• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Differences between ISFJ and ISTJ females

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Again, I am typing someone I know, and Si is their dominant function. Not sure if their auxiliary is Fe or Te, but they are a strong J. What's the difference between ISTJ and ISFJ females?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
ISFJ female probably has more friends. :laugh:

Seriously though, a ISTJ sees an incompetent moron whereas a ISFJ sees someone she can help.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
My two close friends are ISFJ and ISTJ and it took me a long time to figure out that L is ISTJ, not ISFJ. The biggest difference is that the ISTJ female cannot for the life of her tolerate most girls our age. She thinks they are stupid, unethical and silly. She doesn't like girls dancing on tables or singing from balconies. She will never make a fool of herself. Or go out of her way to help a stranger or acquaintance. She is warm to those she is very close to, but only those people. She has a hard time letting people in and trying new things. She minds her own business, likes social commentary like I do and only recently began to be more 'girly' and 'feminine'. She always have a solemn expression on her face and for those who don't know her, she is quiet and serious, but once you know her, she is goofy and silly. I won't say she is masculine, but she is aloof and down-to-earth and not a chit-chat, girl bonding kind of person.

My ISFJ female friend is much, much more people oriented. She loves to help people and have conversations with strangers. She tolerates the other girls and accepts them, huge flaws and all. She is very giving, generous and sweet and not just to close friends. She talks about her life, gives personal details willingly even to acquaintances. She is good with people and always makes them feel welcomed and appreciated. She gives compliments frequently. A lot more emotionally expressive whereas the ISTJ is very toned down and does not show vulnerable or needy side. She is very much the chit-chat, girl bonding type.

I can expand more if you want more details. I just love these two friends of mine.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My two close friends are ISFJ and ISTJ and it took me a long time to figure out that L is ISTJ, not ISFJ. The biggest difference is that the ISTJ female cannot for the life of her tolerate most girls our age. She thinks they are stupid, unethical and silly. She doesn't like girls dancing on tables or singing from balconies. She will never make a fool of herself. Or go out of her way to help a stranger or acquaintance. She is warm to those she is very close to, but only those people. She has a hard time letting people in and trying new things. She minds her own business, likes social commentary like I do and only recently began to be more 'girly' and 'feminine'. She always have a solemn expression on her face and for those who don't know her, she is quiet and serious, but once you know her, she is goofy and silly. I won't say she is masculine, but she is aloof and down-to-earth and not a chit-chat, girl bonding kind of person.

My ISFJ female friend is much, much more people oriented. She loves to help people and have conversations with strangers. She tolerates the other girls and accepts them, huge flaws and all. She is very giving, generous and sweet and not just to close friends. She talks about her life, gives personal details willingly even to acquaintances. She is good with people and always makes them feel welcomed and appreciated. She gives compliments frequently. A lot more emotionally expressive whereas the ISTJ is very toned down and does not show vulnerable or needy side. She is very much the chit-chat, girl bonding type.

I can expand more if you want more details. I just love these two friends of mine.

Sure, this is helpful.

The person I'm attempting to type is kind of serious, but loosens up every now and then. She is super organized, has lists for everything, and has her room set up where there's a place for everything, and everything is in its place. Spontaneity is not her thing, and she tends to stay in the safe zone, ultra practical with things.

She has low tolerance towards people being rude, inconsiderate. I'd say she's helpful to an extent. If it's a cause she feels attached to, yes. But she quickly points out when something or someone is out of order, be it morally, lack of common sense, rudeness, corruption in politics, the destruction of the environment, you name it. Very much concerned with the overall health and well-being of people.

Perhaps ISTJ?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Originally Posted by Rebe

Sure, this is helpful.

The person I'm attempting to type is kind of serious, but loosens up every now and then. She is super organized, has lists for everything, and has her room set up where there's a place for everything, and everything is in its place. Spontaneity is not her thing, and she tends to stay in the safe zone, ultra practical with things.

She has low tolerance towards people being rude, inconsiderate. I'd say she's helpful to an extent. If it's a cause she feels attached to, yes. But she quickly points out when something or someone is out of order, be it morally, lack of common sense, rudeness, corruption in politics, the destruction of the environment, you name it. Very much concerned with the overall health and well-being of people.

Perhaps ISTJ?

Yes.

After reading these posts I can say that both of you have written an accurate description of me. ;)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seriously though, a ISTJ sees an incompetent moron whereas a ISFJ sees someone she can help.
:laugh: True this.

Seriously though, I agree with the majority - ISTJ.

MrsEvaLee

What about the girl who sees the incompetent moron she might be able to help?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP

Depends on how you feel afterwards.

Do you feel warm and fuzzy or a job well done?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know many more ISFJ women than ISTJ women, but all the ISTJ seem to be pretty much alike. Both are structured types, and often fall into "traditional" social approaches -- it depends on the environment in which they are raised -- and both tend to be quiet, focused, extremely responsible, and to themselves until they know you. But ISFJ women are far more apt to be personable in the sense of making a connection/showing warmth... they help people feel included in groups... whereas where ISTJ women excel is at organizing and accomplishing tasks. The reason they come across as colder is because they often apply the same "task-oriented" skills to people and so there's more natural detachment perceived.

ISTJ women are also less apt to bend to accommodate people they're in a relationship with, whereas ISFJ women have as a stipulation that they please/affirm the person in the relationship and so, depending on what the issue is, they're more willing to accommodate on a personal level. The F makes a lot of difference in terms of priorities, even if both are very dutiful and don't bend in terms of their ideals.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
MrsEvaLee said:

I never mix that concepts.

In fact, at most projects or tasks which require teamwork, when I see that one of the members is a moron, I only help him if I notice that I need to do so in order to get the job done. Not because I like to do it, or out of pity (which is a word I don´t like at all)

In any other context, he´s just an incompetent moron.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ is the classic Melancholy, and are loners who are task-focused, or directive. They may appear innocent and sweet and even cheery, but they have a spunk about them and the T's "toughmindeness", that can be quite nasty at times.
ISFJ would be a Phlegmatic-Melancholy blend, which is people-focused of informative. (Or even a Supine-Melancholy. Supine will be even more reserved and people focused).

Both types will have the opposite T/F function in the tertiary position. I don't know many ISFJ's, but with an ISTJ female, tertiary Fi will likely be strong and quite visible, and coupled with the Si, by which they retain the values and "traditional feminine role" they may have been taught, they may appear to be Feelers.
However, they won't have as much of a "hostess" mindset as the SFJ. They'll more quickly get tired of people, and want to be left alone, with closest family. They will be emotional, but Feeling values will be internally derived.