123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Default Being a ISTJ child?

I suspect that my son is ISTJ. He is quite small yet and impossible to really be typed but I'm stil interested in the possibility of him being ISTJ.

This all made me wonder:
    - How did you ISTJ's think you were as a child?
    - How did you react on strange people?
    - What things were you interested in?
    - What were your favourite hobbies?
    - Were you serious?
    - Were you persistent?
    - How did you react to mess?
    - Were you clean child?
    - Were you disturbed of change?
    - Did you like to play in big groups of children?
    - How did you react on social pressure?
    - Did you go your own way or the way other went?
    - + all the other things you remember from your childhood.

I would be ever so grateful for your answers!!
    And I know everybody's different but I would think ISTJ's would have some common traits when they were children.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I always imagined an ISTJ child as the elementary student who policed the other students, saying "Ooooohhh!!!" every time someone did something wrong. I imagine their elementary school stereotype is the teacher's little helper.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I always imagined an ISTJ child as the elementary student who policed the other students, saying "Ooooohhh!!!" every time someone did something wrong. I imagine their elementary school stereotype is the teacher's little helper.
    If ISTJ's are like that, then my son is not one.

MBTI
    INTJ

I answered these for my husband based on what he's told me. I can ask him the others on the weekend if you like.

- What things were you interested in?
    Science, engineering, how stuff worked (taking things apart and rebuilding them)
    - What were your favourite hobbies?
    Reading - non fiction, national geographic, the encyclopoedia
    - Were you serious?
    Ha. When wasn't he.
    - Were you persistent?
    Unrelenting is how his mom describes him
    - Were you disturbed of change?
    Change was bad. It still is.
    - Did you like to play in big groups of children?
    "Does not play well with others" was written all over his report cards.

I think for children only 3 letters are used until they reach a certain age:

Personality and Kids

Portrait of an ISJ child:

Portrait of an ISJ Child

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

I always imagined an ISTJ child as the elementary student who policed the other students, saying "Ooooohhh!!!" every time someone did something wrong.
    Mine used "you're doing it wrong" and then tried to show them the error of their ways.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I wouldn't think ISTJs play in big groups of children, either.

GirlAmerica

My 11 yr old son is ISTJ.

He has a great sense of humor, very undertoned. I catch it and enjoy it although his ENFJ 10 yr old brother can be hurt by it (and sometimes my ISTJ means to hurt you with that humor!! and his ISFJ sister gets hurt and mad at it also)

He is driven and gets straight A's, and is in the gifted classes. Very serious with his studies, I NEVER have to mention his homework. It just gets done. His hand writing is small and not always neat. He does spring big projects on me at the last minute. I get irritated at that. He always seems to have it all planned out however, I just find myself running to the store when I didnt plan to.

He keeps very tight friends. I can count two good friends. Both from early elementary school. One in particular. Neither are as strong nor as aggressive as he is. He is the leader of the group.

He can be the behavior police, especially of his siblings.

He attaches himself for long term to the girls he likes. He will never tell them however and blushes when they come up. He grumbles when I ask about them. He is more free flowing when he tells me about them himself...which is very, very little.

His room is a wreck! His treasured things stored away neatly.

He keeps his hair and nails short. He is clean. Once in awhile he will ask for a mohawk.

He is very polite and I ALWAYS have others parents and teachers tell me what nice manners he has.

He will throw an occasional fit on me. He is very hard headed and does not learn lessons gracefully.

I still find him on my lap occasionally. More often now he if he knows something is upsetting or hurting he me will seek me out and hug me and love on me. He tells me I am a good mom, and a fun mom. We enjoy things like music together (he love AC/DC and Metallica especially now.....thank GAWD he got thru with the Weird Al phase.......ugh.)

He is never very materialistic. His Christmas list conservative.

He is my kinda peeeeeeps! LOVE the boy to death!!

GirlAmerica

I did have to add that one of his friends mother's told me that at his lunch table is a group of bullies....my son is the one standing up to them and calling them out when they are messing with kids.
    He is the one who will stand up to them and tell them to knock it off. Other than that, he doesnt get involved that I am aware of...although he might tell me some of the crazy things kids are doing at his school. Maybe it helps that he has his size behind him. He is about 5'3" 120lbs size 11 mens shoe (to be 6'4"-6'6" we are told by his ped.). Right now he is taller than most of his peers...although nearly a year younger (just turned 11 less than 3 mos ago and is in the 6th grade)...made his grade cut off by 3 days.
    He is like a puppy dog with REALLY BIG FEET.....a fairly quiet voice and he mumbles a bit... like me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I wouldn't think ISTJs play in big groups of children, either.
    I have read the descriptions so I know it but I want to know how they react on big groups so I can compare their reaction to my son.

GirlAmerica

Somestimes my son will be the clown in the center of the group...though, more often than not...on the sides observing....he tends to enjoy himself whatever the situation.