User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Question Differences between ISFJ and ISTJ females

    Again, I am typing someone I know, and Si is their dominant function. Not sure if their auxiliary is Fe or Te, but they are a strong J. What's the difference between ISTJ and ISFJ females?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  2. #2
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    ISFJ female probably has more friends.

    Seriously though, a ISTJ sees an incompetent moron whereas a ISFJ sees someone she can help.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    My two close friends are ISFJ and ISTJ and it took me a long time to figure out that L is ISTJ, not ISFJ. The biggest difference is that the ISTJ female cannot for the life of her tolerate most girls our age. She thinks they are stupid, unethical and silly. She doesn't like girls dancing on tables or singing from balconies. She will never make a fool of herself. Or go out of her way to help a stranger or acquaintance. She is warm to those she is very close to, but only those people. She has a hard time letting people in and trying new things. She minds her own business, likes social commentary like I do and only recently began to be more 'girly' and 'feminine'. She always have a solemn expression on her face and for those who don't know her, she is quiet and serious, but once you know her, she is goofy and silly. I won't say she is masculine, but she is aloof and down-to-earth and not a chit-chat, girl bonding kind of person.

    My ISFJ female friend is much, much more people oriented. She loves to help people and have conversations with strangers. She tolerates the other girls and accepts them, huge flaws and all. She is very giving, generous and sweet and not just to close friends. She talks about her life, gives personal details willingly even to acquaintances. She is good with people and always makes them feel welcomed and appreciated. She gives compliments frequently. A lot more emotionally expressive whereas the ISTJ is very toned down and does not show vulnerable or needy side. She is very much the chit-chat, girl bonding type.

    I can expand more if you want more details. I just love these two friends of mine.

  4. #4
    From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    My two close friends are ISFJ and ISTJ and it took me a long time to figure out that L is ISTJ, not ISFJ. The biggest difference is that the ISTJ female cannot for the life of her tolerate most girls our age. She thinks they are stupid, unethical and silly. She doesn't like girls dancing on tables or singing from balconies. She will never make a fool of herself. Or go out of her way to help a stranger or acquaintance. She is warm to those she is very close to, but only those people. She has a hard time letting people in and trying new things. She minds her own business, likes social commentary like I do and only recently began to be more 'girly' and 'feminine'. She always have a solemn expression on her face and for those who don't know her, she is quiet and serious, but once you know her, she is goofy and silly. I won't say she is masculine, but she is aloof and down-to-earth and not a chit-chat, girl bonding kind of person.

    My ISFJ female friend is much, much more people oriented. She loves to help people and have conversations with strangers. She tolerates the other girls and accepts them, huge flaws and all. She is very giving, generous and sweet and not just to close friends. She talks about her life, gives personal details willingly even to acquaintances. She is good with people and always makes them feel welcomed and appreciated. She gives compliments frequently. A lot more emotionally expressive whereas the ISTJ is very toned down and does not show vulnerable or needy side. She is very much the chit-chat, girl bonding type.

    I can expand more if you want more details. I just love these two friends of mine.
    Sure, this is helpful.

    The person I'm attempting to type is kind of serious, but loosens up every now and then. She is super organized, has lists for everything, and has her room set up where there's a place for everything, and everything is in its place. Spontaneity is not her thing, and she tends to stay in the safe zone, ultra practical with things.

    She has low tolerance towards people being rude, inconsiderate. I'd say she's helpful to an extent. If it's a cause she feels attached to, yes. But she quickly points out when something or someone is out of order, be it morally, lack of common sense, rudeness, corruption in politics, the destruction of the environment, you name it. Very much concerned with the overall health and well-being of people.

    Perhaps ISTJ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  5. #5
    L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rebe
    My two close friends are ISFJ and ISTJ and it took me a long time to figure out that L is ISTJ, not ISFJ. The biggest difference is that the ISTJ female cannot for the life of her tolerate most girls our age. She thinks they are stupid, unethical and silly. She doesn't like girls dancing on tables or singing from balconies. She will never make a fool of herself. Or go out of her way to help a stranger or acquaintance. She is warm to those she is very close to, but only those people. She has a hard time letting people in and trying new things. She minds her own business, likes social commentary like I do and only recently began to be more 'girly' and 'feminine'. She always have a solemn expression on her face and for those who don't know her, she is quiet and serious, but once you know her, she is goofy and silly. I won't say she is masculine, but she is aloof and down-to-earth and not a chit-chat, girl bonding kind of person.

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Sure, this is helpful.

    The person I'm attempting to type is kind of serious, but loosens up every now and then. She is super organized, has lists for everything, and has her room set up where there's a place for everything, and everything is in its place. Spontaneity is not her thing, and she tends to stay in the safe zone, ultra practical with things.

    She has low tolerance towards people being rude, inconsiderate. I'd say she's helpful to an extent. If it's a cause she feels attached to, yes. But she quickly points out when something or someone is out of order, be it morally, lack of common sense, rudeness, corruption in politics, the destruction of the environment, you name it. Very much concerned with the overall health and well-being of people.

    Perhaps ISTJ?
    Yes.

    After reading these posts I can say that both of you have written an accurate description of me.

    "An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo



    LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

  6. #6
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Seriously though, a ISTJ sees an incompetent moron whereas a ISFJ sees someone she can help.
    True this.

    Seriously though, I agree with the majority - ISTJ.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  7. #7
    L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rainne
    Seriously though, a ISTJ sees an incompetent moron whereas a ISFJ sees someone she can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    True this.
    Of course. And, as long as they don´t work with me, morons can make me laugh sometimes.

    "An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo



    LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    What about the girl who sees the incompetent moron she might be able to help?

  9. #9
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEvaLee View Post
    What about the girl who sees the incompetent moron she might be able to help?
    Depends on how you feel afterwards.

    Do you feel warm and fuzzy or a job well done?

  10. #10
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    I know many more ISFJ women than ISTJ women, but all the ISTJ seem to be pretty much alike. Both are structured types, and often fall into "traditional" social approaches -- it depends on the environment in which they are raised -- and both tend to be quiet, focused, extremely responsible, and to themselves until they know you. But ISFJ women are far more apt to be personable in the sense of making a connection/showing warmth... they help people feel included in groups... whereas where ISTJ women excel is at organizing and accomplishing tasks. The reason they come across as colder is because they often apply the same "task-oriented" skills to people and so there's more natural detachment perceived.

    ISTJ women are also less apt to bend to accommodate people they're in a relationship with, whereas ISFJ women have as a stipulation that they please/affirm the person in the relationship and so, depending on what the issue is, they're more willing to accommodate on a personal level. The F makes a lot of difference in terms of priorities, even if both are very dutiful and don't bend in terms of their ideals.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. the differences between ESFJ and ENFJ females?
    By misfortuneteller in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 12:33 PM
  2. Video: Difference between ISFJ and INFJ
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-14-2015, 01:58 AM
  3. Differences between ISFP and ISFJ?
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 07:52 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Differences between ISFJ and ISTJ?
    By Lambchop in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 10:04 PM
  5. What are the biggest differences between ISFJ and ISFP
    By Requeim in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO