• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Praise For ISTJ's!!!

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay one of my best friends is an ISTJ and I have much praise for you guys. Here are some admirable traits you probably possess:

+ Great memory, pick up information in class that I miss (and vice versa)
+ Studious, can discuss test questions/study buddy
+ Independent (doesn't need constant reminders of friendship)
+ Really fun!! Unique outlook on life
+ Are in engineering fields like me!
+ Can connect intellectually.. great friends
+ Straightforward (let you know where your at in a relationship)
+ Reflective, observant to important details
+ Moral, truthful
+ Not overly serious, easy to talk to

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Loyalty. ISxJ's in general astound me with their loyalty; I have to say that if I were to pick one person to take a bag of gold somewhere for me when my life depended on it, and not be tempted to take some of it themselves or get sidetracked, it'd be ISxJ. Having been betrayed more times than the spirit of soul by the music industry, this is a quality that is worth more than its weight in gold to me.

And also in the case of ISTJ, can always be trusted to keep a level head and not be bamboozled or talked into things. Again, worth a great deal to me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have an ISTJ friend- I'd trust him with absolutley anything! He's completely and totally dependable and if you tell him a secret it's absolutley safe- which in my group is a truly impressive thing :( He's always organized, always on time, always remembers to send out Christmas cards and is always thoughtful. If he says he'll do something it's as good as done. Really quite impressive! :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If there's EVER a need, no matter how repellent, an ISTJ has always been the first to step up. I greatly admire their toughness.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If he says he'll do something it's as good as done. Really quite impressive! :)

And if resources limit him too much there is almost no end to the litany of appologies even though you tell him it's ok.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I know one really well balanced ISTJ. He is reliable, trustworthy, good with details, polite, nice to talk to and very pleasant person overall. He is excellent in project management and very much appreciated and liked by his co-workers.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Independent-yes. My buddy is even willing to allow me to question things...so long as I'm clear I don't intend to tear them down, I just want more info.

Doesn't require too much attention, and does a much better job of keeping in touch than I ever would.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Ditto to what Hirsch63 said...thanks for the wonderful comments, guys & gals. It's nice to know we're appreciated...lol. It's also nice to see the SJ forum getting some use :)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ditto to what Hirsch63 said...thanks for the wonderful comments, guys & gals. It's nice to know we're appreciated...lol. It's also nice to see the SJ forum getting some use :)

I'd like to see it get more use too... why don't you post more?? :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes! Some SJ blogs would be most welcomed. :yes:

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I'd like to see it get more use too... why don't you post more?? :)

Lol...well, I suppose use of the SJ forum would require some SJ's that actually post, huh? Now that I'm off from classes I'll try to be a little more participatory, ok?

By the way Substitute, you're right. If there was ever a dire situation where a friend asked me to carry a bag of gold somewhere for them I'd do it loyally and in a heartbeat. I would consider that a much easier task, then say, being a bridesmaid in their wedding (and yes, I am being completely serious).

ygolo

My termites win
Okay one of my best friends is an ISTJ and I have much praise for you guys. Here are some admirable traits you probably possess:

+ Great memory, pick up information in class that I miss (and vice versa)
+ Studious, can discuss test questions/study buddy
+ Independent (doesn't need constant reminders of friendship)
+ Really fun!! Unique outlook on life
+ Are in engineering fields like me!
+ Can connect intellectually.. great friends
+ Straightforward (let you know where your at in a relationship)
+ Reflective, observant to important details
+ Moral, truthful
+ Not overly serious, easy to talk to

I can attest to this list as well. Even the not being overly serious part. When they are at work, they are focused on working. But when they are among friends outside work they play.

Without ISTJs, nothing would run on time, projects and ideas would get out of proportion or self-defeating, we would forget the lessons from our past, and change things too much for our own good. --An exaggeration, but still mostly true.

more:
+Modest
+Dutiful
+++Reliable

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Lol...well, I suppose use of the SJ forum would require some SJ's that actually post, huh? Now that I'm off from classes I'll try to be a little more participatory, ok?

By the way Substitute, you're right. If there was ever a dire situation where a friend asked me to carry a bag of gold somewhere for them I'd do it loyally and in a heartbeat. I would consider that a much easier task, then say, being a bridesmaid in their wedding (and yes, I am being completely serious).

I agree 100%....I'd rather be reliable and trustworthy in the background than out front on "display"...

I can be very serious....or perhaps I should say more earnest... that could be mistaken as serious. I try to leaven that with my own brand of humor...I do see myself in all these descriptions, and then I realize that much of it also describes the behaviour of a really good dog. Hmmmm...well, I like dogs and they seem to like me too. I guess it could be worse. It seems like we are good to have around when you'd like some safe, less than edgy company.

And I am involved in a sort of engineering...on a practical, applied level.

G

GirlAmerica

I think ISTJ's have the most wicked sense of humor...... !

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think ISTJ's have the most wicked sense of humor...... !

Manipulating a group of drunk people down different trails in a forest park on halloween night using blair witch stickmen.

G

GirlAmerica

whatever it is in ISTJ's.....they bring out the mischief in me.......and make me want to play...

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm not sure if I even know any... but I'm sure you're great :D

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Loyalty. ISxJ's in general astound me with their loyalty; I have to say that if I were to pick one person to take a bag of gold somewhere for me when my life depended on it, and not be tempted to take some of it themselves or get sidetracked, it'd be ISxJ.

And also in the case of ISTJ, can always be trusted to keep a level head and not be bamboozled or talked into things. Again, worth a great deal to me.

Ditto + punctual + say what they mean and mean what they say.