User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Do you ever wonder if heaven will be everything you've experienced here, only better? And what 'better' might mean? If there's such thing as truer colors than there are here, and what that might look like? Is it possible to hear color?
    Not really, no. As an atheist I don't really take a lot of time out to wonder what some make-believe afterlife will be. If there is an afterlife then sure it could be some of those things but I consider it a waste of time to navel-gaze on stuff like that.

Do you think about the influence that art/music has over mankind, and whether it makes them better people? Can hearing a variation in a scale of musical notes really influence morality?
    It's not something I really think about, but I suppose it could. I know music has the power to motivate or get me moving but I never had it effect me to such a degree as to where I felt like changing my life because of it. That being said, I know others don't think like me so it's certainly possible.

Do you wonder if there's something inherent in you that prevents you from being as good as some other MBTI type?
    My problem with this statement is that it assumes that some MBTI types are objectively 'superior' than other types and I don't really agree with that. My type has it's weaknesses and and it's strengths. I do wish sometimes that I had those cognitive functions that would allow me to follow in and out of a crowd like the way an ESFP/ESTP does but then if I had those functions my whole personality would change and I wouldn't be me anymore.

In spite of all my flaws, I do like being me

Do you come up with a methodical plan for improving who you are in some way? Like, promising yourself you'll study for an hour every day for the next five years, and then calculate whether that's enough of a chunk in a life to make a difference?
    Sometimes I do this. Unfortunately I have to admit pure sloth on putting these plans into action. For example, I often think about ways I could go about approach strength training and putting on a little more muscle (considering how skinny I am) but I just haven't gotten off of my ass to actually do it yet as I haven't had a real need to do it yet.

That however is going to change very rapidly as I'll be participating in a dance competition this December with two, possible three women and as such I'll REALLY need to get in shape

Come on, everyone really thinks about these things when they're zoned out, right?

I feel like Milo: "All right, a dog, I understand, but... deep down inside, we're all cats, right?"
    Sorry to disappoint but....no It's ok though, I'm glad someone does.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

My motivations for my goals, and my future position.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Lots of things, but the most frequent ones:

- things I have to do at Uni,
    - the Formula 1 championship,
    - I listen to music in my mind sometimes, I choose a song that I like and start "travelling",
    - a new outfit, or make-up look,
    - my next after-office,
    - the place where I will hanging out with my friends the next weekend,

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    LoLz

Do you ever wonder if heaven will be everything you've experienced here, only better? And what 'better' might mean?
    I don't subscribe to a religion, so I can't relate on the heaven thing. I think sometimes about what happens after death. Whether it's just a lack of existence or perhaps departure of your soul from your body.

If there's such thing as truer colors than there are here, and what that might look like? Is it possible to hear color?
    Not sure where you're going with this, but no, I don't.

Do you think about the influence that art/music has over mankind, and whether it makes them better people? Can hearing a variation in a scale of musical notes really influence morality?
    I think more about how attached I become to my music collection. It's become so personalized over the last 10 years. Over half of the songs in my collection are attached to a personal memory of something, and trigger that memory each time I hear it.

Do you wonder if there's something inherent in you that prevents you from being as good as some other MBTI type?
    Like said above by someone else, this is situational. I have MBTI on my mind all the time also. Constantly analyzing other people, figuring out their type or temperament. I allow myself to forgive myself for my faults that other types succeed at because I have strengths that make up for it.
    Do you come up with a methodical plan for improving who you are in some way? Like, promising yourself you'll study for an hour every day for the next five years, and then calculate whether that's enough of a chunk in a life to make a difference?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Do you ever wonder if heaven will be everything you've experienced here, only better? And what 'better' might mean? If there's such thing as truer colors than there are here, and what that might look like? Is it possible to hear color?

I´m agnostic. I think of heaven as a state of mind rather than a place to be in. The sound of a colour? No such thing. When you say true colours, I think of Pantone.

I do. But, in fact, I think it´s the other way round. Morality influences art.

Nothing prevents me from being as good as I want to be. MBTI has nothing to do with my self-awareness.

Yes, my sense of time is highly developed. I plan my life in terms of time.

Come on, everyone really thinks about these things when they're zoned out, right?

Seriously, I don´t.

I feel like Milo: "All right, a dog, I understand, but... deep down inside, we're all cats, right?"

Now, I wonder what was Milo´s dog food made of.

Victor Hugo

MBTI
    INTJ

I didn't mean those things specifically; they were examples of the kinds of things I assumed everyone wondered and thought about when they were zoned out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I didn't mean those things specifically; they were examples of the kinds of things I assumed everyone wondered and thought about when they were zoned out.
    I know.

Something I learned here is that, the more you know people, the less you can assume.

Victor Hugo

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Hey,

Oh I know, but sadly I'm very mundane when it comes to my thought processes
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

My hubs is ESTJ; when he's zoned out and I ask him what he's thinking about often it's about how to structure upcoming tasks or solve some problem on his mind.

But, other times, he says he's thinking about nothing. Sometimes zoning out seems to be just that. Which is also somewhat of a guy thing I think.

Research has shown that women's brains are more hard-wired to multi-tasking, while men's are more task-completion oriented, taking one idea from thought to completion, then engaging the next thought. If anyone is interested I can find links to that research.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Research has shown that women's brains are more hard-wired to multi-tasking, while men's are more task-completion oriented, taking one idea from thought to completion, then engaging the next thought. If anyone is interested I can find links to that research.
    No, you don't need to find links -- I've seen it referenced before. Women multitask better because it's necessary for them as mothers. And I've seen that part of it at work--if I'm at the park with my kids, I can chat or read or whatever and never lose sight of my kids, but my husband can't. As soon as he starts chatting with someone, he forgets that kids even exist. His mind has to focus on one thing at a time.