User Tag List

First 1353616263646573 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Melancholic. Not completely depressed, mind you just....detached, desiring to retreat from the world.

Ok, maybe depressed then.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Annoyed. Annoyed at myself that I cannot seem to pin down a job. Annoyed that my worth will always be in what I contribute and thus without contribution I am worth nothing.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Annoyed that my worth will always be in what I contribute and thus without contribution I am worth nothing.
    This is only true if you leave it up to others to define your worth. Others aren't qualified to evaluate you, only you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    This is only true if you leave it up to others to define your worth. Others aren't qualified to evaluate you, only you are.
    Well it would help if I didnt have to live off my parents. It's hard to put on an air of self assurance and sufficiency when you are aware of your own dependance on someone else.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Monetary contributions, including self sufficiency, are only a very small part of the value you bring: most people will value (or devalue) you far more for how you make them feel rather than your monetary situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ohtochooseaname View Post
    Monetary contributions, including self sufficiency, are only a very small part of the value you bring: most people will value (or devalue) you far more for how you make them feel rather than your monetary situation.
    This is true. But until I can bring forth some great change in the world systems of economy, it is unfortunate that part of being independant, while it must start within the mind, you can only act upon it outwardly with monetary gain.

Although that is not necessarily my primary motivation. I think the problem stems not from what people think so much as how people treat you based upon what they think.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    This is true. But until I can bring forth some great change in the world systems of economy, it is unfortunate that part of being independant, while it must start within the mind, you can only act upon it outwardly with monetary gain.

Although that is not necessarily my primary motivation. I think the problem stems not from what people think so much as how people treat you based upon what they think.

So, maybe the issue is more that you base your self-worth on your ability to be independent? No one is an island. I can certainly see how it would be difficult to have self respect when everyone else seems to value the things you are not good at, especially in first impressions, instead of valuing you for what you do contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by ohtochooseaname View Post
    So, maybe the issue is more that you base your self-worth on your ability to be independent? No one is an island. I can certainly see how it would be difficult to have self respect when everyone else seems to value the things you are not good at, especially in first impressions, instead of valuing you for what you do contribute.
    I think that is basically the problem. I do value what I can bring for others. But sooner or later the sad reality is that my parents will not be there forever, one has to break free from the nest and do something of a productive nature.

It's also interesting that the real goal is what life is good at: Striving.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

@AffirmitiveAnxiety why is it that in every thread I see you posting, someone is there trying to "fix" you?
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety why is it that in every thread I see you posting, someone is there trying to "fix" you?
    Yeah I think ive been projecting a selfish 'wallowing in misery' type thing lately, I need to stop it really. It's irritating and doesnt help anyone.

I believe the problem is I give too much power to my enviroment and leave too little for myself. But this is all attention seeking and off topic, besides I dont think people are trying to fix me so much as offer decent advice.

- A.A. Milne.