User Tag List

First 3171798081828391 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

"Out of sight, out of mind" or "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"?...

I don't believe either one of these cliche's are true at face value. I think if someone goes out of your mind as soon as they are out of your sight, then you never really cared about them in the first place. I also don't think your heart grows fonder once someone is absent, I think you were already really fond on of them in the first place, and just miss them when they are gone.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I wish I could tone myself down.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ If people can't handle you, @Giggly, that's not your fault; it's theirs. Screw those guys. You can do better.

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Two of my friends are draining me. One just broke up with her live-in boyfriend and moved out and she apparently is used to being in someone's company 24/7, so she's been calling me a lot (maybe 4 times a day and always at night before bed) just to have someone to talk to. My other friend is going through problems too (she always is) and has been calling me 3 times a day and we hang out a couple of times a week. The calling is way too much for me, but I feel like they are in need right now and I don't have the heart to tell them that I need it to slow down.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I wish I could tone myself down.
    In what sense do you need to tone down?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Two of my friends are draining me. One just broke up with her live-in boyfriend and moved out and she apparently is used to being in someone's company 24/7, so she's been calling me a lot (maybe 4 times a day and always at night before bed) just to have someone to talk to. My other friend is going through problems too (she always is) and has been calling me 3 times a day and we hang out a couple of times a week. The calling is way too much for me, but I feel like they are in need right now and I don't have the heart to tell them that I need it to slow down.
    I feel like I made myself sound more introverted than I really am here. What I meant was that this two women are mired-down with problems right now and they are very emotionally charged (not in a good way either) and needy and this has been constant, on a daily basis, for about a month now and their emotions are contagious to me. They passes to me when I talk to them, but my life is relatively stress-free and I'm used to that and not used to feeling negative emotions on a constant basis (and it's their life, not even mine!). That is what is draining me. I don't mind talking to or hanging out with more normal people on a constant basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    In what sense do you need to tone down?
    I guess I feel like I have a lot of feelings stirring inside of me and feeling this inside sometimes feels like torture. I also fear that it will scare someone when/if I share these feelings. Like it'll be too much and I'll scare them away.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I feel like I made myself sound more introverted than I really am here. What I meant was that this two women are mired-down with problems right now and they are very emotionally charged (not in a good way either) and needy and this has been constant, on a daily basis, for about a month now and their emotions are contagious to me. They passes to me when I talk to them, but my life is relatively stress-free and I'm used to that and not used to feeling negative emotions on a constant basis (and it's their life, not even mine!). That is what is draining me. I don't mind talking to or hanging out with more normal people on a constant basis.

I guess I feel like I have a lot of feelings stirring inside of me and feeling this inside sometimes feels like torture. I also fear that it will scare someone when/if I share these feelings. Like it'll be too much and I'll scare them away.
    If you share with friends who really care about you (as you do obviously about others) then I don't think those things would scare a close friend away..those who are meaningfully interested in you and your health. If the things are said carefully or cautiously it helps.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

your resident asshole

I feel a bit...odd.

Also "Crap Bag" feels like a suitable name for me at the moment.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

*transforms into an SJ* I feel apathetic.
    I really like cats and food.