• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ .. What are you feeling at this moment???

Kyora

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because they are misinformed on what the theory actually is.

Stick around here, there's very little of that kind of thing present.

I've seen :) That's why I prefer this community :) It's more mature here (mature not as old, but as less criticizing and more open)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Feeling sad and disgusted that people on some forum (not here) think that xSFJ are just a manipulative bunch of people because they use Fe and Si... Why are people so "racist" about MBTI types?

I don't think SFJs are manipulative, they can be irritating as fuark to talk to but my mum is an ESFJ, and despite her bizarre obsessions with women's magazines and the royal family, terrible driving (though this seems to be a universal female problem) and complete inability to understand me, she is the most altruistic person I have met :)

Whether someone expresses a healthy or unhealthy version of their type depends on the environment they grew up in.

Kyora

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think SFJs are manipulative, they can be irritating as fuark to talk to but my mum is an ESFJ, and despite her bizarre obsessions with women's magazines and the royal family, terrible driving (though this seems to be a universal female problem) and complete inability to understand me, she is the most altruistic person I have met :)

Whether someone expresses a healthy or unhealthy version of their type depends on the environment they grew up in.

That's what I thought too but they keep on arguing and giving examples of a xSFJ who are psychopath :/ They just keep on trashing SFJ which I believe is a racist behaviour...

Last edited:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
That's what I thought too but they keep on arguing and giving examples of a xSFJ who are psychopath :/ They just keep on trashing SFJ which I believe is a racist behaviour...

Types are concepts, not races. I agree that the stereotypes about SFJs mentioned are inaccurate.

However: why do you keep saying that such behaviour is "racist?"

Kyora

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Types are concepts, not races. I agree that the stereotypes about SFJs mentioned are inaccurate.

However: why do you keep saying that such behaviour is "racist?"

Well have you ever been on PerC? You'll see why... Whatever SFJ says it's wrong but what NFJ said it's perfect ^^'
They said Ni/Fe is adorable, Si/Fe is anything but adorable. Then they always compare every type possible just to end up saying well the worst are SFJ. For me that's racist, they put all SFJ in the same bag, without trying to even see if they are healthy or unhealthy.
Why racist? Well there are polls, the lasts ones are always SFJ or STJ with people saying "what an annoying bunch of people". For me when you start to stereotype people in a negative way and just not see what is positive, it's being racist. Not because of the word "race" because I don't think a type is a "race", the only "races" that exist are for animals. But my vocabulary is not extensive enough for me to find the perfect word for this situation. (English is not my native language...)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Well have you ever been on PerC? You'll see why... Whatever SFJ says it's wrong but what NFJ said it's perfect ^^'
They said Ni/Fe is adorable, Si/Fe is anything but adorable. Then they always compare every type possible just to end up saying well the worst are SFJ. For me that's racist, they put all SFJ in the same bag, without trying to even see if they are healthy or unhealthy.
Why racist? Well there are polls, the lasts ones are always SFJ or STJ with people saying "what an annoying bunch of people". For me when you start to stereotype people in a negative way and just not see what is positive, it's being racist. Not because of the word "race" because I don't think a type is a "race", the only "races" that exist are for animals. But my vocabulary is not extensive enough for me to find the perfect word for this situation. (English is not my native language...)

I have been on PerC, and got banned after tearing the INFJs a new one, heheh (though not for this reason). The reason SJs are last on polls in forums is simply because there are less of them than other types. The internet is the domain of iNtuitives, and typology forums are disproportionately flooded with NFs, especially. Not many SJs find these kinds of discussions interesting, and I know that for a fact because if they did, more would be here.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ True. SJs need to see a practical use for this system, and discussions of it, to even begin to want to join a forum community dedicated to it.

Either that, or they need to be angry enough at SJ misconceptions to join EXCLUSIVELY to correct people. Which is why I joined TypeC originally. :laugh: But I calmed down, and ended up staying because of the practical uses of the MBTI and, later, Enneagram.

RiftsWRX

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Still blows my mind the interest I keep hearing from everyone about SJ's.

*Raises hand* Present.

But you're right. I'm here to learn, heal, and grow in a community of like minded individuals... especially those who've hit rock bottom, and built themselves back up.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Still blows my mind the interest I keep hearing from everyone about SJ's.

*Raises hand* Present.
We are a rare breed around here. :unicorn:

RiftsWRX

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I've heard from some people on Ventrilo about the stereotypes people have on ESFJ's. I dunno.. I simply don't see it.

I guess that deserves a whole other conversation. Wonder what forum would be good for it. Probably this one.

A good thread for next week.

Snow Turtle

Feeling sad and disgusted that people on some forum (not here) think that xSFJ are just a manipulative bunch of people because they use Fe and Si... Why are people so "racist" about MBTI types?

Lots of members here did an excellent job of keeping this place somewhat neutral on the S/N discussions. I'm pretty sure this place initially started off by being known as intuitive-central.com? (Need someone to confirm for me) Just from that, you can tell there was a heavy emphasis on providing a balanced approach to typology.

Edit: Seems like I might be off in my memory. Found instead that it used to be called MBTIc, was intuitive-central just a completely different website then?

Unfortunately sometimes there are people who feel that it's OK to rant on the forums even if it just makes things worse in terms of understanding about sensors. For them, the forums act as a safe haven where they feel that they should be able to scream about certain things. At least this is what someone once told me after I complained about sensor-intuitive biases.

I'm not sure if I agree with the idea that just because someone is frustrated with the sensors around them. They should be allowed to moan with like-minded individuals. But at the same time, I can sort of see where they are coming from.

Alehand

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
:mad: and amazed at the brazen attitude of my friend by asking me to lie to her husband about her extra-curricular activities.

Background: he is out of the country, we are all friends and I am going to do my very best impression of a stone and say nothing and feel nothing.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Edit: Seems like I might be off in my memory. Found instead that it used to be called MBTIc, was intuitive-central just a completely different website then?

TypologyCentral (then MBTI Central) was a spinoff of INTP Central. MBTI Central was created—at least in part—because Haight felt that other types were posting too much on INTP Central, and so wanted to create a separate space for those folks. It was owned by the owner of INTP Central (Haight) until recently. The new owner is Highlander.

Snow Turtle

:mad: and amazed at the brazen attitude of my friend by asking me to lie to her husband about her extra-curricular activities.

Background: he is out of the country, we are all friends and I am going to do my very best impression of a stone and say nothing and feel nothing.

That does not sound like a very pleasant scenario to be in.

Alehand

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
That does not sound like a very pleasant scenario to be in.

Yes it is.

I have taken to calling her an emotional squatter because she got through my stubborn walls where I keep my emotions and she wont leave. Just glad I have some good people who are giving me some solid advice and help navigating the collapsing friendship.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ugh [MENTION=14415]Alehand[/MENTION] I'm sorry. That sucks. I hate it when people do that to me. Glad you have people to talk to and ask for advice.

(Side note: I friggin love the term "emotional squatter" and plan on using it from now on.)