• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Where my ISFJs at?

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm an ISFJ!

I am usually not a big joiner, I would rather lurk or observe...but I really like this site! I haven't read through all the messages on this thread, but I would say that I am very technologically savvy (I love to learn new things and I have always worked in offices.) I am VERY busy (typical ISFJ), but I enjoy learning about myself.

It's interesting because some of the ISFJ traits described here fit me right now, but some I used to have alot more when I was younger (I'm 34.) I chalk that up to the years of counseling I've had and consider myself a more emotionally healthy ISFJ (I actually scored higher than 80% of the population on an emotional intelligence test.) I am not needy and I can be very assertive in a situation that calls for it. I am not afraid of conflict, but I do like to resolve conflict as quickly as I can, because I don't like bad feelings between myself and other people. The other stuff totally applies - responsible, dependable, hardworking (what I like to call somewhat "boring!) My husband is an INFP and I envy his ability to be spontaneous and creative.

Interestingly enough, I made my best friend take this test recently and she is an ISFJ too. I love her to pieces, but I never would have guessed!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Awww. Welcome Lambchop. :hi:

I hope you enjoy yourself here. This forum can get quiet sometimes so it is nice to have some new blood ask some questions.

Have fun.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Thanks for the welcome!

I must be a very self aware ISFJ, as I find this typology stuff fascinating. My (newlywed in June) husband is an INFP and he's actually the one that got me to take the tests. After we did, we exchanged profiles with each other and it has really helped us understand each other and helped with communication.

One of our big differences is that he tends to be abstract in his thinking and I am very concrete. It can cause conflicts! But we've worked it out so that I can say to him "I need you to explain that to me in concrete terms, so I can understand it." Then he will go away and think abut it for awhile and is able to come back to explain things more concretely and I can understand better. We had a TOUGH time the first year we were dating though!

I can be an extreme introvert and it is SOOO nice to hear other introverts talk about "the hearth and home thing" being NORMAL - for a long time, I thought there was something wrong with me! When I do go out, I usually have a good time...but I prefer smaller numbers of people and I really had fun recently when a couple of our friends came over for a BBQ and to Apples to Apples - I don't like entertaining much, but it lets me be at home and enjoy our friends. I work as a paralegal, so I spend a lot of my day "helping" my attorney and our clients - so when I get home, I need to shut myself away for a little while (usually reading a book in bed) before I feel halfway normal again.

I have my close friends and family that I love and cherish and would do anything for and I love to have fun and laugh, but most of the time I'm quite content being by myself. I love to read (HUGE bookworm) and watch movies and I definitely need my own space. My favorite times are spent with my husband and two boys at home or going to eat, bowling, going to a movie. Luckily, my INFP husband understands needs his own space. My ex-fiance (ENFJ) suffocated me to death. I am VERY caretakey...especially with my kids. They often tell me I worry too much or I'm overprotective of them! I LOVE having a clean house...but it's hard living with 4 guys, so I've learned to relax my standards or do it myself without complaining. However, I'm not really that domestic in the kitchen. I hate cooking. My husband loves to cook, so he does most of it. (I usually have to clean up after him though.) One time when we lived together and he moved out for a week, I literally fed the boys and myself from stopping at gas stations on the way home from work. I don't have the patience that I used to when I was younger for following recipes and I almost always screw something up. Not very ISFJish of me!

Interestingly enough, both of my kids are just one letter off from me - my oldest is an ESFJ and my youngest is an ISFP...I can relate to both very well, but they are very different from each other!

I think I'm rambling now! I think it's great that different personality types can help others understand. I plan on hitting the NP boards for help understanding my hubby more!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for the welcome!

I must be a very self aware ISFJ, as I find this typology stuff fascinating. My (newlywed in June) husband is an INFP and he's actually the one that got me to take the tests. After we did, we exchanged profiles with each other and it has really helped us understand each other and helped with communication.

One of our big differences is that he tends to be abstract in his thinking and I am very concrete. It can cause conflicts! But we've worked it out so that I can say to him "I need you to explain that to me in concrete terms, so I can understand it." Then he will go away and think abut it for awhile and is able to come back to explain things more concretely and I can understand better. We had a TOUGH time the first year we were dating though!

I can be an extreme introvert and it is SOOO nice to hear other introverts talk about "the hearth and home thing" being NORMAL - for a long time, I thought there was something wrong with me! When I do go out, I usually have a good time...but I prefer smaller numbers of people and I really had fun recently when a couple of our friends came over for a BBQ and to Apples to Apples - I don't like entertaining much, but it lets me be at home and enjoy our friends. I work as a paralegal, so I spend a lot of my day "helping" my attorney and our clients - so when I get home, I need to shut myself away for a little while (usually reading a book in bed) before I feel halfway normal again.

I have my close friends and family that I love and cherish and would do anything for and I love to have fun and laugh, but most of the time I'm quite content being by myself. I love to read (HUGE bookworm) and watch movies and I definitely need my own space. My favorite times are spent with my husband and two boys at home or going to eat, bowling, going to a movie. Luckily, my INFP husband understands needs his own space. My ex-fiance (ENFJ) suffocated me to death. I am VERY caretakey...especially with my kids. They often tell me I worry too much or I'm overprotective of them! I LOVE having a clean house...but it's hard living with 4 guys, so I've learned to relax my standards or do it myself without complaining. However, I'm not really that domestic in the kitchen. I hate cooking. My husband loves to cook, so he does most of it. (I usually have to clean up after him though.) One time when we lived together and he moved out for a week, I literally fed the boys and myself from stopping at gas stations on the way home from work. I don't have the patience that I used to when I was younger for following recipes and I almost always screw something up. Not very ISFJish of me!

Interestingly enough, both of my kids are just one letter off from me - my oldest is an ESFJ and my youngest is an ISFP...I can relate to both very well, but they are very different from each other!

I think I'm rambling now! I think it's great that different personality types can help others understand. I plan on hitting the NP boards for help understanding my hubby more!

How lovely. :wubbie: Welcome!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^^ Welcome. ;)

Wow .. This is so cool, SJ's don't usually like places like this or so we are told, so it is nice to see some new blood.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
same here

I must be a very self aware ISFJ, as I find this typology stuff fascinating. My (newlywed in June) husband is an INFP and he's actually the one that got me to take the tests.

My best friend who's an INFP also got me hooked into all this typology stuff as well. I too am a ISFJ. Its really a cool thing isnt it? I feel like I understand myself a bit more and why I react the way I do. All though I have to admit, I feel as though my personality type is really a rug that gets walked on...I suppose I'm still learning how to have some confidence with my type.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well personally i LOVE being on forums, even though i am a ISFJ. I suppose this allows me to vent on topics and to learn about others. I'm a bizarre one I'm sure. I'm still pretty new to really knowing my type but I'm so thrilled that I can actually understand my actions and my thought process!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well personally i LOVE being on forums, even though i am a ISFJ. I suppose this allows me to vent on topics and to learn about others. I'm a bizarre one I'm sure. I'm still pretty new to really knowing my type but I'm so thrilled that I can actually understand my actions and my thought process!

:nice:

Yeah, most introverts thrive online.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
What's wrong with all you people you come here and post like 5 times and split. LAME

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
What's wrong with all you people you come here and post like 5 times and split. LAME

ISFJ's are sensitive people .. Some people on here are to abrupt .. I can see how it could intimidate someone .. Jeez, i even left at one point .. As long as they can grow a thick skin, then it isn't to bad.

Be nice darling ;) Lol

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
ISFJ's are sensitive people .. Some people on here are to abrupt .. I can see how it could intimidate someone .. Jeez, i even left at one point .. As long as they can grow a thick skin, then it isn't to bad.

Be nice darling ;) Lol

Well boohoo cry me a river.

As of yesterday countrygirl switched over to ISFP so that only leaves a handful of us. How am I supposed to assemble my army now?

I need to create a marketing plan. :coffee:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

As of yesterday countrygirl switched over to ISFP so that only leaves a handful of us. How am I supposed to assemble my army now?

An ISFJ army?
How cute..
You kids will have matching floral aprons to go over your carefully pressed & fitted uniforms, no doubt.:cheese:

When you market this idea, be sure to offer a FREE! recipe book & better living guide...
And don't forget the bonus gift- a personally engraved gold heart pendant to any ISFJ who cares enough to join the cause.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
An ISFJ army?
How cute..
You kids will have matching floral aprons to go over your carefully pressed & fitted uniforms, no doubt.:cheese:

When you market this idea, be sure to offer a FREE! recipe book & better living guide...
And don't forget the bonus gift- a personally engraved gold heart pendant to any ISFJ who cares enough to join the cause.

Fucking shoot me now :coffee:

Better not mention then that i took a test yesterday and i am apparently borderline on the F/T and J/P then .. lol .. :newwink:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
An ISFJ army?
How cute..

AWW! You brought jokes, see I knew you NFs had a funny bone.

Since you brought jokes I brought my army.

stepford-wives_l.jpg

Your kind is not welcome here! So get that espresso to go, hop on that fixed gear bike and head down to your local farmers market. K? Thanks! :cheese:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'll help you get an army JTG as long as I get an ISFJ for myself! Deal? :cheers: