User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Results 201 to 210 of 378

  1. #201

    Default

    I'M A TRAITOR

  2. #202
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warm8 View Post
    I'M A TRAITOR
    You mean, you've been an ISFP all along??
    *runs away in fear*
    Nah, I suppose you're okay in small doses

  3. #203
    Member Tea Party's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    IXFj
    Enneagram
    4 SO
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I'm an ISFJ. C:

  4. #204
    Junior Member coldbluewaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dansker
    I like ISFJs. Practical, responsible, quiet and loyal.
    This is more or less my problem. Apparently i'm an ISFJ/INFJ (but i actually identify more with ISFJ than INFJ, so probably more ISFJ) but that just screams boring to me. =/

    I think people like ISFJ's 'cause of that, but they're more a person to keep around (because they're loyal and will have your back, i suppose), not a person to be great friends with ('cause they're not "fun"), or they're someone who you settle down with once you're, say 30-35, and looking for marriage and someone you can count on. IDK. I don't like the idea of that, therefore i like to believe that i am not one, but.. a lot of the things that ISFJs stand for seem to ring true for me, too, and i get it on the quizzes, and such (the people who have/had a somewhat good idea of what/who i am seem(ed) to believe i am), so, i'm not really sure. A good friend of mine seems to think i am one, too. Would an ISFJ think like i'm thinking here?

    I spend a lot of time on the internet and forums, too, btw, and reading this thread (the first couple pages at least, so far) apparently ISFJs don't (?), so that's probably further reason to doubt that i'm one. Heh.

  5. #205
    Pronounced eye-ee-dee Eiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Reporting for duty
    Johari / Nohari

    Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

    Independent Director

  6. #206
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldbluewaves View Post
    This is more or less my problem. Apparently i'm an ISFJ/INFJ (but i actually identify more with ISFJ than INFJ, so probably more ISFJ) but that just screams boring to me. =/

    I think people like ISFJ's 'cause of that, but they're more a person to keep around (because they're loyal and will have your back, i suppose), not a person to be great friends with ('cause they're not "fun"), or they're someone who you settle down with once you're, say 30-35, and looking for marriage and someone you can count on. IDK. I don't like the idea of that, therefore i like to believe that i am not one, but.. a lot of the things that ISFJs stand for seem to ring true for me, too, and i get it on the quizzes, and such (the people who have/had a somewhat good idea of what/who i am seem(ed) to believe i am), so, i'm not really sure. A good friend of mine seems to think i am one, too. Would an ISFJ think like i'm thinking here?

    I spend a lot of time on the internet and forums, too, btw, and reading this thread (the first couple pages at least, so far) apparently ISFJs don't (?), so that's probably further reason to doubt that i'm one. Heh.
    I disagree with your theory .. i can understand why you think WE would be boring .. but if either of us organised a day out, i promise the other would have fun .. yeah we do make good friends and we are dependable, loyal (dont say it like it's a bad thing, to drop everything and see to a friend, be it just a shoulder to cry on .. we are there) .. I dont believe i am an ISFJ and retook the test and came out a ESFJ and i am still not happy.. it doesnt matter what initials i get .. all i know is i am a protector/guardian .. the minor details are not relevant .. You are right, we are not supposed to spend a lot of time on the internet and interacting .. just shows "they" might try and fit all of us into a box, but it just can't be done .. We each have different life experiences and thought/emotion processes that makes all slightly individual and unique ..

    Hope that helps ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  7. #207
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I disagree with your theory .. i can understand why you think WE would be boring .. but if either of us organised a day out, i promise the other would have fun .. yeah we do make good friends and we are dependable, loyal (dont say it like it's a bad thing, to drop everything and see to a friend, be it just a shoulder to cry on .. we are there) .. I dont believe i am an ISFJ and retook the test and came out a ESFJ and i am still not happy.. it doesnt matter what initials i get .. all i know is i am a protector/guardian .. the minor details are not relevant .. You are right, we are not supposed to spend a lot of time on the internet and interacting .. just shows "they" might try and fit all of us into a box, but it just can't be done .. We each have different life experiences and thought/emotion processes that makes all slightly individual and unique ..

    Hope that helps ..
    my ISFJ friend would plan an outing specifically with 'exciting' in mind if i, or another of her friends, mentioned needing one with that agenda.

    while usually she has a smile on her face and makes bad jokes (knowing they're bad and old, but that's what makes 'em funny), she can be boring when she's stressed. hoo boy. but, because she has so many other things going for her friend-wise, i stuck it out. because i stuck it out, i eventually figured out why and when she gets that way, and that makes a lot of difference in how i handle it.

    she gets very redundant, complains a lot, tics off lists of things she has done or needs to do more than once, comes to wrong conclusions based on very little (which is really hard for me not to argue about, but i keep it inside - unless it goes overboard and gets way too personal, which is rare), and stresses way too much about minutiae.

    now, while 99% of the time, that drives me insane as i can't stand when someone repeats themselves over and over, i've come to realize that this is just a calming mechanism for her, it makes her feel better. so, instead of getting annoyed, like i used to, and like i usually do with others, i look over it (since she's such a great friend otherwise), and 'ride it out'. usually, by thinking about something else when she gets in 'repeat' mode, so that it's not as painful.

    once she feels heard, and/or just gets these things off of her chest without being interrupted, she's right back to her old self.

    when compared to all the pluses she (and my other ISFJ friends who are very similar to her) brings to our friendship, those times that require my patience and biting my tongue are totally worth it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  8. #208
    Pronounced eye-ee-dee Eiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Yikes I can see parts of myself in this, repetition wise. I used to complain a lot about many things, but I try to see the benefits of an otherwise losing situation. Hey, I am learning from it, but I have noticed now instead of talking, I get physical symptoms instead, migraines or ibs. Luckily that is rarely, it used to be a few times a week. Guess it was that imaginary sense of control I was seeking, I'm learning to counteract it with things that go against my personality; quit expecting too much, be absent from work at least twice a year, eat something. hahaha

    But for having fun. I am totally game, skydiving, rollerblading, sports motorcycling, roller coasters, ok sometimes it has to be more like Need For Speed. All the more dangerous, all the more exciting. Boring not in the least unless we are in a bad mood, because the house is a mess all of the time.

    *Mr. Incredible: "No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

    *Quote from IMDB
    Johari / Nohari

    Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

    Independent Director

  9. #209
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Yikes I can see parts of myself in this, repetition wise. I used to complain a lot about many things, but I try to see the benefits of an otherwise losing situation. Hey, I am learning from it, but I have noticed now instead of talking, I get physical symptoms instead, migraines or ibs. Luckily that is rarely, it used to be a few times a week. Guess it was that imaginary sense of control I was seeking, I'm learning to counteract it with things that go against my personality; quit expecting too much, be absent from work at least twice a year, eat something. hahaha

    But for having fun. I am totally game, skydiving, rollerblading, sports motorcycling, roller coasters, ok sometimes it has to be more like Need For Speed. All the more dangerous, all the more exciting. Boring not in the least unless we are in a bad mood, because the house is a mess all of the time.

    *Mr. Incredible: "No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

    *Quote from IMDB
    Yes i do complain .. but that's only because i am pissed off that i am unable to fix the problem or situation, think i am a control freak .. lol .. or just an xSFJ .. i will have a conversation over in my head a million times when i am stressed or just worked up about something .. It helps me find meaning and understand .. It seems we can be the most annoying of people and yet the the most kindest and loyal .. Oh well, each to their own
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  10. #210
    Pronounced eye-ee-dee Eiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Oh so very true, no one needs to get it all out of their system like we do. I know I can go over all the misdeeds done during a situation and even though I know I am right (the ISFJ talking here) I still have to talk it all out. lol

    Even though I can let the situation pass and pretend everything is all right it's hard to totally let it go. I think I have an internal tally system going on, but there is a good thing about this all. It takes a lot and I mean a lot to push me over the edge.

    I think this is the real negative trait that can be seen. I don't know if it is the same for ESFj.

    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but Dave. We really are the most peaceful, loyal persons you can find and we are very low maintenance. A peace of string and some knitting needles can keep us entertained for hours. hahaha
    Johari / Nohari

    Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

    Independent Director

Similar Threads

  1. [E2] Where my 2w3s at?!
    By five sounds in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM
  2. [E8] Where my 8's at??!!
    By IheartFootball10 in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
  3. Where my nerds at?
    By Tiny Army in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
  4. [ISFJ] Help me understand and respect my ISFJ mate?
    By crandolph in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
  5. Where Are My Pentecostals At?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO