User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I like ISTJs a lot. Reliable, down-to-earth, quiet, and reliable. Did I mention reliable? They are pretty serious, though. I'm one of the more serious members of my type you'll find, though, so it doesn't bother me.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Serious okay...but not for the sake of appearing to exude gravitas or some other ego-centric purpose. I am serious about what I take to be the best objective path/method/argument for the greatest possible benefit...even at my own expense. In my tiny bit of the world it may not be of great importance, but to those I affect with my being, I hope to bring my best possible efforts to our relationship.

I also try to be aware of my tendency to be too focused and serious...to the point where I am just being silly. It is as if I was walking down a street concentrating so hard I did not realize I took a wrong turn down a blind alley...then I look up and go "Doh!"
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I like it that they're punctual. I'm extremely punctual and ISTJs are the only ones that come on time too. In fact I've been accused of being an ISTJ for this peculiar trait.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

I have been forced to come to the conclusion that most humans are just on another clock. I become very irrationally irritated when others are late....especially if a time has been agreed upon. I waste a lot of energy just steaming about the nerve of some people...Silly, right? That is just their way of being....If I let myself get too attached to my expectations of other's behaviour I will be rewarded with disappointment. I guess that I'd rather be delighted by the unusual prompt encounter.

Perhaps this is why I cannot abide waiting in line for anything. I don't try to cut ahead, I just leave. I don't care how good the food or entertainment is; get more tables! I'll go eat a hamburger or listen to the radio in my car before I'll wait 5 minutes in line...it makes my skin crawl...another irrational reaction. Why? I don't get it. Perhaps it just seems llike bad irresponsible hospitailty. There I go again.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Oh and thanks again to Mycroft and all for the praise....I am trying to enjoy it!

MBTI
    ISXJ

I'm usually ok with waiting in lines or waiting for a table so long as I am already with company I can talk to. The one thing in the world I can not tolerate is sitting in traffic (especially when I am by myself)! All I can think about is all that potential time that is being completely wasted and I am contributing to more air pollution etc. I live in a city where there is terrible traffic...the kind where if there is any kind of accident it may take 2+ hours to go 30 miles. I think it kills me a little (like deep in my soul) every time it happens.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Thanks for all the compliments! It is nice to be appreciated.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    I have been forced to come to the conclusion that most humans are just on another clock. I become very irrationally irritated when others are late....especially if a time has been agreed upon. I waste a lot of energy just steaming about the nerve of some people...Silly, right? That is just their way of being....If I let myself get too attached to my expectations of other's behaviour I will be rewarded with disappointment. I guess that I'd rather be delighted by the unusual prompt encounter.

Perhaps this is why I cannot abide waiting in line for anything. I don't try to cut ahead, I just leave. I don't care how good the food or entertainment is; get more tables! I'll go eat a hamburger or listen to the radio in my car before I'll wait 5 minutes in line...it makes my skin crawl...another irrational reaction. Why? I don't get it. Perhaps it just seems llike bad irresponsible hospitailty. There I go again.
    I am exactly the same way. I get really irritated it someone doesn't show up on time. I know intellecutally that this is a bit irrational, but can't help it. If someone says they are going to do something and doesn't follow through, it just irritates me.

I also don't like waiting in line at all. What a waste of time. Or crowds of people in general. If it is just too much, I will leave also.

MBTI
    ISTx

Thanks guys.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deva View Post
    I am exactly the same way. I get really irritated it someone doesn't show up on time. I know intellecutally that this is a bit irrational, but can't help it. If someone says they are going to do something and doesn't follow through, it just irritates me.

I also don't like waiting in line at all. What a waste of time. Or crowds of people in general. If it is just too much, I will leave also.

...no wonder my girlfriend (ISTJ) often, very often in fact, get irritated and mad with me (INFP) for often being late, wishy-washy har har har har.
    but for some strange unknown reasons, she also enjoys being with me, because, she said that i often unlock and show her many 'unthinkable imaginative weird' worlds to her very-simple world
    it keeps her always entertained