do you come up with a methodical plan for improving who you are in some way? Like, promising yourself you'll study for an hour every day for the next five years, and then calculate whether that's enough of a chunk in a life to make a difference?

Come on, everyone really thinks about these things when they're zoned out, right?

I feel like Milo: "All right, a dog, I understand, but... deep down inside, we're all cats, right?"

MBTI
    INTJ

I think we posted at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    The other thing I get lost thinking about is what I want out of my life. What's important to me. Who is important to me. Am I satisfied with what I'm doing? Do I deserve to be doing something better?

my mind scatters off into tons of places.
    OK, so SJ's are really not much different than me. Maybe I should ask my ISTJ what he thinks about when he's zoning out.