Thread: My child is ISJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

Default My child is ISJ

I recently loosley typed my son and he came up ISJ. He's just a toddler, so I'm not pigeonholing him or anything, but he has very strong preferences and personality traits. My other son is older and ENP; they seem very different. I don't know much about this type and am not familiar with behavioral habits and preferences. I am INTP, so I'm on the other side. Can anyone shed some light on your childhood such as what you were interested in and what felt comfortable? I read a little online and in a few of my books, but I'd like to hear firsthand.
    Some things I have noticed about him:
    He tells me when he is ready for bed.
    He sympathizes with emotions in other people.
    He notices detail in his environment.
    He goes with the flow and doesn't get upset when plans change.
    He is cuddly.
    He doesn't care for strangers at all.
    When kids are playing, he will observe for a while before participating.

I guess I just feel that I'm a very logical type and I want to be sure I am giving him what he needs. I see differences in us. At first he felt needy to me, but now I just want him to have to best possible environment growing up
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

MBTI
    LoLz

My childhood....let's see.

I wasn't a big fan of school, because it was just a lot of work, and half the classes I wasn't interested in. Music, art, creative writing and P.E., I tried to avoid like the plague. They asked me to call on skills that I just plain lack. Those classes asked for either a strong imagination or physical awareness.

In school, I made 1-2 friends and stuck with them. The rest of the student body just generally respected me. No one hated me and no one loved me. I also got into routines at home quickly, realizing when to go to bed, when dinner usually was, etc.

My father introduced me to computers in 1st grade because he's a computer programmer. He had one that I was mess around with when I wanted to. As I got older and learned more about them, I just spent more and more time browsing the internet, learning about my PC. It was something that just finally made sense to me. I was awful at socializing, I was awful at being creative, and the computer offered a way into something that felt more like me.

Being social wasn't the easiest thing for me and it still isn't at 23. I found myself not easily connecting with others, and trying to force myself into social situations. I just would rather find something to work on myself. If I met someone I liked to talk to and cared about, that was fine. I really feel the same about social situations at 23 as I did when I was 7.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I liked gathering facts, as much as possible. That part is true, about what they say. That happened mostly outside of school, too. But I would try to get a complete run-down of the stats and ins-and-outs of whatever topics interested me at the time.

So shy...Whenever my parents tried leaving me in a new social situation, I'd come running back to hide behind them.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sounds nothing like an ISJ child.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

While I wouldn't say that he sounds nothing like an ISJ child, he sounds like he could be IFP instead. Check out this page and see if the description resonates with you.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I was very much like that child. I didn't care for strangers at all. In fact, I wouldn't talk to them. I was very concerned about other people's feelings and I took everything to heart. Yes, I did observe other kids before participating. And then, I was still very shy. Also, I was very aware of details in my environment. I was very much an IFP child and I think that this boy may be IFP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Havane View Post
    While I wouldn't say that he sounds nothing like an ISJ child, he sounds like he could be IFP instead. Check out this page and see if the description resonates with you.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Where does the J come from? Sounds more P. Though who knows really, with a toddler. Introversion can restrain the P so it's less noticeable.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

Well, he doesn't seem to be sensitive to getting in trouble at all, and doesn't really care if people are pleased or disappointed. He doesn't get his feelings hurt easily. He likes his toys put away and always cleans up when asked. He is quick to make up his mind about getting dressed and always is insistent on what to wear and what toys to take in the car. He's not a picky eater and tries new foods, but not new people. He's very full of energy and emotions. He's not afraid to speak up about his needs. He also wastes no time getting ready to go somewhere and is first to the door in our family of 3 NPs. Thanks for the help. It's not super urgent, and I realize it's early to tell, but I'm just curious. I took the test again, and got ISJ a second time.
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

your resident asshole

It sounds like you could argue him either way. In the first thread he sounds IFP, but the last is mostly ISJ.

:confused:

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

He sounds like a wonderfully obedient and mature child for his age!

I remember being shy and quiet, but telling my parents when I was ready for bed? Never!

I don't really know how early you can gauge personality. It's probably best to wait until he's old enough to take the test on his own and see the results then.