User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

To be honest, I find myself typing all the people in my high school as ESxP more or less. Se is such a dominant trait in adolescence that the others seem trivial in comparison. Occasionally I'll come up with a few N's, NO SJ's, and a very small minority of introverts (mostly in the Asian population).

Now there's a whole new (and possibly somewhat controversial) topic. Race and I/E. I'll leave it to a different thread. This post derails enough as it is.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    INFJ

Default I know some

Quote Originally Posted by MC2456 View Post
    I'm an ISFJ and a fifteen-year-old (and probably the youngest member here!).
    No, you're not! I'm 14.

Oh, I know some SJs my age. Not an awful lot but, let me think. Oh, I know an ISTJ, an ESTX (possibly J), an ESFJ, and an ESTJ. And those are all from my school (which is ridiculously small, by the way)!

MBTI
    JIxT

I can be ISTJ sometimes.

Turns out somewhat unpleasant. I end up the most serious kid in all my classes. I am one of the few that care about grades. People talk to me as a last resort, which sucks. There are a few that spend time with me because of my interests, but not many.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    I can be ISTJ sometimes.

Turns out somewhat unpleasant. I end up the most serious kid in all my classes. I am one of the few that care about grades. People talk to me as a last resort, which sucks. There are a few that spend time with me because of my interests, but not many.

Geez...you just described my life now even past school. I think I'm just too intensely serious for a lot of people and it turns them off, I've never really grown out of that.

My experience as an ISTJ teen? Basically a running series of social disappointments (losing what friends I used to have from when I was younger, never invited to any parties or on dates). A few of the people that did talk to me outside of classes were generally asking for homework help or talking about the extracurricular orchestra we were both part of. Even though I was never the best in grades I was usually close to the top and was somewhat competitive (though not overtly so). I think a few of the people I generally associated with in my honors courses might have been SJs as well, maybe even ISxJ, but I'm not certain as I'm not too good at reading other people in that way.

MBTI
    JIxT

ISxJ teens really get beat up. Possibly the worst type to be as a teen. Personality at the teen age solidifys so we recieve the burden of the "maturity" and seriousness. In contrast ENFx teens thrive until adulthood where they get deemed as "immature" and childish.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INTP

I'd be certain ISJs have it quite easy; they are over 20% of the population, and social success is all about compatibility and mutual understanding, especially at that age. ISTJs maybe though because TJ is directly adverse to the general trend of FP in adolescence, but a good portion compromise their integrity to fit in. In general, introverts have a harder time than extraverts though, regardless of the other three letters. Even among the introverts, I think the rarer types have a harder time in school socially, particularly Ns. It's all about distance from the SF norm, really.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedbless View Post
    I'm around a lot of Introverts, and tons of NFs...
    Where do you live?
    INFJ, Counselor, IEI, 4w5

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm 19 currently.
    I knew A LOT of SJ's in my school- anything with people acting like SP's is more due to conformity than anything else. They are tired and true SJ's all the way!

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    ISxJ teens really get beat up. Possibly the worst type to be as a teen. Personality at the teen age solidifys so we recieve the burden of the "maturity" and seriousness. In contrast ENFx teens thrive until adulthood where they get deemed as "immature" and childish.
    I think INXJ teens have it the worst since ISXJs are normal and INXJs are not. The XNXP's often do well socially (at least I did) because of a common love for partying and reckless behavior.
    I know of more partying INXPs than partying INXJs.. simply because it can be fun and P's are all about fun!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I think INXJ teens have it the worst since ISXJs are normal and INXJs are not. The XNXP's often do well socially (at least I did) because of a common love for partying and reckless behavior.
    I know of more partying INXPs than partying INXJs.. simply because it can be fun and P's are all about fun!
    INxJs teens are usually too oblivious to notice that they have it bad. They're all burdened with the full-time job of following dominant Ni.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge