User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 71

  1. #51
    L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    I am serious.

    Still, I realized that (and hand you a skin soothing lotion for the whip marks)

    But, after reading the exchange between you and Raz, and then between you and I, seemed like you just didn´t understand a thing of what we have posted. There is a (very) thin line between joking about something and being stubborn, which you crossed, in my opinion.

    Messing with an SJ is not a good idea (and I don´t want to sound like a Mafia boss). Our no-nonsense mindset leads to this kind of situations, in which I find myself at work or University projects quite often.

    "An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo



    LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

  2. #52
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    I am serious.

    Still, I realized that (and hand a skin soothing lotion for the whip marks)

    But the exchange between you and Raz, and then between you and I, seemed like you just didn´t understand a thing of what we have posted. There is a (very) thin line between joking about something and being stubborn, which you crossed, in my opinion.

    Messing with an SJ is not a good idea (and I don´t want to sound like a Mafia boss). Our no-nonsense mindset leads to this kind of situations, in which I find myself at work or University projects quite often.
    Looking at your sig...you think that sorrow is the source of humor?

    No wonder you can't take a joke.

    I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Not trying to get whacked here, Consigliere. I can practically see you shaking your finger at me. lol
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  3. #53
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Looking at your sig...you think that sorrow is the source of humor?

    No wonder you can't take a joke.

    I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Not trying to get whacked here, Consigliere. I can practically see you shaking your finger at me. lol
    There are different kinds of jokes. I just get sick of the people that misunderstand an SJ's intentions. I'm not the kind of ISTJ that is to do lists and calculating every cent in their budget. I'm like halfway between the management style of an ESTJ and the attention to detail of an ISTJ.

    That's why if I ever have the need for excessive organization in my life, I'll probably hire an ISxJ secretary. I just don't have the patience to keep up with the tinier mundane things of life that are important. A lot of the secretarial type everyday things I need done, I shove it on my ESFJ sister.

    My life experience has just taught me when ISTJ impulses when I'm with other people are just ineffective. The need to demand something from someone without thinking about their reaction, correcting something without looking at the bigger picture, berating someone without taking into consideration their limitations and feelings.

    Each ISTJ is just different.


  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    It's like at work becoming obsessed with keeping my department fully stocked and organized on a daily basis. I want to maximize sales by making sure I don't miss out on something that was in a stock room. To me, I think of the phrase, "Have you made sure you dotted all of your i's and crossed all your t's?" It's about completion.

    To me, acting like a P is acting irresponsible and ignorant. I'm not trying to insult them. I just won't allow myself to act that way because it's more like I've set standards on myself as I grew up on standards of competence. Not completing something, leaving an unfinished project, lacking discipline, not following instructions, are things that I view as making me look incompetent and unreliable. It's just the way I've used of measuring my worth as a person.
    The issues where P types slack is discipline. Finishing things is a way to externally measure competence as well as taking a test. The other way to show competence is to prove yourself when you need to. Most Ps I know are extremely competent, we are disciplined, but honestly I could careless what my worth is in the areas that Js care about. Honestly I know my worth in life everyone else knows my worth, I am 100% confident in it, and I dont need to measure it. Its what allows me to be P. I have never doubted my worth as a person.

    You say "acting" like a P is irresponsible and ignorant. At times I will be extra P around J types just because of the impression it gives them that I am incompetent. But its funny that I actually impress people because of my competence and knowledge despite the fact that I am a P. Its one of the ways I play with people, its one of my P traits
    Im out, its been fun

  5. #55
    L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Looking at your sig...you think that sorrow is the source of humor?

    No wonder you can't take a joke.

    I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Not trying to get whacked here, Consigliere. I can practically see you shaking your finger at me. lol
    I do, because my sense of humour has that source. And it is not for all audiences. From what I´m reading here, you don´t belong to it. I was kidding with you as well on this thread. But, having to explain a joke is one of the worst possible things to do. So, I leave it up to you to figure it out.

    I just whack those who think that ISTJs are walking computers.

    "An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo



    LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    I do, because my sense of humour has that source. And it is not for all audiences. From what I´m reading here, you don´t belong to it. I was kidding with you as well on this thread. But, having to explain a joke is one of the worst possible things to do. So, I leave it up to you to figure it out.

    I just whack those who think that ISTJs are walking computers.
    Hopefully you werent programmed by a P or you would be a unfinished product
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #57
    L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Hopefully you werent programmed by a P or you would be a unfinished product
    My father is an INTJ, so don´t worry.

    "An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo



    LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

  8. #58
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    The issues where P types slack is discipline. Finishing things is a way to externally measure competence as well as taking a test. The other way to show competence is to prove yourself when you need to. Most Ps I know are extremely competent, we are disciplined, but honestly I could careless what my worth is in the areas that Js care about. Honestly I know my worth in life everyone else knows my worth, I am 100% confident in it, and I dont need to measure it. Its what allows me to be P. I have never doubted my worth as a person.

    You say "acting" like a P is irresponsible and ignorant. At times I will be extra P around J types just because of the impression it gives them that I am incompetent. But its funny that I actually impress people because of my competence and knowledge despite the fact that I am a P. Its one of the ways I play with people, its one of my P traits
    I never said P's were ineffective. The quote above is just how I view myself and how I've taught myself to continually grow. It's your natural impulses that show you your way of growing. The problem with each type comes when you're working together and one side doesn't understand the other or both don't understand each other and it comes out as conflict.

    Everything I said above is how *I* measure myself, and what I use as guidelines to help myself. The words I choose can be used in different ways for other situations, but I run my world by logic and discipline, finding out which aspects of rational intellect matter to me the most, resulting in having an interest in organization, direction, and guidelines when I see necessary.

    However, that is not my entire life. I still go with the flow at times and have interests in other possibilities, which are mostly governed by my planning. When I can't effectively plan something, I recognize when to go with the flow, and when I'm deciding on things, I often have that "Ne hunch" that there's something else around the corner that I should take into consideration. I don't view it as rigidity or uptightness. I view it as effective management. It's more lessons I've learned as I grew up that there are times when you just have to wait and you can't plan and there are times when you have to force yourself to adapt because it's just necessary.


  9. #59
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    To me, acting like a P is acting irresponsible and ignorant. I'm not trying to insult them. I just won't allow myself to act that way because it's more like I've set standards on myself as I grew up on standards of competence. Not completing something, leaving an unfinished project, lacking discipline, not following instructions, are things that I view as making me look incompetent and unreliable. It's just the way I've used of measuring my worth as a person.
    I'm not sure if how much you were kidding in this - but I can actually see this attitude not explicitly expressed by some J's, like my INTJ dad. Glad you at least articulated it. (Actually, he articulates it too, just in specific cases not on general principle)

    I think the other attitude I see is more like..

    :shaking your proverbial head and feeling sorry for those other jokers:
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  10. #60
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    ^I actually agree with raz. I wish I didn't feel like that, but I tend to feel like there's a right way and a wrong way, and the right way involves organization and being on time! It's all about priorities, I suppose. Everybody has their own method of going about things. I'd just rather that people's methods don't get in the way of productivity, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    No wonder you can't take a joke.
    One thing I love about TypeC is how it shows me that I'm not alone in having many little quirks. This thread is no exception.

    I don't take being teased very well, usually. I tend to instinctively react to it like it's an insult, because teasing is based on negative fact and I'm not very good at laughing at my flaws, because I'd rather not have any flaws worth making fun of. I think DC was reacting the same way to your teasing. (Don't get me wrong - I got the humor. It was funny. But I only recognized the humor because since I learned about MBTI, I've gotten good at laughing at my type's flaws.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] How come you guys are so freaking sexy?
    By Numbly Aware in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-30-2016, 07:38 PM
  2. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM
  3. [SJ] SJs, what do you love doing, talking about, and thinking about?
    By Spin in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 06:58 AM
  5. [INFJ] Why Do INFJs think ENTPs are SO Adorable? And Want to Eat Them?
    By Winds of Thor in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO