• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Praise For ISTJ's!!!

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like ISTJs a lot. Reliable, down-to-earth, quiet, and reliable. Did I mention reliable? They are pretty serious, though. I'm one of the more serious members of my type you'll find, though, so it doesn't bother me.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Serious okay...but not for the sake of appearing to exude gravitas or some other ego-centric purpose. I am serious about what I take to be the best objective path/method/argument for the greatest possible benefit...even at my own expense. In my tiny bit of the world it may not be of great importance, but to those I affect with my being, I hope to bring my best possible efforts to our relationship.

I also try to be aware of my tendency to be too focused and serious...to the point where I am just being silly. It is as if I was walking down a street concentrating so hard I did not realize I took a wrong turn down a blind alley...then I look up and go "Doh!"

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I like it that they're punctual. I'm extremely punctual and ISTJs are the only ones that come on time too. In fact I've been accused of being an ISTJ for this peculiar trait.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I have been forced to come to the conclusion that most humans are just on another clock. I become very irrationally irritated when others are late....especially if a time has been agreed upon. I waste a lot of energy just steaming about the nerve of some people...Silly, right? That is just their way of being....If I let myself get too attached to my expectations of other's behaviour I will be rewarded with disappointment. I guess that I'd rather be delighted by the unusual prompt encounter.

Perhaps this is why I cannot abide waiting in line for anything. I don't try to cut ahead, I just leave. I don't care how good the food or entertainment is; get more tables! I'll go eat a hamburger or listen to the radio in my car before I'll wait 5 minutes in line...it makes my skin crawl...another irrational reaction. Why? I don't get it. Perhaps it just seems llike bad irresponsible hospitailty. There I go again.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I'm usually ok with waiting in lines or waiting for a table so long as I am already with company I can talk to. The one thing in the world I can not tolerate is sitting in traffic (especially when I am by myself)! All I can think about is all that potential time that is being completely wasted and I am contributing to more air pollution etc. I live in a city where there is terrible traffic...the kind where if there is any kind of accident it may take 2+ hours to go 30 miles. I think it kills me a little (like deep in my soul) every time it happens.

Deva

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have been forced to come to the conclusion that most humans are just on another clock. I become very irrationally irritated when others are late....especially if a time has been agreed upon. I waste a lot of energy just steaming about the nerve of some people...Silly, right? That is just their way of being....If I let myself get too attached to my expectations of other's behaviour I will be rewarded with disappointment. I guess that I'd rather be delighted by the unusual prompt encounter.

Perhaps this is why I cannot abide waiting in line for anything. I don't try to cut ahead, I just leave. I don't care how good the food or entertainment is; get more tables! I'll go eat a hamburger or listen to the radio in my car before I'll wait 5 minutes in line...it makes my skin crawl...another irrational reaction. Why? I don't get it. Perhaps it just seems llike bad irresponsible hospitailty. There I go again.

I am exactly the same way. I get really irritated it someone doesn't show up on time. I know intellecutally that this is a bit irrational, but can't help it. If someone says they are going to do something and doesn't follow through, it just irritates me.

I also don't like waiting in line at all. What a waste of time. Or crowds of people in general. If it is just too much, I will leave also.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
I am exactly the same way. I get really irritated it someone doesn't show up on time. I know intellecutally that this is a bit irrational, but can't help it. If someone says they are going to do something and doesn't follow through, it just irritates me.

I also don't like waiting in line at all. What a waste of time. Or crowds of people in general. If it is just too much, I will leave also.

:shock:
...no wonder my girlfriend (ISTJ) often, very often in fact, get irritated and mad with me (INFP) for often being late, wishy-washy har har har har.
but for some strange unknown reasons, she also enjoys being with me, because, she said that i often unlock and show her many 'unthinkable imaginative weird' worlds to her very-simple world :D
it keeps her always entertained :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am exactly the same way. I get really irritated it someone doesn't show up on time. I know intellecutally that this is a bit irrational, but can't help it. If someone says they are going to do something and doesn't follow through, it just irritates me. I also don't like waiting in line at all. What a waste of time. Or crowds of people in general. If it is just too much, I will leave also.

I'm a little weird that way. I'm all at once very perturbed by exactly the same things (I'll sit there and fume and think about how "irresponsible" so and so is being, because it's so illogical for someone to not show up for something they agreed to do, or I'll leave the crowd if I can afford to do so because I can't stand the wait)...

... but I'm also quick to adjust and forgive once the situation is resolved. I end up flexing with it.

I'm not ISTJ, so I am just noting there's similarity here as well as some difference. (Perhaps IxTx in general makes those critical statements -- the T critiques behavior/events, the I hates being tied to someone else's behavior?)

Deva

MBTI Type
ISTJ
:shock:
...no wonder my girlfriend (ISTJ) often, very often in fact, get irritated and mad with me (INFP) for often being late, wishy-washy har har har har.
but for some strange unknown reasons, she also enjoys being with me, because, she said that i often unlock and show her many 'unthinkable imaginative weird' worlds to her very-simple world :D
it keeps her always entertained :D

Personally, I don't verbally give the person a hard time if they are late. Of course it depends how long. 5- even 10 minutes I might not even say anything. I will give them 15 or 20 minutes at most and then I will leave. I feel that shows extreme disrespect.

I think the ISTJ may give the impression of living in a very-simple world, but I can assure you that for this ISTJ the mental world is very complicated. It just doesn't show at all.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think the ISTJ may give the impression of living in a very-simple world, but I can assure you that for this ISTJ the mental world is very complicated. It just doesn't show at all.

Agreed.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
My mom is ISTJ and I get along with her extremely well which almost seems surprising considering I'm an INFP. Sharing Introversion makes a big difference. But there is something else.

I've never figured it out, but there is something very similar about our thinking styles. We both can stop a conversation and start back in the same place hours later. Its as if part of both of our minds were thinking about it the whole time. I'm just on the same vibe as my mom.

I learned many things from my mom. I'm very punctual, I'm always ready to go at the drop of a hat, I'm prepared such as bringing a jacket along just in case, and I can be very straightforward in my opinions. I also picked up an irritable nature from her, but also let it go after expressing my irritation.

My mom is the most genuinely caring and understanding person I know. She is very giving and helpful. She is very people-oriented for an Introvert, and she accepts people for who they are. You know how she feels and she puts up no facade. She isn't easily offended and she doesn't hold grudges. She takes life as it comes.

Of course, she is very down-to-earth. She helps ground me when I'm around her. Her best aspects show when she is doing something physically active. She enjoys the simple things in life such as going for walks in the woods.

She seems to have very good development of her tertiary which is probably why I connect with her well. We love discussing people: behavior, motivations, etc.

She can be very negative at times, but she always strives to be positive. She tries to be a good person, and she always means well. She definitely values honesty.

cdal233

MBTI Type
INTP
I know one really well balanced ISTJ. He is reliable, trustworthy, good with details, polite, nice to talk to and very pleasant person overall. He is excellent in project management and very much appreciated and liked by his co-workers.

Is there such thing as an unbalanced ISTJ? That hasn't immediately figured out what's wrong and well aware of the problem?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Praise to ISTJs

I think ISTJs are some of the best people I've ever met. I've never met an ISTJ I didn't like. I see a lot of similarities between me and them. It's like having your weaknesses thrown in your face for both parties, only it's not offensive and it's more of a learning experience. As for the actual friendships I've had/have they have been very loyal to me and have a pretty high capacity to care when they actually do care, but they won't really show you this.

I just like the concreteness I've experienced. I never think I'm being decieved when I associate with one. They are also some of the more interesting people I've talked to, being near opposite but making the differences tolerable due to the fact that we are both introverts. I also like the whole planning thing that some people have a problem with, with some of my P type friends I will get randomly blown off the day before we planned to visit, but never really when I hang out or do anything with an ISTJ.

I also feel supported by ISTJs. When I am mad about something they usually get mad with me, and point out things that they dislike about the thing I am angry etc about. I also feel like when I am happy about something they will point out the things that they like about the thing I am happy about.

Show some love! ISTJs are super underrated, especially on this board. I haven't had anything but positive experiences with them except in a few circumstances, but these were from unhealthy people. :yes:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
BlackCat we are psychically connected tonight. (See my last post; not as eloquent as yours, but the sentiment is basically the same.)

Nice post!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for making sure all the screws are in place on the bridges I drive over. :nice: