User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Unhealhty? Why would it be unhealthy if it works for him? Some families have tighter bonds than others.
    Well, there is much more than this...

edit: he also recognizes that he can be too attached sometimes, he does worry how he'll adjust when he moves out of his parents house and has to live entirely on his own.

Which is one of the reasons why I posted this question, I wanted to know if any ISTJs were attached to their families strongly, and how they adapted to moving out and breaking those family traditions ...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I can see where your ISTJ is coming from. I am pretty attached to my family. I love spending time with them and sometimes choose to spend time with them over spending time with my friends. However, I decided to go to college across the country from my parents because I knew that it would be good for me to be away from them and experience life in a different part of the country. We all know it's hard for ISTJs to change, but since I saw it as necessary, I knew I had to follow through with it. I was probably homesick much longer than many others in the same situation... I think it took me a year and a half to get adjusted. Now, I am slowly learning how to get along on my own and I definitely want to be financially independent soon. Usually I go back home for the summers, but this summer I will probably have an internship in another city. I see it as another step to the road to independence that, again, I find necessary. Maybe your ISTJ just hasn't found any reason to change what he is doing.

figsfiggyfigs

okay from what I can tell, my father is an ISTJ, and he's EXTREMELY attached to his family. VERY VERY attached. I never really understood that. But he's also a workaholic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I wanted to add to this, has anyone dated an ISTJ who constantly chooses their family over their significant other? I understand logically that it makes sense, i mean, blood is thicker than water... but how can I sound rational in explaining to him that I feel thrown to the side when it comes to his family?