• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Where my ISFJs at?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cooper, thanks for the insight! I feel like I can relate to a lot of that, to tell you the truth.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
im buzzin...

but im kind of seeing this isfj girl...

she's really cool... she's really good to me..... =)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cool, Modern Nomad. I hope you stay happy. :)

chimpuloc

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Do any ISFJ's here have ISFJ friends? I am yet to meet another one.

Only one.
She likes me but I don't like her in "that way".
Funny, one of the reasons I sometimes can't get along with her is because I see how I used to be in the way she acts.

P.S. psssst, I'll be your friend :D lol

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How nice to meet you. :cool:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ here, saying hi.

I'm on the internet half my life. Internet friends are the best -- you never have to help them move house. Ha. I love having conversations in writing so I can go back and study them. I love meeting new people and hearing new ideas without having to leave my house, at my own pace, when I feel like it. I can't stand arguing unless it's really to learn something rather than being a pissing contest. As far as figuring out technology -- I do prefer to RTM. It's faster. I can most certainly figure it out, because it's all very logical, but if someone's taken the trouble to write out instructions, I figure I can take the time to follow them at least the first time around.

Anyway. Hi. :-D

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ here, saying hi.

I'm on the internet half my life. Internet friends are the best -- you never have to help them move house. Ha. I love having conversations in writing so I can go back and study them. I love meeting new people and hearing new ideas without having to leave my house, at my own pace, when I feel like it. I can't stand arguing unless it's really to learn something rather than being a pissing contest. As far as figuring out technology -- I do prefer to RTM. It's faster. I can most certainly figure it out, because it's all very logical, but if someone's taken the trouble to write out instructions, I figure I can take the time to follow them at least the first time around.

Anyway. Hi. :-D

welcome :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another ISFJ. Yay! Welcome Tiltyred!!! :)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I can most certainly figure it out, because it's all very logical, but if someone's taken the trouble to write out instructions, I figure I can take the time to follow them at least the first time around.

But, then what do you do when one of the manuals is bloated with things you don't care about and you spend a half hour sifting through it trying to find what you want. Oh wait, that happens when I jump into the activity, and then consult the manual when I get stuck. I've never liked manuals as straight up reading material. They're a reference to me.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But, then what do you do when one of the manuals is bloated with things you don't care about and you spend a half hour sifting through it trying to find what you want. Oh wait, that happens when I jump into the activity, and then consult the manual when I get stuck. I've never liked manuals as straight up reading material. They're a reference to me.

I look in the Table of Contents and find the page that what I want is listed on, and then I go to that page. If it's wordy, I skim.

But I think you're right -- they're reference material. I don't read them front to back, I look up what I want to know. But I usually look it up and follow the instructions, because for me it is a waste of time to mess around and try to figure it out myself. I can, but it takes longer, and it's not interesting to me to mess around with the equipment. I just want it to do what I want it to do.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I need to increase my ISFJ locating skills. Where are you ISFJ's hiding!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I look in the Table of Contents and find the page that what I want is listed on, and then I go to that page. If it's wordy, I skim.

But I think you're right -- they're reference material. I don't read them front to back, I look up what I want to know. But I usually look it up and follow the instructions, because for me it is a waste of time to mess around and try to figure it out myself. I can, but it takes longer, and it's not interesting to me to mess around with the equipment. I just want it to do what I want it to do.

I do this too.

I need to increase my ISFJ locating skills. Where are you ISFJ's hiding!

Considering that they are the most common type, I think it's difficult to meet them still because they are quiet and unpretentious and like routine and predictability. So they spend most of their time at home, at work/school, and hanging out with a close circle of friends and/or family. However, they also have a bleeding heart and feel the tendency to want to "rescue or take care of the stray dog" so you might find them hanging out with irresponsible people from time to time.