Haha, we are so common, yet so rare

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

ISFJ here, saying hi.

I'm on the internet half my life. Internet friends are the best -- you never have to help them move house. Ha. I love having conversations in writing so I can go back and study them. I love meeting new people and hearing new ideas without having to leave my house, at my own pace, when I feel like it. I can't stand arguing unless it's really to learn something rather than being a pissing contest. As far as figuring out technology -- I do prefer to RTM. It's faster. I can most certainly figure it out, because it's all very logical, but if someone's taken the trouble to write out instructions, I figure I can take the time to follow them at least the first time around.

Anyway. Hi. :-D

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    ISFJ here, saying hi.

I'm on the internet half my life. Internet friends are the best -- you never have to help them move house. Ha. I love having conversations in writing so I can go back and study them. I love meeting new people and hearing new ideas without having to leave my house, at my own pace, when I feel like it. I can't stand arguing unless it's really to learn something rather than being a pissing contest. As far as figuring out technology -- I do prefer to RTM. It's faster. I can most certainly figure it out, because it's all very logical, but if someone's taken the trouble to write out instructions, I figure I can take the time to follow them at least the first time around.

Anyway. Hi. :-D
    welcome
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Thanks!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Another ISFJ. Yay! Welcome Tiltyred!!!

MBTI
    LoLz

I can most certainly figure it out, because it's all very logical, but if someone's taken the trouble to write out instructions, I figure I can take the time to follow them at least the first time around.
    But, then what do you do when one of the manuals is bloated with things you don't care about and you spend a half hour sifting through it trying to find what you want. Oh wait, that happens when I jump into the activity, and then consult the manual when I get stuck. I've never liked manuals as straight up reading material. They're a reference to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    But, then what do you do when one of the manuals is bloated with things you don't care about and you spend a half hour sifting through it trying to find what you want. Oh wait, that happens when I jump into the activity, and then consult the manual when I get stuck. I've never liked manuals as straight up reading material. They're a reference to me.
    I look in the Table of Contents and find the page that what I want is listed on, and then I go to that page. If it's wordy, I skim.

But I think you're right -- they're reference material. I don't read them front to back, I look up what I want to know. But I usually look it up and follow the instructions, because for me it is a waste of time to mess around and try to figure it out myself. I can, but it takes longer, and it's not interesting to me to mess around with the equipment. I just want it to do what I want it to do.

MBTI
    LoLz

I need to increase my ISFJ locating skills. Where are you ISFJ's hiding!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I look in the Table of Contents and find the page that what I want is listed on, and then I go to that page. If it's wordy, I skim.

But I think you're right -- they're reference material. I don't read them front to back, I look up what I want to know. But I usually look it up and follow the instructions, because for me it is a waste of time to mess around and try to figure it out myself. I can, but it takes longer, and it's not interesting to me to mess around with the equipment. I just want it to do what I want it to do.
    I do this too.

Considering that they are the most common type, I think it's difficult to meet them still because they are quiet and unpretentious and like routine and predictability. So they spend most of their time at home, at work/school, and hanging out with a close circle of friends and/or family. However, they also have a bleeding heart and feel the tendency to want to "rescue or take care of the stray dog" so you might find them hanging out with irresponsible people from time to time.

MBTI
    ISTx

Seconded. I want to try my luck with the ISFJ's. Don't think I know any though.