123 Last

Thread: istj and work

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default istj and work

what is it about work that ISTJs like?
    in theory, should every ISTJ love working?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my istj does NOT enjoy working, but he does enjoy money and tends to get bored sitting around the house, so he goes to work
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    what is it about work that ISTJs like?
    in theory, should every ISTJ love working?
    What the hell is that?

We don't dance out the door everyday to go work, happy to have been born to serve.

We do work efficiently because it has to be done, this is reality.

Personally, I like my current job because because all I do is sit at a computer all day and read books and surf the net.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

^ Take Five said it all.

But, I like my job because it allows me to travel around lots of countries, and go to events where you can get in touch with people form foreign Governments.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    What the hell is that?

We don't dance out the door everyday to go work, happy to have been born to serve.

We do work efficiently because it has to be done, this is reality.

Personally, I like my current job because because all I do is sit at a computer all day and read books and surf the net.

Oopsie, Im sorry if what I asked offended you, it's just that I read so much about ISTJs and it usually emphasis a work as something that is important to them, I suppose I misinterpreted an idea of "have to do it" for "want to do it"

But, let me ask this now, do you (or ISTJs) have a difficult time separating work from play? By this, I mean, if you are having "fun" at work, do you feel like you're not working hard enough? Does "work" have to be something unenjoyable?

I do understand that you can "like" what you do, but do you find that you will never look forward to going to work?

MBTI
    INTJ

Oopsie, Im sorry if what I asked offended you, it's just that I read so much about ISTJs and it usually emphasis a work as something that is important to them, I suppose I misinterpreted an idea of "have to do it" for "want to do it"

But, let me ask this now, do you (or ISTJs) have a difficult time separating work from play? By this, I mean, if you are having "fun" at work, do you feel like you're not working hard enough? Does "work" have to be something unenjoyable?

I do understand that you can "like" what you do, but do you find that you will never look forward to going to work?
    I used to work at a very demanding job-that took up a lot of hours and my free time. The job was my wife!

But I loved what I did. I mean- sometimes it sucked- working all through the night and the like-but the environment was very stimulating- It was a fast paced environment, smart people, and each year we had a bunch of college recruits hit the floor, so it was always fresh.

My new job is a different story. Sure the hours are better- my quality of life outside of work is great- but I work with some, not all, idiots. The work isn't as interesting, and I have people who are very caught up in the stupidest things that don't affect the big picture- it kills me.

I actually look forward to weekends now. Not that I didn't before, but I really hate having to go to work sometimes.

Type doesn't dictate your habits towards work. If it's not interesting or stimulating to me, I won't be motivated to do it. I think that's how most people are. Sometimes you have to just buckle down and do it. I think a lot of SJs are very comfortable working in a process oritented role- but I don't. I would hate to have to come in and do the same thing every day over and over again.

MBTI
    ISTx

I like to enjoy working... Meaning, I enjoy working, if the job is enjoyable and I feel like I'm making a contribution and serving a purpose.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Work is just what you have to do to get by. If it's fun, great. If not, it has to be done anyway. No use whining about it, just get it done.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Work is just what you have to do to get by. If it's fun, great. If not, it has to be done anyway. No use whining about it, just get it done.
    Or just get another job. Or just hunt and fish for survival. Or any other possible scenario. There is life outside of our indoctrinated format.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Or just get another job. Or just hunt and fish for survival. Or any other possible scenario. There is life outside of our indoctrinated format.
    Pursuing good opportunities is separate from work ethic and performance. Even assuming you do have a chance to jump to a better ship, which isn't always the case, you still have to meet current responsibilities.
    Johari Nohari