User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Where are all the ISFJs?
    They're doing my laundry and making toast for me.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post

At least one quasi-ISFJ is schoolin' you on the internets.

The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    You mean they're burning your toast for you.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post

Jae Rae
    You're only allowed to say that because you're one of them... possibly.

Jae Rae

MBTI
    INFJ

Jae Rae
    I'm just laughing because I'm the one who cooks in my INFJ/ISFJ relationship. My boyfriend can make bagels and that's it! At least he wakes up early to make the bagel & have it waiting for me when I wake up.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Jae Rae
    Definitely not. They always get it just right. My grandmother's an ISFJ (maybe P).

Of the SJs, they're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

At least one quasi-ISFJ is schoolin' you on the internets.

Well...
    Uh...

Yes mother.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Depends whether they were taught to cook. If they were taught to cook, they do everything perfectly because they follow the procedures and instructions to the letter and don't take random lliberties with recipes in the name of variety and experimentation (like I do, with varying success).

However, if they haven't been taught, then the chances of them figuring it out for themselves to the point of perfection that the taught ones achieve, seems pretty minimal.

But that tends to be the case with all of the ISxJ's I've known. When they know what to do, they do it perfectly. But without the instructions, if thrown in at the deep end with a new or unfamiliar task, it's flap time. Or it's time for that patented Si-dom rigidity: "No, I don't cook." [therefore you'll have to do it, or starve, I don't care either way, I'm ordering takeout!] Or, at best, it's "err on the side of caution" time: I'm petrified that if I cook these burgers I might poison everyone by undercooking them, therefore I'll burn them to a crisp to be on the safe side.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Depends whether they were taught to cook. If they were taught to cook, they do everything perfectly because they follow the procedures and instructions to the letter and don't take random liberties with recipes in the name of variety and experimentation (like I do, with varying success).

However, if they haven't been taught, then the chances of them figuring it out for themselves to the point of perfection that the taught ones achieve, seems pretty minimal.

But that tends to be the case with all of the ISxJ's I've known. When they know what to do, they do it perfectly. But without the instructions, if thrown in at the deep end with a new or unfamiliar task, it's flap time. Or it's time for that patented Si-dom rigidity: "No, I don't cook." [therefore you'll have to do it, or starve, I don't care either way, I'm ordering takeout!] Or, at best, it's "err on the side of caution" time: I'm petrified that if I cook these burgers I might poison everyone by undercooking them, therefore I'll burn them to a crisp to be on the safe side.
    You have an ISFJ daughter, right?

You have solved a conundrum for me. I had a best friend who was an ISFJ but always had to "take a class" before she would do something complex. I always wondered what motivated such thinking, not that there's anything wrong with it; it's just so different from me, I didn't understand it.

The other thing though, which I think is a great advantage over my temperament, after she took a class in something, she wouldn't be afraid at all. She didn't worry about not being perfect. She was patient with herself when she made mistakes. It was quite confounding to my thinking - so opposite of me.

One time we took lessons together - in a new computer application - and I did see the advantage of learning by a teacher rather than mucking about with iNtuition leading the way.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    You have an ISFJ daughter, right?
    No, my two are xNTP and ENFx

I had a best friend who was an ISFJ but always had to "take a class" before she would do something complex. I always wondered what motivated such thinking, not that there's anything wrong with it; it's just so different from me, I didn't understand it.

The other thing though, which I think is a great advantage over my temperament, after she took a class in something, she wouldn't be afraid at all. She didn't worry about not being perfect. She was patient with herself when she made mistakes. It was quite confounding to my thinking - so opposite of me.

One time we took lessons together - in a new computer application - and I did see the advantage of learning by a teacher rather than mucking about with iNtuition leading the way.
    Ah. Well I'm with you on 'your way', except that I don't find any nice surprises if I take classes. I hate classes, and have responded pretty poorly to formal education for most of my life, both as a kid and as a mature student (mature being a matter of opinion, obviously!).

I find that a 'teach yourself' sorta guidebook works best for me. I can dip into it here and there, do things at my pace (invariably much quicker than a class pace), skip parts, change the order, all as I see fit.

I've an ISTJ close friend who always has to take classes. He wanted to learn Italian so he took a class. I said I wanted to learn Italian too, but refused to join him in the class. He sneered and said he'd do better than me and my haphazard learning method, as he put it.

Ha. In six months I was having conversations with natives about current affairs, while he was still ordering an ensuite room for two and asking for directions. Eat that, mofo!

Classes and structure just frustrate the hell outta me and cause me to lose all motivation; I always wind up quitting them with many hard feelings afoot.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen