• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Where my ISFJs at?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I don't think they are a big fan of online forums. I know a few "in real life" and none of them are much into posting and discussing things online.

-Geoff

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The majority of the folks on this site are INxx, according to a poll here. It's my opinion that the majority of people who use the internet are N types. The chances of having S types here are small, but not impossible.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Excuse me. Have you read what people write about ISFJs on this forum?

I've tested as ISFJ and still do 75% of the time, although I'm close to and am developing my N side. I enjoy type talk and contribute when I don't feel I'm going to be blasted for it. But thanks for asking. (smiley face)

Jae Rae

O

Oberon

I was just wondering, because A) it's my exact opposite type, and B) I'm married to one.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've read at least one other ISFJ poster on this forum. (smile)

In general, I get along well with the NTPs I know and my best (male) friend is an ENTP. He's the one who introduced me to MBTI. We've had many great discussions, and have found it to be a mutually beneficial relationship, not
without its challenges. We were exercise partners for three years; I provided reliability and reminders, and he provided enthusiasm and new suggestions. We loved the conversations and sharing what was going on in our lives, local politics, music, movies, book talk, etc.

Jae Rae

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jae Rae, my dear. I'm glad to see you posting again, even a little bit. :)

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
My boyfriend seems to straddle the INFJ/ISFJ line. He doesn't talk type much nor does he frequent online forums or I'd have him come around to help you out.

I have nothing bad to say about ISFJ's! :) If anything, I wish you all would post more so I can figure out what's going on with the boyfriend's type.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
My husband is an ISFJ.

He has a basic understanding of type theory, but he doesn't frequent forums to talk about it. He spends a bit of time online either gaming, reading or browsing (and occasionally offering very practical advice) on a technical forum that he visits.

I like ISFJs. Practical, responsible, quiet and loyal. :)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only know one ISFJ, and I think she's wonderful. She's so kind, has great insight into emotions and relationships, and I value her opinion on things.

She doesn't really spend much time on the internet though, and certainly not web forums. Most of her free time is spent off of the computer, either with her family or friends, or pursuing her hobbies.

She does know about mbti (which is why I know she's an ISFJ, as she volunteered that information and sees herself as one) and we have talked about it a few times, but she's not nearly as into it as I am.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm just askin'... :huh:

They have inferior Ne.

They want to come here about as much as INTP's typically want to participate in a huge, annually-held formal dinner. Or rather, want to come here about as much as INFJ's would like to attend wild, crazy, drunken parties where the police get called.

Get the idea?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If I didn't have my ISFJ sister-in-law to give me the occasional reality kick in the butt, I'd be a worse co-dependent mess than I am now. God showed his favor on my family the day she put her common sense aside long enough to marry into it.

Alas, her brief time online is usually spent surfing government sites containing public records so she can find out about the people she knows. She navigates those suckers like a fish in water. She listens politely when I talk about MBTI, but I don't think she's ever going to make a habit of hanging out on forums about it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Alas, her brief time online is usually spent surfing government sites containing public records so she can find out about the people she knows. She navigates those suckers like a fish in water. She listens politely when I talk about MBTI, but I don't think she's ever going to make a habit of hanging out on forums about it.

But you've got to wonder who's making the best use of their online time... hers is definitely more practical than ours. I mean, you never know what kind of background the people you think you know might actually have. MBTI is a more fun and less invasive-feeling internet activity to think about, though. I think the reason I don't do things like that is because I would feel like I was invading their privacy for some reason, and I worry they might get mad and think I didn't trust them if they knew I did a background check on them like that.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
But you've got to wonder who's making the best use of their online time... hers is definitely more practical than ours. I mean, you never know what kind of background the people you think you know might actually have. MBTI is a more fun and less invasive-feeling internet activity to think about, though.
I don't really place a value judgment on either. I feel . . . puzzled and amused by her interest in it and impressed by her mad skillz. I'm sure she's puzzled by my activities, too. But I'm the one she calls when she's on the road and needs directions looked up online and stuff like that. We have a weird little mutual admiration society. :smile:

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have an ISFJ grandma (the other one, not the one who is an ISFP ;)). She does not have the internet, and would probably think that something like this was only for young people with a lot of free time anyway. She is literally always on the run doing something to help people, even strangers she meets in thrift stores! I admire this type so much.