User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

I remember one clear SJ in my high school who pretty much ran the school. He was very mature for his age, wore a shirt and dress slacks every day even though we had no dress code, and was president of the honor society. He was chummy with the principal and the higher-ups and patrolled the hallways putting the underclassmen in line. He hated any kind of disruption or tomfoolery. Wasn't a particularly fun guy.
    Ha, this is such a stereotype but it was true. He was an extreme ESTJ, though.

I hated being an SJ teen because I was so much more serious than everyone else, and I couldn't stand the SP fun. I'd be the first one to tell on someone cheating during a test. I was a goody-goody.
    SPs think you're a bore, and the NTs and NFs only tolerate you because you work well (SJ band leader/newspaper editor/art club secretary etc). I was very focused on doing well in school and getting good grades. Of course, I didn't fit in.

Don't SP's pretty much dominate high school social scenes? I'm sure they're responsible for lots of high school misery. They drive fashion trends and what's cool to wear, what kind of stuff you should have in your locker.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    I remember one clear SJ in my high school who pretty much ran the school. He was very mature for his age, wore a shirt and dress slacks every day even though we had no dress code, and was president of the honor society. He was chummy with the principal and the higher-ups and patrolled the hallways putting the underclassmen in line. He hated any kind of disruption or tomfoolery. Wasn't a particularly fun guy.
    Ha, this is such a stereotype but it was true. He was an extreme ESTJ, though.

I hated being an SJ teen because I was so much more serious than everyone else, and I couldn't stand the SP fun. I'd be the first one to tell on someone cheating during a test. I was a goody-goody.
    SPs think you're a bore, and the NTs and NFs only tolerate you because you work well (SJ band leader/newspaper editor/art club secretary etc). I was very focused on doing well in school and getting good grades. Of course, I didn't fit in. I seemed much more mature than everyone else.

Don't SP's pretty much dominate high school social scenes? I'm sure they're responsible for lots of high school misery. They drive fashion trends and what's cool to wear, what kind of stuff you should have in your locker.
    I went to a private, all-boys prep school for high school, so we were less prone to this sort of social stratification, but I was considered very weird in high school. Of course, I cultivated this persona to an extent, since I intensely disliked most of my schoolmates. The flamboyant, outrageous side of my ESFJ was pretty dominant then. I am fairly sure a lot of the homophobes there thought I was gay, and the more uptight people probably hated my big mouth.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
    Why is that?
    That's just my experience. Nvm.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    Oh, I think it's more like extroverts dominate the social scene. There's plenty of ES_J's in there. They're the ones who actually care about the social status. The ES_P's are just trying to get drunk/stoned/laid/thrown out of a moving vehicle as many times as possible.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    The ES_P's are just trying to get drunk/stoned/laid/thrown out of a moving vehicle as many times as possible.
    This is quite literally true in all respects for a friend of mine.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    This is quite literally true in all respects for a friend of mine.
    OH MAN!!!!!!!!!! Definitely not a "scene" for me. Unless I can sit down and laugh my ass off at all of those crazy people!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I think the SJ crowd is more prone to join student government, NHS... pretty much any student organization with leadership positions involved. I would have been like that, were it not for my unpopularity. (of course, that didn't keep me from running for things... I would have felt bad if I didn't. But no one ever voted for me.) I hung out with the N(erd) crowd, and felt pretty much the exact same way that dnivera did. (you are my kin! bonding moment!)
    Last edited by EJCC; 09-06-2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: misspelling

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i think there must be a lot of SJ teens around, you just don't realize they're SJ's. these guys follow norms right? well at a young age, you're probably still trying to establish what a norm is. i had a crush on an ISTJ, so obviously i met one . she's your hard working type, studies 6 hours a day, training to be an accountant. how typical is that?