• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] You SJs are so organized and DISCIPLINED. What's your secret??

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The secret to the SJ's organized and disciplined?
Well, that's simple to answer. S and especially J.
Downside is the problem with adaptation to new, unexpected situations. That's why they prepare even better, to minimize the chance of encountering an unexpected situation.
The J reaction to an unexpected situation in which they failed: next time I'll prepare for this too!
The P reaction to an unexpected situation in which they failed: why lose time on preparation, the situation will change anyway!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know one like this, who tells himself to 'just do it', and it works... I tried, and it wont work. :doh:
Haha I tried this too. It worked the first few times, and then I was like 'fuck it, I'll do it whenever'. We can't fight it :boohoo:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
a lot of it is just getting off to organization and bringing order to things.. like just now at work we had pizza delivered, like 15 pizzas, and people couldn't find some of the kinds they wanted. so i just took it upon myself to go through the entire stacks to find each topping for them. it was just too much chaos and felt like i had a duty to fix it.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
a lot of it is just getting off to organization and bringing order to things.. like just now at work we had pizza delivered, like 15 pizzas, and people couldn't find some of the kinds they wanted. so i just took it upon myself to go through the entire stacks to find each topping for them. it was just too much chaos and felt like i had a duty to fix it.

Hah. THAT is the difference between you and me. I would have just taken a slice out of the first box I saw. (So long as it's kosher)

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP

Ah, ISTJ's and their duty to fix things. It always puzzles me, it's like, who cares? The banality of day-to-day, dutiful life must be mind numbing for ISTJs. It makes me thing of the movie Stranger than Fiction with Will Ferrell, where he's an auditor and he imagines the files he's filing as an endless ocean. Uh . . . it makes me shudder. I'm not hating on ISTJs, I just don't understand it. Why put yourself through that?

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hah. THAT is the difference between you and me. I would have just taken a slice out of the first box I saw. (So long as it's kosher)

How does it feel to have the same personality type as Eminem and The Joker from The Dark Knight?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
How does it feel to have the same personality type as Eminem and The Joker from The Dark Knight?

Uhh, Eminem has always been an INTJ To me and Joker an ENTP. I prefer not to derail this into a typing thread, but, yeah.

Part of the whole pizza thing was I took the first pepperoni slice, saw the other types of toppings on the second pizza, then wondered if the 10 pizzas below might be other kinds, so I started sneaking peaks into them. Then other coworkers wanted cheese and stuff, and were like, "I DONT SEE CHEESE ON THE TOP, ITS APPARENTLY NOT THERE." I was like, WTF! DO YOU NOT SEE THE TEN PIZZAS ON THE BOTTOM!"

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
Uhh, Eminem has always been an INTJ To me

Sorry, no way he's INTJ. He can't keep his mouth shut, he'll pop off to anybody (extraverted) about anything (perceiving). Also, he totally fits the ENTP archetype and not at all the INTJ.

And I wasn't trying to change the thread topic. I just meant it as a segue. If you want it to stay on topic, why didn't you reply to my pertinent post in which I quoted you?

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
While i don't always organize or see the task of organizing as of greatest importance. Principally as far as i am concerned, organizing chores, duties, objectives and task's allow me to conveniently deal with them without having to put more or less effort then needed.

I don't enjoy disorder in my approach since it will only serve to undermine mechanics of things.
Just as an example for this argument: It would be better if i carefully placed my T-shirts, in a neatly stacked row, with the order being based on, age, color, as opposed to just leaving them screwed up in the drawer, it saves me the time and the effort to pick up the specific one i want for occasion or whatever. I'd rather take the time to do it once, rather then sift through the drawer not knowing where i put this and that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, ISTJ's and their duty to fix things. It always puzzles me, it's like, who cares? The banality of day-to-day, dutiful life must be mind numbing for ISTJs. It makes me thing of the movie Stranger than Fiction with Will Ferrell, where he's an auditor and he imagines the files he's filing as an endless ocean. Uh . . . it makes me shudder. I'm not hating on ISTJs, I just don't understand it. Why put yourself through that?
If ISTJs are like ESTJs in this regard, then they enjoy it because
1. They like having a list of things to complete and being able to check everything off that list by the end of the day/week, and
2. They see things that need to be done, and they do them, recognizing that the little things are often what matter most, because they are so essential to the machine running smoothly.

For every xNTP making a grand scheme, there's a couple more xSTJs who make sure that the grand scheme is enacted, by doing the work that everyone else might consider banal.

:D C'est la vie!

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. They like having a list of things to complete and being able to check everything off that list by the end of the day/week, and
2. They see things that need to be done, and they do them, recognizing that the little things are often what matter most, because they are so essential to the machine running smoothly.

For every xNTP making a grand scheme, there's a couple more xSTJs who make sure that the grand scheme is enacted, by doing the work that everyone else might consider banal.

Ok, FINE. I'll just go STJ SHOPPING. :steam:

*whistle* Hmm...that ESTJ over there looks pretty well-made. But they're too loud in the morning. Oooh, yay, an ISTJ on sale!! I think I'll even toss two of 'em in my basket.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

*whistle* Hmm...that ESTJ over there looks pretty well-made. But they're too loud in the morning. Oooh, yay, an ISTJ on sale!! I think I'll even toss two of 'em in my basket.

:happy2:

:laugh:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

:D

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

:) Thanks for your purchase. Here´s the User Manual. Read it carefully.

I couldn´t see who did you toss me with because of the package.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

I like it for a few reasons:

1) I like maximizing efficiency and focus on a project I care about to see the end result happen quicker.

2) Setting a course of things to do on a to do list to maximize time efficiency just makes me feel good seeing how efficient I can be. It's an ego boost.

3) I like knowing that I was more disciplined than the next person.

4) I like making something look perfectly neat if I can see a direct and tangible gain from it. Cleaning my room? I see nothing that I personally give a shit about to do it, and I don't care if it looks pretty to others, so I let stuff lie around.

It's like at work becoming obsessed with keeping my department fully stocked and organized on a daily basis. I want to maximize sales by making sure I don't miss out on something that was in a stock room. To me, I think of the phrase, "Have you made sure you dotted all of your i's and crossed all your t's?" It's about completion.

To me, acting like a P is acting irresponsible and ignorant. I'm not trying to insult them. I just won't allow myself to act that way because it's more like I've set standards on myself as I grew up on standards of competence. Not completing something, leaving an unfinished project, lacking discipline, not following instructions, are things that I view as making me look incompetent and unreliable. It's just the way I've used of measuring my worth as a person.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
^ I agree. But, unlike Raz, I work with people, and it´s often hard to make them understand that my stern discipline towrads them is what gives me the best end result.

Every time they send me a team to work at a congress or meeting, I get mean looks when I make them take out facial piercings, correct their posture, not use local jargon when the guests are from foreign countries, shave, change hairtsyles, wear makeup, clean shoes, stop chewing bubblegum, forbid alcohol consuption when it can be easily accessed, among other details.

We work in representation of our Country, so I make that every man and women there looks and behaves their best to make an impression. But again, going to bed knowing that a job is well done is what I always strive for. When the team gets praise at the end of the day, everyone changes their mind aobut me. After everybody leaves the place, they get their reward drink and (sometimes) some food, just because I ask for that in advance.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
:rofl1: :D :wubbie:

To me, acting like a P is acting irresponsible and ignorant. I'm not trying to insult them. I just won't allow myself to act that way because it's more like I've set standards on myself as I grew up on standards of competence. Not completing something, leaving an unfinished project, lacking discipline, not following instructions, are things that I view as making me look incompetent and unreliable. It's just the way I've used of measuring my worth as a person.
I'm not going to help you when an unexpected situation foils your plans. Now you're listing only the bad parts of perceiving. P doesn't work for you but it might work for someone else - someone who is a P.
For once and all:
J: organized - rigid
P: chaotic - flexible.
You can't be organized and flexible at the same time.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I am not 100% sure this is the truth. (for some reason)

Neither am I. You need organization (the path I always take) to get things done, and flexibility to sort out any unpredictable situation that could change the course of your plans.