User Tag List

First 3456 Last

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Do you ever wonder if heaven will be everything you've experienced here, only better? And what 'better' might mean? If there's such thing as truer colors than there are here, and what that might look like? Is it possible to hear color?
    Heaven, yes, I think about stuff like that regularly.
    Do you think about the influence that art/music has over mankind, and whether it makes them better people? Can hearing a variation in a scale of musical notes really influence morality?
    Do you wonder if there's something inherent in you that prevents you from being as good as some other MBTI type?
    No and no. Similar things, yes, but not those specifically.
    Do you come up with a methodical plan for improving who you are in some way? Like, promising yourself you'll study for an hour every day for the next five years, and then calculate whether that's enough of a chunk in a life to make a difference?
    This seems like a very Te activity to me, do you think it is?
    I surely don't do that though. If I plan to improve myself it will be a more general thing. I won't set out times for it, etc, probably less methodical than what you are describing there.

Quote Originally Posted by HezCoz524 View Post
    I tend to do a little bit of what everyone is saying. When I'm alone with my thoughts I tend to think very creatively, I suppose "daydreaming" is the appropriate word, where I come up with intricate stories or places and play them out in my mind.
    Me too, I'm a compulsive daydreamer!

I also think about tasks that I have to accomplish in the context of time. I reflect a lot on myself or others in my life, either trying to figure out certain problems or analyzing scenarios.
    I am also addicted to solving problems. I think I get a high from the chase. Seriously... I get depressed without a problem to chew on.

I also do the tangential mental conversations...all the time.

The one thing I don't do that others have said they do, is mentally prioritize/schedule activities. I have to write it down or I forget. Scheduling also seems Te to me...probably why I suck at it.

P.S. I am fairly certain of my type now, so this is most likely ok to take seriously .
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    The one thing I don't do that others have said they do, is mentally prioritize/schedule activities. I have to write it down or I forget. Scheduling also seems Te to me...probably why I suck at it.
    It just depends on how you look at it. I mean, there's low level planning, like day to day tasks. Te looks at it from a different perspective than an FJ, who would view plans as a mean of creating order. To a Te user, it's about utilizing resources efficiently, creating a logical course of action with an end goal in mind, and accomplishment.

Take for instance, I get in a car in the morning, it has a quarter of a tank of gas. I'm driving all day. I have to return the car at the quarter tank. How much gas should I put in the car for the day? Look at the distance driven, different amounts of gas you could put in and how much mileage you receive. All of that is logical analysis that includes planning. It's overkill for that type of situation but it's for example sake.

To a Te user, it's not planning. It's not structure. It's strategy. It's why I sometimes dislike walking into Staples or something with an aisle of organizers. It turns the art of executive level organization and planning into a learned centralized skill. To me, organization isn't an external skill. It's a mental process. It's much more personal and ingrained.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I definitely don't wonder stuff like this. The deepest questions I ponder are about religion - anything else, the Sensor part of my brain will shut it down.

Although sometimes I do ponder art and society, just when I want to figure out what the "point" of art is. But that doesn't happen all that often.

No, because I'm 100% sure that no type is better than any other. We all balance each other out for a reason, and we're all needed in order for society to function, in my opinion.

Absolutely yes to the bolded, but no to the rest. I'll often plan that sort of thing out (i.e. fixing something I regularly do wrong), but I won't think so far ahead.

Examples of what's going on in my brain when I'm zoned out:
    - Crap, I've got to catch the bus to get to my haircut at 3...
    - That was embarrassing! Why did I do that?!?
    - I hope my test goes well...
    - What the hell is that thing doing there? Someone ought to fix that.
    - That billboard is awesome! I've gotta tell my friend about that - she'd love it.
    - *taking someone's recent quote and going on an Ne-ish hypothetical continued conversation in my mind*
    - *singing along to a song in my head*
    - *reliving a memory or movie/TV scene*
    Donna Cecilia said morality influences art.
    Do you agree?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Donna Cecilia said morality influences art.
    Do you agree?
    I don't think it does in an absolute way, in the sense that the two are inseparable. I think it's a cultural thing. There was a time when, for example, literature in the West was expected to have a good moral influence on the reader. Now the culture is different and art is more individualistic.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by rurounimon View Post
    I need to learn more about how to live in the moment.
    This is what I am trying to do more of these days. I am actually actively trying not to get lost in thought. I can fall in the trap of magnifying things in my mind and then thinking way too much about it and making it more complicated than it is, when I would have a more accurate handle on things if I just experienced the moment more without analysing it. I think it would also help me to be less moody and sensitive
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

When I said that morality influences art, I was standing in the artist´s shoes.

From the artist perspective, you can see many different reactions.

The first one is to defend and praise the morality of the culture they live in. The first group you find here are those who do so because they fully identify with it. You will find lots of examples of that in the European Literature from the Middle Ages, or the poems by José Martí (Cuban writer, supporter of Fidel Castro, and the "Cuban Revolution")

The other group that make a defense of an era morality is made up by those who choose self-censorship. It is the path chosen by artists who don´t agree with all of their society´s moral norms, but keep themselves from creating any pieces that can start conflict with them. Taking into account both their fear of punishment, or the fact that their art is the only thing they can do for a living. Think of those artist who had no choice but to stay in their countries during a dictatorship regime. At least in my own country, not all of them had the chance to go into exile.

The second approach is to react against the society´s moral norms. I strongly reccomend this movie which perfectly depicts this choice:

The War Symphonies: Shostakovich Against Stalin (1997)

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    It just depends on how you look at it. I mean, there's low level planning, like day to day tasks. Te looks at it from a different perspective than an FJ, who would view plans as a mean of creating order.
    Day-to-day tasks is low level?!- I find it hard, get drained planning it out...weak Te maybe.
    Out of curiosity, do you plan day to day tasks? Write them down? etc.
    As a means of creating order- I plan basically so I don't forget tests and such at university. I don't plan outside of when I absolutely have to.

To a Te user, it's about utilizing resources efficiently, creating a logical course of action with an end goal in mind, and accomplishment.
    This sounds very "driven".

Take for instance, I get in a car in the morning, it has a quarter of a tank of gas. I'm driving all day. I have to return the car at the quarter tank. How much gas should I put in the car for the day? Look at the distance driven, different amounts of gas you could put in and how much mileage you receive. All of that is logical analysis that includes planning. It's overkill for that type of situation but it's for example sake.

To a Te user, it's not planning. It's not structure. It's strategy. It's why I sometimes dislike walking into Staples or something with an aisle of organizers. It turns the art of executive level organization and planning into a learned centralized skill. To me, organization isn't an external skill. It's a mental process. It's much more personal and ingrained.
    Woah. This is great, raz, so thank you.
    People can learn to organize, but weak Te is weak Te- they will never be as good as you or other high Te users, right? You are naturally inclined to use it well.
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTJ

Do you ever wonder if heaven will be everything you've experienced here, only better? And what 'better' might mean? If there's such thing as truer colors than there are here, and what that might look like? Is it possible to hear color?
    Do you think about the influence that art/music has over mankind, and whether it makes them better people? Can hearing a variation in a scale of musical notes really influence morality?
    Do you wonder if there's something inherent in you that prevents you from being as good as some other MBTI type?
    Do you come up with a methodical plan for improving who you are in some way? Like, promising yourself you'll study for an hour every day for the next five years, and then calculate whether that's enough of a chunk in a life to make a difference?

Come on, everyone really thinks about these things when they're zoned out, right?
    I meant, "everyone really thinks about things like these when they're zoned out, right?"

I don't understand why people are responding to each and every example; I didn't mean -- "do you think of these exact things?" I meant, "is this the type of thing you think about when you zone out?" I expected answers like, "yes," or "no," or "pretty much" or "not even close."

I'm . . . baffled.
    Last edited by coconut; 08-02-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: because.

All Natural! All Good!

I meant, "everyone really thinks about things like these when they're zoned out, right?"

I don't understand why people are responding to each and every example; I didn't mean -- "do you think of these exact things?" I meant, "is this the type of thing you think about when you zone out?" I expected answers like, "yes," or "no," or "pretty much" or "not even close."

I'm . . . baffled.
    I got the gist of what you were saying, I thought you wanted specific examples. I'm sorry.

I'd have to say, "pretty much".
    So eat it, you should.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    I got the gist of what you were saying, I thought you wanted specific examples. I'm sorry.

I'd have to say, "pretty much".
    Thanks.