User Tag List

123 Last

Default Is this normal for ISTJs or SJ's in general?

Well, I guess I'd like to preface by saying that I have depression. Now on to the main point. 90% of the people I meet I dislike and want nothing to do with. The remaining 10% that I have a good gut feeling about usually never progress beyond acquaintance. Now, my feelings towards most of humanity is very negative, and as I mentioned earlier, I dislike most people. I guess it's partway a gut feeling, and partway just seeing the negative in people. Unfortunately, I'm also depressed. I dislike other people and I dislike myself. I'm not a very happy person. Is a less severe attitude of self-loathing and dislike of people part of being an ISTJ, or is it just something unique to me on top of that?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

this is how i viewed the istj person i know's mind set...he covered it up with a massive ego...but underneath i believe that to be the truth of the situation.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP

Well, it's not about who you dislike, it's about who you like. =)

MBTI
    INTJ

Seek Help.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm the same way, I'm very pessimistic and not a fan of people at all.

You're not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Well, it's not about who you dislike, it's about who you like. =)
    I have about 3 friends whom I really like. Not as much as the rest of the planet but that's what I have. I dislike 90% of everyone else I see.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Seek Help.
    I tried pills but they made me worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    I'm the same way, I'm very pessimistic and not a fan of people at all.

You're not alone!
    That's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    this is how i viewed the istj person i know's mind set...he covered it up with a massive ego...but underneath i believe that to be the truth of the situation.
    Of course s/he would never tell you. s/he would think that if they ever let you know how they felt you'd mock and shame them. That believe further reinforces their negative opinion of you. It's a viscous cycle. They can't risk opening up, which makes them dislike you more, so they can't risk opening up...And the ego is probably a bluff, yeah..

MBTI
    ESFJ

Have you considered cognitive behaviour therapy?

I was a major depressive years back and the tablets just made me a zombie but i found a really good doctor who referred me to the best gentleman i had ever seen and he helped me out tremendously.

Just a thought.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ

Similar to me, humans are so incredibly irritating, selfish creatures. I have one friend i like and enjoy being around though, and think i am pretty close to him. About 3 more people i would consider close friends, though i do have to force myself to keep in touch with them to an extent. I think this is a semi-common perspective of many introverts, i think introverts are a fair bit more likely to become depressed as well unfortunately. :/

Do you like interacting with people online? If so, what makes it different/better to you?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

One of my best friends once told me that I had this special skill. My special skill is being able to pick out people's faults. As a result, although I can appreciate people and enjoy their company from time to time, there are very few people I actually truly care about and like. I am nice to pretty much everyone and most people like me, but it definently is not mutual. It's not to say my close friends do not have faults, clearly, rather something just clicked between us that made it work.
    "That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
    -Garden State