User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    Ah, ISTJ's and their duty to fix things. It always puzzles me, it's like, who cares? The banality of day-to-day, dutiful life must be mind numbing for ISTJs. It makes me thing of the movie Stranger than Fiction with Will Ferrell, where he's an auditor and he imagines the files he's filing as an endless ocean. Uh . . . it makes me shudder. I'm not hating on ISTJs, I just don't understand it. Why put yourself through that?
    If ISTJs are like ESTJs in this regard, then they enjoy it because
    1. They like having a list of things to complete and being able to check everything off that list by the end of the day/week, and
    2. They see things that need to be done, and they do them, recognizing that the little things are often what matter most, because they are so essential to the machine running smoothly.

For every xNTP making a grand scheme, there's a couple more xSTJs who make sure that the grand scheme is enacted, by doing the work that everyone else might consider banal.

C'est la vie!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    1. They like having a list of things to complete and being able to check everything off that list by the end of the day/week, and
    2. They see things that need to be done, and they do them, recognizing that the little things are often what matter most, because they are so essential to the machine running smoothly.

For every xNTP making a grand scheme, there's a couple more xSTJs who make sure that the grand scheme is enacted, by doing the work that everyone else might consider banal.

C'est la vie!
    Ok, FINE. I'll just go STJ SHOPPING. :steam:

*whistle* Hmm...that ESTJ over there looks pretty well-made. But they're too loud in the morning. Oooh, yay, an ISTJ on sale!! I think I'll even toss two of 'em in my basket.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post

*whistle* Hmm...that ESTJ over there looks pretty well-made. But they're too loud in the morning. Oooh, yay, an ISTJ on sale!! I think I'll even toss two of 'em in my basket.

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post

Thanks for your purchase. Here´s the User Manual. Read it carefully.

I couldn´t see who did you toss me with because of the package.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    LoLz

C'est la vie!
    I like it for a few reasons:

1) I like maximizing efficiency and focus on a project I care about to see the end result happen quicker.

2) Setting a course of things to do on a to do list to maximize time efficiency just makes me feel good seeing how efficient I can be. It's an ego boost.

3) I like knowing that I was more disciplined than the next person.

4) I like making something look perfectly neat if I can see a direct and tangible gain from it. Cleaning my room? I see nothing that I personally give a shit about to do it, and I don't care if it looks pretty to others, so I let stuff lie around.

It's like at work becoming obsessed with keeping my department fully stocked and organized on a daily basis. I want to maximize sales by making sure I don't miss out on something that was in a stock room. To me, I think of the phrase, "Have you made sure you dotted all of your i's and crossed all your t's?" It's about completion.

To me, acting like a P is acting irresponsible and ignorant. I'm not trying to insult them. I just won't allow myself to act that way because it's more like I've set standards on myself as I grew up on standards of competence. Not completing something, leaving an unfinished project, lacking discipline, not following instructions, are things that I view as making me look incompetent and unreliable. It's just the way I've used of measuring my worth as a person.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

^ I agree. But, unlike Raz, I work with people, and it´s often hard to make them understand that my stern discipline towrads them is what gives me the best end result.

Every time they send me a team to work at a congress or meeting, I get mean looks when I make them take out facial piercings, correct their posture, not use local jargon when the guests are from foreign countries, shave, change hairtsyles, wear makeup, clean shoes, stop chewing bubblegum, forbid alcohol consuption when it can be easily accessed, among other details.

We work in representation of our Country, so I make that every man and women there looks and behaves their best to make an impression. But again, going to bed knowing that a job is well done is what I always strive for. When the team gets praise at the end of the day, everyone changes their mind aobut me. After everybody leaves the place, they get their reward drink and (sometimes) some food, just because I ask for that in advance.

Victor Hugo

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    To me, acting like a P is acting irresponsible and ignorant. I'm not trying to insult them. I just won't allow myself to act that way because it's more like I've set standards on myself as I grew up on standards of competence. Not completing something, leaving an unfinished project, lacking discipline, not following instructions, are things that I view as making me look incompetent and unreliable. It's just the way I've used of measuring my worth as a person.
    I'm not going to help you when an unexpected situation foils your plans. Now you're listing only the bad parts of perceiving. P doesn't work for you but it might work for someone else - someone who is a P.
    For once and all:
    J: organized - rigid
    P: chaotic - flexible.
    You can't be organized and flexible at the same time.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post

You can't be organized and flexible at the same time.

I am not 100% sure this is the truth. (for some reason)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am not 100% sure this is the truth. (for some reason)
    Neither am I. You need organization (the path I always take) to get things done, and flexibility to sort out any unpredictable situation that could change the course of your plans.

Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    Neither am I. You need organization (the path I always take) to get things done, and flexibility to sort out any unpredictable situation that could change the course of your plans.
    As another hardcore J I must agree.