User Tag List

First 456

All Natural! All Good!

Something else, though: Ime, the SJs here are vastly different from the ones I know IRL. "Lost in your head" is a foreign term to the ESJs I know, and one of the ISTJs. (The other one has INTJ traits, so he might not even be an ISTJ)
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Day-to-day tasks is low level?!- I find it hard, get drained planning it out...weak Te maybe.
    Out of curiosity, do you plan day to day tasks? Write them down? etc.
    As a means of creating order- I plan basically so I don't forget tests and such at university. I don't plan outside of when I absolutely have to.

This sounds very "driven".

Woah. This is great, raz, so thank you.
    People can learn to organize, but weak Te is weak Te- they will never be as good as you or other high Te users, right? You are naturally inclined to use it well.
    I organize day to day tasks, in my head and in an organizer. I don't resort to an organizer until it reaches the point of being necessary. I used to use an organizer where I could just write notes for each day. I didn't want to write appointments and be confined to times. I wanted to jot down things relevant to each day. However, now I use my phone to set appointments and to do lists for each day. Especially once I start school and get a second job, I'll be using the calendar on my phone a lot more.

When I think organization, I think categorizing things by their use. Is something information? Is it a task? Is it an appointment? That's just for planning though. Outward organization is taking a multitude of tasks and dividing it into levels, a step by step sequence. For instance, the steps to cleaning a room. Which part of cleaning should be done first? Which parts build on other parts?

When I said day to day tasks being low level, I meant that everyday tasks that everyone does are things shoved into a to do list. When I think higher level planning, I go back to strategy. I think strategy defines Te much better than structure or organization. I have an end goal in mind and my objective is to find the best way to that end goal.

Another example is how I've treated working on my phone. I put a new version of the operating system on it every few days trying custom builds. Doing something that often means the configuration process will be repeated each time. So, I created backups of system files, folders that can be directly copied, backups of settings. As I reconfigure the phone, each part of the process requires another part, so each one as to be done in order, and I have created a process mentally that reinstalls each part as it's able to.

That's extremely simplified, but that whole process is a sequential list of tasks. That's an example though of Si and Te working together. Te is creating the structured plan, taking note of the external rules and cause and effect, while Si is taking the information, categorizing and sequencing it. This is the easiest example of Si and Te I can think of working together. It's when you're creating a list of tasks mentally while adhering to the requirements of the environment, how it will react to each task finished, and how you must sequence your tasks for optimal efficiency.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    That's extremely simplified, but that whole process is a sequential list of tasks. That's an example though of Si and Te working together. Te is creating the structured plan, taking note of the external rules and cause and effect, while Si is taking the information, categorizing and sequencing it. This is the easiest example of Si and Te I can think of working together. It's when you're creating a list of tasks mentally while adhering to the requirements of the environment, how it will react to each task finished, and how you must sequence your tasks for optimal efficiency.
    Thanks again raz. This is a great explanation, I'm learning a lot here.
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Thanks again raz. This is a great explanation, I'm learning a lot here.
    Now if you could just teach me how to appreciate Fe more. My logic tears down Fe related actions in seconds. I rely more on my own sense of right and wrong than external relationship-based rules that Fe puts in place. Those two combined makes me find something wrong with Fe-related actions as soon as it happens.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Now if you could just teach me how to appreciate Fe more. My logic tears down Fe related actions in seconds. I rely more on my own sense of right and wrong than external relationship-based rules that Fe puts in place. Those two combined makes me find something wrong with Fe-related actions as soon as it happens.
    I'll give it a shot, but feel free to ask for clarification. (I just realized that what's below is more of an "explanation", I don't know how to teach you to appreciate it, though.)

As an example... I can be a social "chameleon". I can blend into a wide variety of social situations by speaking/dressing/behaving accordingly, etc. But at the end of the day I still have my preferences and what not, so I don't necessarily adopt the acting/character as my own, I just pretend for a time, as means to an end (getting along with people).

It's not logical, though, which is why your Te tears down the actions. My Ti is probably stronger than my Fe. I notice the contradictions within my own behaviours too. (I am very internally conflicted. Oh well.)

Also I can pick up vibes and "read people", but I think a lot of people esp. Fs can do that.
    So eat it, you should.