First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Deva View Post
    I am exactly the same way. I get really irritated it someone doesn't show up on time. I know intellecutally that this is a bit irrational, but can't help it. If someone says they are going to do something and doesn't follow through, it just irritates me. I also don't like waiting in line at all. What a waste of time. Or crowds of people in general. If it is just too much, I will leave also.
    I'm a little weird that way. I'm all at once very perturbed by exactly the same things (I'll sit there and fume and think about how "irresponsible" so and so is being, because it's so illogical for someone to not show up for something they agreed to do, or I'll leave the crowd if I can afford to do so because I can't stand the wait)...

... but I'm also quick to adjust and forgive once the situation is resolved. I end up flexing with it.

I'm not ISTJ, so I am just noting there's similarity here as well as some difference. (Perhaps IxTx in general makes those critical statements -- the T critiques behavior/events, the I hates being tied to someone else's behavior?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post

...no wonder my girlfriend (ISTJ) often, very often in fact, get irritated and mad with me (INFP) for often being late, wishy-washy har har har har.
    but for some strange unknown reasons, she also enjoys being with me, because, she said that i often unlock and show her many 'unthinkable imaginative weird' worlds to her very-simple world
    it keeps her always entertained
    Personally, I don't verbally give the person a hard time if they are late. Of course it depends how long. 5- even 10 minutes I might not even say anything. I will give them 15 or 20 minutes at most and then I will leave. I feel that shows extreme disrespect.

I think the ISTJ may give the impression of living in a very-simple world, but I can assure you that for this ISTJ the mental world is very complicated. It just doesn't show at all.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Deva View Post

I think the ISTJ may give the impression of living in a very-simple world, but I can assure you that for this ISTJ the mental world is very complicated. It just doesn't show at all.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    INFP

My mom is ISTJ and I get along with her extremely well which almost seems surprising considering I'm an INFP. Sharing Introversion makes a big difference. But there is something else.

I've never figured it out, but there is something very similar about our thinking styles. We both can stop a conversation and start back in the same place hours later. Its as if part of both of our minds were thinking about it the whole time. I'm just on the same vibe as my mom.

I learned many things from my mom. I'm very punctual, I'm always ready to go at the drop of a hat, I'm prepared such as bringing a jacket along just in case, and I can be very straightforward in my opinions. I also picked up an irritable nature from her, but also let it go after expressing my irritation.

My mom is the most genuinely caring and understanding person I know. She is very giving and helpful. She is very people-oriented for an Introvert, and she accepts people for who they are. You know how she feels and she puts up no facade. She isn't easily offended and she doesn't hold grudges. She takes life as it comes.

Of course, she is very down-to-earth. She helps ground me when I'm around her. Her best aspects show when she is doing something physically active. She enjoys the simple things in life such as going for walks in the woods.

She seems to have very good development of her tertiary which is probably why I connect with her well. We love discussing people: behavior, motivations, etc.

She can be very negative at times, but she always strives to be positive. She tries to be a good person, and she always means well. She definitely values honesty.

MBTI
    ISTJ

There need to be more threads like this.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I know one really well balanced ISTJ. He is reliable, trustworthy, good with details, polite, nice to talk to and very pleasant person overall. He is excellent in project management and very much appreciated and liked by his co-workers.
    Is there such thing as an unbalanced ISTJ? That hasn't immediately figured out what's wrong and well aware of the problem?

MBTI
    ISTx

THIS THREAD IS EPIC!

lol...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Praise to ISTJs

I think ISTJs are some of the best people I've ever met. I've never met an ISTJ I didn't like. I see a lot of similarities between me and them. It's like having your weaknesses thrown in your face for both parties, only it's not offensive and it's more of a learning experience. As for the actual friendships I've had/have they have been very loyal to me and have a pretty high capacity to care when they actually do care, but they won't really show you this.

I just like the concreteness I've experienced. I never think I'm being decieved when I associate with one. They are also some of the more interesting people I've talked to, being near opposite but making the differences tolerable due to the fact that we are both introverts. I also like the whole planning thing that some people have a problem with, with some of my P type friends I will get randomly blown off the day before we planned to visit, but never really when I hang out or do anything with an ISTJ.

I also feel supported by ISTJs. When I am mad about something they usually get mad with me, and point out things that they dislike about the thing I am angry etc about. I also feel like when I am happy about something they will point out the things that they like about the thing I am happy about.

Show some love! ISTJs are super underrated, especially on this board. I haven't had anything but positive experiences with them except in a few circumstances, but these were from unhealthy people.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

BlackCat we are psychically connected tonight. (See my last post; not as eloquent as yours, but the sentiment is basically the same.)

Nice post!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thanks for making sure all the screws are in place on the bridges I drive over.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel