• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] You SJs are so organized and DISCIPLINED. What's your secret??

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I used to be intensely organizer focused and laid out everyday. Now I just can't get myself to do it. But, I've just made lists of things to do in my head. I've started to write notes in my phone to jot things down to clear my head, but that's it. I create plans to ensure order and because I enjoy the feeling of completion. Like, today, I have a list of 4-5 things I want/have to do. Some is fun stuff, some are errands. I just know that those are things I must do today to have the day feel productive and fun. I view fun as being productive at times.

I take jokes fine and laugh at my flaws. Some jokes just suck.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[YOUTUBE=lOfZLb33uCg]jdksfjsdafpdasjfds[/YOUTUBE]

Without SJs, we'd have no butter. :cry:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^I actually agree with raz. I wish I didn't feel like that, but I tend to feel like there's a right way and a wrong way, and the right way involves organization and being on time! :laugh: It's all about priorities, I suppose. Everybody has their own method of going about things. I'd just rather that people's methods don't get in the way of productivity, etc.

One thing I love about TypeC is how it shows me that I'm not alone in having many little quirks. This thread is no exception.

I don't take being teased very well, usually. I tend to instinctively react to it like it's an insult, because teasing is based on negative fact and I'm not very good at laughing at my flaws, because I'd rather not have any flaws worth making fun of. I think DC was reacting the same way to your teasing. (Don't get me wrong - I got the humor. It was funny. But I only recognized the humor because since I learned about MBTI, I've gotten good at laughing at my type's flaws.)

Hahaha I tease EVERYBODY. The only type off the hook is NONE. Even myself, because I know I've got more flaws than pores. You could create a PETTING ZOO out of the dustbunnies under my bed...

Come to think of it...I'm sure there are weirdos out there that would PAY to see that kind of thing... :shock:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
[youtube="lOfZLb33uCg"]jdksfjsdafpdasjfds[/youtube]

Without SJs, we'd have no butter. :cry:

A local boy kicked me in the butt last week. I just smiled at him and turned the other cheek. I really don't care, in fact I wish him well, because I'll be laughing my head off when he's burning in hell.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A local boy kicked me in the butt last week. I just smiled at him and turned the other cheek. I really don't care, in fact I wish him well, because I'll be laughing my head off when he's burning in hell.

:rofl1: That's the part that reminds me of you guys. :devil:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:doh: oh no! that line reminds me of every time someone does something obnoxious to my ISTJ and I have a desire to punch them and he tells me "just relax and be patient... something terrible will happen to them down the line" :rofl1:

I'm not that patient... I want to BE the "something terrible"

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
:doh: oh no! that line reminds me of every time someone does something obnoxious to my ISTJ and I have a desire to punch them and he tells me "just relax and be patient... something terrible will happen to them down the line" :rofl1:

I'm not that patient... I want to BE the "something terrible"

I´m the same. And it has proven true after seeing how those who bullied me during my highschool days are failing miserably at life now.

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just see organization as the most efficient way to reach my goals. It helps me stay on track and directed. I just maintain a level of structure to keep things flowing.

I like to organize and structure when I know that I'm going to see a direct impact from it.

A lot of it comes from a desire for control. That's Te again. If something is messy, I reorganize it to regain control of the situation, not just for the sake of organization or to make it look pretty. A desire to plan comes from a need for stability, predictability and productivity.

I'm not completely organized or rigid. Like I've tried reiterating, I don't organize out of a "I think my life must be planned!" desire. I organize it because I just personally desire a directed path to my goals. It may sound the same, but it's really not.

This is the impression I got from your words. It seems actively setting goals and finding efficient ways to reach them is very satisfying and important to you. They may be personal goals or goals for whatever team you're involved with, family, work, friends or community. You want things accomplished, and you know what to do to make it happen.

Sounds like you've got an idea of how you'd like things in life to go, and you'd like to know what to expect along the way and avoid things that will frustrate your plans. Am I understanding you correctly?

I used to think that being an SJ meant having to-do lists, keeping a spotless house, looking over your shoulder at the clock, and planning every aspect of your life, from the mundane to the profound, to be predictable and ordinary. But I see it means getting things DONE and not letting things spiral out of control. I'm sure there are varying degrees of rigidness, like varying degrees of extroversion in extroverts, or degrees of emotionality in feeling types. But I think I get what the deal is now.

I respect people like you because you can do everything I suck at. :)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
This is the impression I got from your words. It seems actively setting goals and finding efficient ways to reach them is very satisfying and important to you. They may be personal goals or goals for whatever team you're involved with, family, work, friends or community. You want things accomplished, and you know what to do to make it happen.

Sounds like you've got an idea of how you'd like things in life to go, and you'd like to know what to expect along the way and avoid things that will frustrate your plans. Am I understanding you correctly?

I used to think that being an SJ meant having to-do lists, keeping a spotless house, looking over your shoulder at the clock, and planning every aspect of your life, from the mundane to the profound, to be predictable and ordinary. But I see it means getting things DONE and not letting things spiral out of control. I'm sure there are varying degrees of rigidness, like varying degrees of extroversion in extroverts, or degrees of emotionality in feeling types. But I think I get what the deal is now.

I respect people like you because you can do everything I suck at. :)

For me, it's all about control and direction. The TJs are going to have much different reasoning for their organization from their FJ counterparts. It's mostly because I prefer to separate human relations from my life's structure. It comes back to Fi, that we look inside for answers in dealing with people rather than outside to external social structures.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm organized- though it may not be apparent to everyone. I can account for those things that are most important. Organized doesn't necessarily mean a clean room, desk, or everything filed away. It may mean that you know that everything is fine and there's no bombs waiting to explode. That's my organized.

I'm beginning to realize that my current job is not my love. I don't enjoy the level of detail and organizing they ask around here. They pay more attention to that than the actual work that goes into it. Not my kind of place. Still know that I'm an ISTJ, just not as XSTJ as some of these people here. Nor do I want to be.

I want to analyze and use more creativity.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm what you call anal retentive.... I've got my calendar on my desk at work, on my Outlook, on my iPhone, and another one at home. And yes, they all line up with each other. I am almost always the first one in my family/friends to remember birthdays, upcoming holidays, anniversaries, and other important dates.

So I remember dates like it's my job..... However, ask me where I left a pair of shoes or a set of keys and I couldn't tell you.:unsure: