User Tag List

First 1353616263646573 Last

Results 621 to 630 of 1018

  1. #621
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Melancholic. Not completely depressed, mind you just....detached, desiring to retreat from the world.

    Ok, maybe depressed then.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  2. #622
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Annoyed. Annoyed at myself that I cannot seem to pin down a job. Annoyed that my worth will always be in what I contribute and thus without contribution I am worth nothing.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #623
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Annoyed that my worth will always be in what I contribute and thus without contribution I am worth nothing.
    This is only true if you leave it up to others to define your worth. Others aren't qualified to evaluate you, only you are.

  4. #624
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    This is only true if you leave it up to others to define your worth. Others aren't qualified to evaluate you, only you are.
    Well it would help if I didnt have to live off my parents. It's hard to put on an air of self assurance and sufficiency when you are aware of your own dependance on someone else.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #625
    Junior Member ohtochooseaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Monetary contributions, including self sufficiency, are only a very small part of the value you bring: most people will value (or devalue) you far more for how you make them feel rather than your monetary situation.

  6. #626
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohtochooseaname View Post
    Monetary contributions, including self sufficiency, are only a very small part of the value you bring: most people will value (or devalue) you far more for how you make them feel rather than your monetary situation.
    This is true. But until I can bring forth some great change in the world systems of economy, it is unfortunate that part of being independant, while it must start within the mind, you can only act upon it outwardly with monetary gain.

    Although that is not necessarily my primary motivation. I think the problem stems not from what people think so much as how people treat you based upon what they think.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  7. #627
    Junior Member ohtochooseaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    This is true. But until I can bring forth some great change in the world systems of economy, it is unfortunate that part of being independant, while it must start within the mind, you can only act upon it outwardly with monetary gain.

    Although that is not necessarily my primary motivation. I think the problem stems not from what people think so much as how people treat you based upon what they think.

    So, maybe the issue is more that you base your self-worth on your ability to be independent? No one is an island. I can certainly see how it would be difficult to have self respect when everyone else seems to value the things you are not good at, especially in first impressions, instead of valuing you for what you do contribute.

  8. #628
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohtochooseaname View Post
    So, maybe the issue is more that you base your self-worth on your ability to be independent? No one is an island. I can certainly see how it would be difficult to have self respect when everyone else seems to value the things you are not good at, especially in first impressions, instead of valuing you for what you do contribute.
    I think that is basically the problem. I do value what I can bring for others. But sooner or later the sad reality is that my parents will not be there forever, one has to break free from the nest and do something of a productive nature.

    It's also interesting that the real goal is what life is good at: Striving.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  9. #629
    Blind Guardian Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    @AffirmitiveAnxiety why is it that in every thread I see you posting, someone is there trying to "fix" you?
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

  10. #630
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety why is it that in every thread I see you posting, someone is there trying to "fix" you?
    Yeah I think ive been projecting a selfish 'wallowing in misery' type thing lately, I need to stop it really. It's irritating and doesnt help anyone.

    I believe the problem is I give too much power to my enviroment and leave too little for myself. But this is all attention seeking and off topic, besides I dont think people are trying to fix me so much as offer decent advice.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Similar Threads

  1. What are you feeling right now?
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14938
    Last Post: Today, 02:06 PM
  2. [SJ] SJ's, are you good at twisting words/ annalyzing conversations?
    By Spectre of the spam in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 03:33 AM
  3. [SP] SP...What are you feeling at this moment???
    By Poki in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM
  4. [ENFJ] ENFJs! What Are You Feeling Right Now?
    By TopherRed in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 05:27 PM
  5. What are you good at?
    By briochick in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO