My sister is almost certainly an ESTJ and I want to know more about the type. Being an INFP and the opposite type, we have tended to clash a bit in the past but we are getting to a place where we get along better. She's not someone that is all that interested in MBTI so it would be nice to discuss the type here. And I find most of the descriptions a little unimaginative, saying little more than " very organized" and "a natural leader" in a variety of different ways.
If you are an ESTJ or know one well, tell me about yourself/them. What are some ESTJ traits beyond the obvious stuff? What would we be surprised to know about ESTJs? I'm looking for more positive stuff but the odd insightful flaw is welcome.
To start off, here is a little about my sister. She:
- is a natural leader ( ) and whatever situation she is in somehow she ends up in positions of authority
- is lively and sociable people person and a bit of a party girl
- has high expectations for herself and holds others up to the same standards.
- is extremely loyal but unfortunately people often fail to reciprocate this.
- is hard-working, responsible and reliable even when she doesn't want to be. She often gets unfairly used by others for this reason.
- has strong values and sticks to them resolutely. This can cause problems when she won't allow exceptions to the rule.
- thinks she is not good enough in some way, that she is not what she should be. This feeling particularly seems to arise when around our ESFJ cousin.
- is very laid back and easy-going in general but if someone crosses her they experience the full force of her wrath.
- is very assertive and not afraid of verbal confrontation.
- has a great sense of humour and has a rather silly streak.
- is a mix of toughness and soft femininity.
- practically every guy that knows her is at least a little bit in love with her.
- not easily tempted to getting into relationships. When she does she is a really excellent, understanding and fun girlfriend.
- likes to makes sure the people she cares about are taken care of.
Anyone identify with these qualities?