• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ humor

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My eldest kid is an ISTJ and i love his humour .. It's dark and sadistic :D I get it.

The only time i don't enjoy it is when there is a huge spider in the house and i'm hyperventilating and he seems to think that's funny :cry:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
as others have said... dry and witty. I did notice the forum stereotype that istjs are boring.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Aaah.... IXXJ humor....the myth that never dies.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have encountered people who just completely don't understand my sense of humor at all when I was intentionally making a joke, and I have found people that think I'm hilarious when I am being completely sincere and serious. Then, there exists the very small handful of people that are totally on point with my humor, they get it, appreciate it, and can reciprocate it to keep the joke going.

I think this sums it up perfectly. I can definitely relate :yes:

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So there's a guy who works in marketing... and he's writing something about the company... but then... the boss comes and say "Let's talk about our business!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I find ISTJ humor can be summed up as "It's funny because it's true!"

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
So there's a guy who works in marketing... and he's writing something about the company... but then... the boss comes and say "Let's talk about our business!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :yim_rolling_on_the_

I can see where it could be funny-but maybe it's not. Ne much?

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
I think that Neil Hamburger is ISTJ-esque as far as comedy goes.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4

That's true for me. I seem to be funniest to other people when I'm making fun of something or pointing out the absurdity of something.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes! That's how I am too!

And I've noticed that, with ISTJs, when someone tries to use really silly/energetic humor with them, they just go :thelook: But they'll like it if that someone's humor is on the totally opposite end of the spectrum (i.e. dark, sarcastic, deadpan). It actually reminds me of INTP humor, sometimes - loads of teasing and irony and laughing at idiots. :yes:

^ i.e. with the ISTJs I know. Dunno how representative this is.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yes! That's how I am too!

And I've noticed that, with ISTJs, when someone tries to use really silly/energetic humor with them, they just go :thelook: But they'll like it if that someone's humor is on the totally opposite end of the spectrum (i.e. dark, sarcastic, deadpan). It actually reminds me of INTP humor, sometimes - loads of teasing and irony and laughing at idiots. :yes:

^ i.e. with the ISTJs I know. Dunno how representative this is.

It's the same with me :yes: My ENTP's humour is very silly, clowny, I find it funny, but I have my limit. I find the more that kind of humour goes on, the more momentum and bigger it gets until it's too weird for me.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I don't know....last night I was at work and a conversation went like...

Woman: You sure have a lot of seafood!
Me: Yeah....we're trying to make up for the oil spill.

She cracked up laughing. :)

SavMandu

MBTI Type
IstJ
Enneagram
9w1
I find Seinfeld and Kids in the Hall to be very ISTJ-type humor, as well as Mr. Show, the State, and Upright Citizen's Brigade. Much of the humor is literal on it's face and a bit slap-sticky, but the dark undercurrent is that "it's funny because it's true" and "people will get what's coming to them," to use the Seinfeld finale as an example.