User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 378

  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Do any ISFJ's here have ISFJ friends? I am yet to meet another one.

  2. #92
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehastin1 View Post
    Do any ISFJ's here have ISFJ friends? I am yet to meet another one.
    In person, yes just a couple. I get along great with them.

  3. #93
    Senior Member oasispaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    isfj
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post
    I'm an ISFJ too!

    First, MC2456 your apologetic attitude sounds a lot like mine. I'd also like to note with your point that ISFJs have a powerful motivation to learn something if it pleases or is useful to someone close to them. I became great with computers because my family used me as the tech support on nearly everything. Once I got rewarded for it a few times I learned a lot more about how to use technology.
    i got into computers because my brother was all into computers. i took 3 years of computer applications in high school and have built one or two in the last 10 years.

    Second, IMHO the reason that ISFJ's don't participate in these boards that often is also because they have no real motivation to do so. I have visited this board a couple of times, but this is the first time I have ever posted. Why did I decide to register and post? Simple, I thought I might be able to help you guys with any questions you might have about ISFJs. Otherwise, I'd have no motivation to do so. Random discussion about other types doesn't interest me all that much unless it relates to someone I know. (The self absorbed attitude there bothers me, but it is true.)
    i'm pretty much the same. i like reading about isfjs because i am one and intps because that's what my boyfriend is. i'm also trying to figure out what type my son is, although he may be too young to pin down for sure, he might be an sp.

    Third, the main reason that I became interested in the MBTI was to help with an identity crisis I had a few years back. My parents were really laid back with my career choice and all I wanted was someone to tell me what I should do. I frantically researched a lot about types that sounded close to me in a hope that the MBTI (authority) would tell me what to choose. Reasoning and intuition are [B]not[B] my strong point, and it took me nearly 7 years to figure out my type. I actually didn't start to realize it until I used my vast store of knowledge about the MBTI (Si at work) to note my preferences in day to day activities.

    Also, this latest burst in research has been in an effort to help understand my strengths and weaknesses to help at work. I've been using it to help understand the differences between my boss and I so that I can increase his satisfaction with my work (Fe.)
    hmm... i need to figure out how to make mbti work for me at work. i tried to get my boss to take an online test, but she hasn't yet.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

  4. #94
    Junior Member Corndog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hi Everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post! I just found out a few days ago that i am a ISFJ...before then i never heard of MBTI. After i took my test,it took me to other pages to tell me all about me lol...i was so shocked...i swear its my autobiography! Anywho,it said on there that only 9% - 14% of people in the USA have ISFJ...so...this may be the reason u don't see us all over the place...i believe there is not very many of us out there! Not sure about the rest of the world,since there was not anything said or listed about that.

    If ur wondering how i ended up here is because i am on the search...i never met another ISFJ that i am aware of...and i feel really alone in the world...but i know there has to be someone out there that thinks kinda like me or sees things kinda like i do...i can't be the only one!!!! Oh God,at least i hope i'm not the only one...cuz its getting a bit lonely in this world lol.

    Ok...so i better make a somewhat copy of this...or just copy and paste it to the intro part of this site...so peeps will know someone else joined the bandwagon!

    Oh...i'm female and 37 yrs old...incase anyone is taking statistics around here...but i'm sure there is a thread on that as well,...or a poll...lol

    Nice meeting u all!

    -Corndog-

  5. #95
    Junior Member NYmac86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post
    I'm an ISFJ too!

    First, MC2456 your apologetic attitude sounds a lot like mine. I'd also like to note with your point that ISFJs have a powerful motivation to learn something if it pleases or is useful to someone close to them. I became great with computers because my family used me as the tech support on nearly everything. Once I got rewarded for it a few times I learned a lot more about how to use technology.
    I second this big time. I must have built over 20 computers for people ever since I started 6 years ago. I'm no stranger to troubleshooting either and have a massive treasure of knowledge built since I first started tinkering around 10 years ago. It's a mistake to think I could ever be in an actual tech position as a job though since I always make the deal a personal thing and to become a professional with something I just regard ultimately as a tool could work but I would not be happy. Regardless my expertise does not delve much into anything beyond the surface with computers such as programming so I believe really any type can fall into using a message board, perhaps other ahem more mature ISFJ's might have no need to fall into such a thing.

  6. #96
    Senior Member oasispaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    isfj
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehastin1 View Post
    Do any ISFJ's here have ISFJ friends? I am yet to meet another one.
    i'm not sure, but my best friend for 23 years is an istj. close enough!
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

  7. #97
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    It'd be nice to have more SFs on the forum in general. We really don't see a lot of them. We're kind of picking up the slack in ISTJs, but we still are very low on ISFJs, ESFJs, and ESTJs.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  8. #98
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Hi again!!

    I hope more ISFJ's stick around here. I'm getting lonely!

  9. #99
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi. I'm an ISFJ male. I took the personality test two days ago and was not shocked to be cast as a "nurturer". I don't think its surprising that low numbers of ISFJs post on forums. I know that I can meticulously read through forums for hours, but I won't tend to post unless it is a key priority or an important enough subject, evoking strong emotion or thought. Possibly there are other ISFJs like myself with much time spent roving forums but little time spent posting.

    What I like about the ISFJ in me - allows me to be a good listener and on guard towards injustice, caring that people are treated fairly. I become personally bothered if I see someone else mistreated. I appreciate how I choose only a few people to share deep emotions with.

    What's not so hot about my ISFJ - I don't have thick skin. Actually, it ripped in grade school. I had to order a new one Tough little buggers, those kids are. A lack of assertiveness is bothersome.

    Overall, I'm thankful for my personality, but like any other type, I want to maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Overall, I'm thankful for my personality, but like any other type, I want to maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses.
    An excellent strategy. This is why I don't care about anything or anybody.

Similar Threads

  1. [E2] Where my 2w3s at?!
    By five sounds in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM
  2. [E8] Where my 8's at??!!
    By IheartFootball10 in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
  3. Where my nerds at?
    By Tiny Army in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
  4. [ISFJ] Help me understand and respect my ISFJ mate?
    By crandolph in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
  5. Where Are My Pentecostals At?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO