User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 378

  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    5

    Default

    ME! I'm an ISFJ! And this is my first post! So, is this like a thread to talk about ISFJs? Because you got a in-house ISFJ gal right here!!

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I didn't mean to sound dismissive Jae Rae, and I did say it wasn't my opinion but just a random thought I had come to me, which I expressed to see what others would make of it, since I didn't make much of it myself. That's the way Ne dominants work...

    I wasn't saying "no ISFJ's use computers and they're all useless bimbos". I'm just saying that each type has higher probabilities of certain inclinations, and taking the function order that's given for ISFJ, it seems more likely that they would

    a) be female (thereby, not exactly excluded but less encouraged by society to take part in 'sciences'), which is true of any F type (true as in a truly higher probability, not 'always the case')

    b) prefer to stick to what they know, rather than try new things,

    c) be apprehensive of trying something new without supervision from someone who knew the territory - both natural aspects of having Si as a dominant function.

    d) as introverts, be less hungry for human interaction than their extraverted Feeling and SJ cousins, and therefore less likely to put the effort into overcoming an apprehension towards the unknown and a general lower level of confidence with improvising, to participate in Internet communities

    e) as introverted feelers, be more likely to have a few RL close friends that are all the social life they want and need, as opposed to introverted thinkers who often find social bonding and making friends more difficult and/or have even less need for it (even if they only think they have less need for it).

    I hope this clarifies to you that I wasn't generalizing or dismissing, but just extrapolating from the theory of MBTI and the function attitudes. Even so I still want to labour the point that this is ALL it is to me, and not my own personal opinion. I have no opinion on the matter, as I don't have enough info to make one.

    edit - and yes, the ISFJ I know is exactly as tech-savvy as she needs to be. That is, she knows how to operate the computer system in her office in order to do the things that her job entails; she can use her cellphone, or the features of it that are of use to her. But if I were to ask her how to do something that's never come up in her line of work, or that she'd never thought about before, I know for certain (and from experience) that she'd be more likely to say "Well, I don't know, you'll have to ask someone else" - she'd be able to tell me exactly where to find the information, but she wouldn't say, "Well, I dunno, but let's see, if you open the... and click on... then it should... oh wait, hang on, no, okay let's try... ah, that's it", she wouldn't just improvise and figure it out on the spot, like I do all the time.

    That's not prejudice, that's simple type theory. Si is a 'stick to what you know and work outwards slowly' function, whilst my dominant is Ne, which is a 'dive right in and figure it out as you go' function. My head is choc-full of info that I've never had any personal need of and possibly never will, from times when I've just tried and tested and experimented 'just to see'. I never know 'just as much as I need' - within minutes of the supervisor turning their back, I'm tinkering away and figuring out more stuff because I'm quite simply, insatiably curious.
    Erm, hi. Ah...well...I am a true ISFJ inside out. (READ MY PREVIOUS POST!) First, I like to say I hope I do not offend you or anything. Well, I gotta ask you something, is your post referring to adults or something? Because nowadays, everyone is tech-savvy (ISFJ or otherwise, female or otherwise, introverted or otherwise...ok...you get my point.) I hope you can explain to me because I'm a little lost here about your post...hope I haven't offended you.

  3. #83
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm an ISFJ too!

    First, MC2456 your apologetic attitude sounds a lot like mine. I'd also like to note with your point that ISFJs have a powerful motivation to learn something if it pleases or is useful to someone close to them. I became great with computers because my family used me as the tech support on nearly everything. Once I got rewarded for it a few times I learned a lot more about how to use technology.

    Second, IMHO the reason that ISFJ's don't participate in these boards that often is also because they have no real motivation to do so. I have visited this board a couple of times, but this is the first time I have ever posted. Why did I decide to register and post? Simple, I thought I might be able to help you guys with any questions you might have about ISFJs. Otherwise, I'd have no motivation to do so. Random discussion about other types doesn't interest me all that much unless it relates to someone I know. (The self absorbed attitude there bothers me, but it is true.)

    Third, the main reason that I became interested in the MBTI was to help with an identity crisis I had a few years back. My parents were really laid back with my career choice and all I wanted was someone to tell me what I should do. I frantically researched a lot about types that sounded close to me in a hope that the MBTI (authority) would tell me what to choose. Reasoning and intuition are [B]not[B] my strong point, and it took me nearly 7 years to figure out my type. I actually didn't start to realize it until I used my vast store of knowledge about the MBTI (Si at work) to note my preferences in day to day activities.

    Also, this latest burst in research has been in an effort to help understand my strengths and weaknesses to help at work. I've been using it to help understand the differences between my boss and I so that I can increase his satisfaction with my work (Fe.)



    Oh and my hobbies are...

    Taking a walk and listening to music in solitude, hiking, helping on my grandfather's farm, reading (usually non-fiction), and going to breakfast with friends.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I'm just askin'...
    There are still some of us lurking in the shadows waiting for a opening
    I am actually a ISFJ/P

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
    My mother is one. I can't say she likes the world wide web though
    If you're 44% J doesn't that make you a P?

  6. #86
    Junior Member TheLivingCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Another ISFJ here. I have to agree that we’re quiet bunch when it comes to online forums. We may join boards like this but without any motivation to jump in a little and converse we don’t exactly stick around. It’s good to see that there are some of us still lurking about though.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I'm ISFJ and I doubt there's many of my type on here haha

  8. #88
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehastin1 View Post
    I'm ISFJ and I doubt there's many of my type on here haha
    Hi!!!!

  9. #89
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehastin1 View Post
    I'm ISFJ and I doubt there's many of my type on here haha
    Yeah, just a few. We "S's" in general are pretty rare around here, but the good part about that is that the N majority hangs on our every word.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  10. #90
    Senior Member Oso Mocoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, just a few. We "S's" in general are pretty rare around here, but the good part about that is that the N majority hangs on our every word.
    I know, isn't that wonderful?

Similar Threads

  1. [E2] Where my 2w3s at?!
    By five sounds in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM
  2. [E8] Where my 8's at??!!
    By IheartFootball10 in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
  3. Where my nerds at?
    By Tiny Army in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
  4. [ISFJ] Help me understand and respect my ISFJ mate?
    By crandolph in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
  5. Where Are My Pentecostals At?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO