User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: My child is ISJ

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    He sounds like a wonderfully obedient and mature child for his age!

I remember being shy and quiet, but telling my parents when I was ready for bed? Never!

I don't really know how early you can gauge personality. It's probably best to wait until he's old enough to take the test on his own and see the results then.
    I still don't trust even some adults to answer the questions on the test truthfully.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I still don't trust even some adults to answer the questions on the test truthfully.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Unless the person taking the test is honestly interested in their results, they probably wont take it too seriously.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Unless the person taking the test is honestly interested in their results, they probably wont take it too seriously.
    Genuine interest in the results isn't the only requirement. The test also requires a certain degree of self-awareness and introspection.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

I agree. I thought I was INTP forever until I went to counseling and started honestly asking my friends if I was emotionally aware. Turns out I'm not too good at all that.
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    I agree. I thought I was INTP forever until I went to counseling and started honestly asking my friends if I was emotionally aware. Turns out I'm not too good at all that.
    I wouldn't ask other people about my own emotional awareness.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    Well, he doesn't seem to be sensitive to getting in trouble at all, and doesn't really care if people are pleased or disappointed. He doesn't get his feelings hurt easily. He likes his toys put away and always cleans up when asked. He is quick to make up his mind about getting dressed and always is insistent on what to wear and what toys to take in the car. He's not a picky eater and tries new foods, but not new people. He's very full of energy and emotions. He's not afraid to speak up about his needs. He also wastes no time getting ready to go somewhere and is first to the door in our family of 3 NPs. Thanks for the help. It's not super urgent, and I realize it's early to tell, but I'm just curious. I took the test again, and got ISJ a second time.
    I have an ISJ daughter, and I would say from everything you mentioned thus far, the only inconsistency would be the sensitivity to trouble or scolding. But, boys usually can be that way, as I was as a child.

As far as my daughter, well, she's very picky with anything new. One method that I use to coax her is to compare or give facts about a new food, person, or situation with something she's already comfortable with. For example, meat tastes like chicken (now everything is chicken), Sally has the same color hair as Annie, and this park has more toys than that park!! etc etc etc.

ISJ children are all extremely responsible, and needs rules clearly defined for them. A typical ISJ child will point out that rules aren't fair, aren't being followed, or are improperly applied. This goes in life as well -- A happy ISJ child's day-to-day will be dependable and static. Everything must be defined. Lunchtime is lunchtime, dinnertime is dinnertime, naptime is naptime. My daughter reminds me if I'm late for her lunch, every time.

ISJ children have an astounding memory for details, and my daughter is no exception in this case. They WILL remember that you promised something at 4pm if they understand concept of time. Even if time isn't well-defined for them, they will still remember you promised them. Breaking a promise with an ISJ child violates their high principle of rules and definitions, even if they deserved it (such as punishment). It is not wise to break many promises, or have too many constant life changes with this type of child, such as moving around a lot or last minute changes.

Some ISJ children can (and do) develop their intuition to become IN*J adults (as I did). This occurs usually during the teenage years, when intuition capacity and aptitude can analyzed by the self (though they don't know that's what happening) and they essentially "choose" a preference between sense and intuition. IN*J adults are extremely capable and intelligent in many fields, and usually assume leadership roles (with more clear definitions, now phrased as "goals")

Hope this helps! There is a ton of information out there, but the best knowledge can be gained simply by playing with the child, at least in my case

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@INTJ_Prodigy you have one freaking sick-nasty username! I used to be DragonProdigy93 on Personality Cage with a Bruce Lee avatar. Anyway, you must be a prodigiously skilled spirit of unprecedented power mwahahahaha! I hope to learn from the best, my friend.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

He tells me when he is ready for bed.

Sounds like SJ

He sympathizes with emotions in other people.

F

He notices detail in his environment.

S, could be SP or SJ

He goes with the flow and doesn't get upset when plans change.

P. SJs are usually more rigid about plans.

He is cuddly.

F

He doesn't care for strangers at all.

Introvert

When kids are playing, he will observe for a while before participating.

Introvert

Most of these are not necessarily ISJ but could be attributable to some other type preference. I would say ISFP or maybe ISFJ but more likely ISFP.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

I love ISJ children.
    I really like cats and food.