User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

I just see organization as the most efficient way to reach my goals. It helps me stay on track and directed. Though I don't really see myself as intensely organized as some people. I just don't have the patience or energy to be one of those OCD organized people. I just maintain a level of structure to keep things flowing, but within my own personal limitations and desires.

I like to organize and structure when I know that I'm going to see a direct impact from it. I got obsessed with reorganizing and restocking things at my job because I knew that I'd see differences in sales from the difference I made. My Te isn't directed toward viewing personal organization as a necessity. It's directed toward analysis, efficiency and productivity. Personal organization is just part of the equation.

A lot of it comes from a desire for control. That's Te again. If something is messy, I reorganize it to regain control of the situation, not just for the sake of organization or to make it look pretty. A desire to plan comes from a need for stability, predictability and productivity. I won't do something that I don't view as productive unless I have a personal reason otherwise. However, we all have our own view of productivity, so this leads to a lot of people misinterpreting ISTJ's not wanting to "have fun."

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

No pills at all. Discipline and organization in every aspect of life are natural to me. And I never bothered to be other way, because I got great results from using this "natural talent".

As for having fun, work always comes before play. I can´t go to a party or club if I know that I have something important to do the day after, like a test at University or a busy work schedule. I can´t enjoy myself if I know beforehand that I won´t do well in any of those activities because of the lack of sleep, or the hangover. But I like to have fun. My motto is "work hard, play harder".

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

What does it for me is the motivation to stay disciplined/organized. This always works, but it doesn't always work as much as I'd like.

The method on a good day:
    Me = "I will get this thing done... There. It's done. Now I'm going to get this other thing done..." etc.

The method on a bad day:
    Me = "I will get this thing done... but I really don't want to, so I'll do something else on my to-do list... There. Now for another item on my to-do list... There. But SERIOUSLY. I HAVE to get that thing done! No more postponing! DO IT!... There. Took me long enough."

So when regular self-motivation doesn't work, I'll intentionally get angry at myself, because anger is such a great motivator. Either that, or I'll remind myself (when applicable) of how much is at stake with the thing I have to get done, and then I'll be motivated by concern/mild worry, which also works very well.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    What does it for me is the motivation to stay disciplined/organized. This always works, but it doesn't always work as much as I'd like.

Me = "I will get this thing done... There. It's done. Now I'm going to get this other thing done..." etc.

The method on a bad day:
    Me = "I will get this thing done... but I really don't want to, so I'll do something else on my to-do list... There. Now for another item on my to-do list... There. But SERIOUSLY. I HAVE to get that thing done! No more postponing! DO IT!... There. Took me long enough."

So when regular self-motivation doesn't work, I'll intentionally get angry at myself, because anger is such a great motivator. Either that, or I'll remind myself (when applicable) of how much is at stake with the thing I have to get done, and then I'll be motivated by concern/mild worry, which also works very well.
    Funny, this is what I do as well. At least 95% the same
    On a bad day, I often imagine work being a cold-ass body of water that I have to just jump into in order to get acclimatized.
    I hate even the slightest notion of being lazy at work, so i'll just jump straight in the unpleasantness and do my best.

Another trick I do is to make work fun, and less surrounded by negative thoughts.
    Sometimes I go there up to fifty minutes early to just talk to some people and letting them go home early. Makes me feel good about myself, and as such rewards me = work positive.

Well, i'm no SJ, though(or am I?), but I do have discipline and organization + solid work ethics.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I know one like this, who tells himself to 'just do it', and it works... I tried, and it wont work.
    Nonsense. You're an ENTJ, you're probably much more organized and proper than you think.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

The method on a bad day:

Sounds almost like my flogging yourself in the closet theory.

Bah humbug, it sounds like all of you guys just have a natural born talent.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Bah humbug, it sounds like all of you guys just have a natural born talent.
    Which many non-SJ are jealous of.

Seriously, I never learnt how to be organized and disciplined. It´s just the way I am.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

For the daily routine, I create a to-do-list in the morning or the evening before (mostly 3-5 major tasks or 10-15 minor tasks) and just work through my list. I derive these tasks from my mid-range plan which is a list of my projects (prioritized, with deadlines and their major sub-branches) – works well for me and the "transaction costs" are quite low.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance View Post
    For the daily routine, I create a to-do-list in the morning or the evening before (mostly 3-5 major tasks or 10-15 minor tasks) and just work through my list. I derive these tasks from my mid-range plan which is a list of my projects (prioritized, with deadlines and their major sub-branches) – works well for me and the "transaction costs" are quite low.
    Grr. I wish I could do that all the time. I try - and I usually come close - to that level of efficiency, but it's never perfect. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Sounds almost like my flogging yourself in the closet theory.
    No pain, no gain!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

I don't see what the big secret is. They just do it. Being a Judger they don't like the uncertain. They get rid of this uncertainty by taking the time to plan out what ever events they need to do to accomplish their goals. Being a Sensor they will pay attention to all the details of a situation to help better organize what ever they need to organize so there is less uncertainty.

Chaos is bad to the SJ, so they will create order get rid of what ever chaos they need to get rid it.