12 Last

Thread: Ask me, I know!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default Ask me, I know!

Hi,

Lately I've noticed that people often come to me with their problems, and quite often I also notice I'm able to provide them with the insight they needed.

Also, while reading all kinds of "Questions and Answers"-pages on the web, I seem to be me interested in the way questions are being answered, and whether the question was given enough of attention/respect. Sometimes these questions are cast down as being silly and that the answers are obvious.

So, let's try this out... you ask me questions, I try to answer with the best of my ability! There's no limit what you can ask, but there might be some limits what I'll answer.

You could also call this "Ask an ISTJ" if you will.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I have a question and a comment.

Comment: I think this should be a blog. Because it's centered around you, and because it would be an awesome blog.

Question: Who's the dude in your avatar? I've been wondering for a while.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Comment: I think this should be a blog. Because it's centered around you, and because it would be an awesome blog.
    Maybe.. but I didn't like blogs too much... they are too well hidden from the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Question: Who's the dude in your avatar? I've been wondering for a while.
    He's a NPC from Baldur's Gate series called Edwin. He was the most intelligent, and most evil of them all. I always thought he looked cool, but I never really had the chance to play with this character... so I try to compensade the loss by having his avatar.

Edwin Odesseiron - The Forgotten Realms Wiki - Books, races, classes, and more
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INFP

Well thank you for volunteering I have a question with many parts:

In view of the ISTJ reluctance to commit without knowing what they're committing to, is it possible that an ISTJ will consider casual relationships e.g. friends with benefits, one-night-stands?

If you're attracted to someone but are afraid to invest, are you likely to make a move at all?

If you end up in a casual relationship, are you likely to regret it or hate yourself after?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

do ISTJs get pissed off when they're working towards a goal and not seeing satisfactory progress, even though they should know that it's a slow goal to attain?

I think mine's getting pissy over that
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Can the question be about anything, not just ISTJ-related??
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

true... like is aged rum an adequate substitute for vanilla when making cookies?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    do ISTJs get pissed off when they're working towards a goal and not seeing satisfactory progress, even though they should know that it's a slow goal to attain?

I'll vouch for this. YES! VERY. I'm in therapy to recover from anxiety over my battle with depression the last 10 years and just got diagnosed with bipolar I. They switched my medication and I'm seeing VERY VERY VERY small changes each week. I want to see 25-50% closer to a full recovery each week, when in reality, my doctors and family keep having to remind me it's a 1-2% closer to recovery each week.

It's driving me nuts. I just want to get back to being productive, but it's an intensely long journey.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

... yeah, thats tough

yeah... set out to lose weight... he's losing it at a healthy rate, but nowhere near as fast as he thinks that he should be losing it... I've never seen someone look so angrily at a scales

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

I do too. But only when the reason why the goal is being slow to reach is out of my control. I have arthritis in my right shoulder, and I knew beforehand that I need to take medication for a long time: I´m on my sixth month so far, and still has some way to go. I wish I could recover faster, but I´m not making a fuss over it because I knew beforehand that it takes longer to recover with medicines. Surgery is faster, of course, but it is not necessary since the damage I have is not as severe as those which need surgery or joint replacement. And, any of them is far more expensive than one year of pills.

But, if I´m stuck in a process, and find something that I can do to get things moving, I´ll just do it. An example of this are the projects at University in which teamwork is mandatory. I´m the one bringing my NF classmates back to Earth, and cracking the whip on the lazy guy (I always had one in my groups, of many types) to get the job done.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric