User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by chegra View Post
    Actually there is a correlation.

* Other personality traits being the same, an iNtuitive person (one who grasps patterns and seeks possibilities) is 27 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Sensing person (one who focuses on sensory details and the here-and-now).

* Again, other traits being the same, an Introverted person is 8 times more likely to have a high IQ than one who is Extraverted; a Thinking (logic-oriented) person is 2.5 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Feeling (people-oriented) person; and a Judging person (one who seeks closure) is about twice as likely to have a high IQ than a Perceiving person (one who likes to keep his options open).

Liberty Corner: IQ and Personality

The one thing that made me chuckle regarding that link was:

Think about that, then think of all those people out there who chatter mindlessly on their cell phones, watch TV incessantly (especially daytime TV and "reality" shows), "hang out", and just can't seem to "get it together". It's frightening to be surrounded by all those stupid people

I think it would interesting if it was that stupid person that saved your life one day in the street having gained the knowledge from day time TV. Never a doctor around when you need one.

It has also been mentioned on this site that IQ tests are more geared towards N's.

To quote your site again:
    And the people who make IQ tests are also people who enjoy puzzle solving, and who believe that puzzle solving is an important and valuable ability (i.e., they are passionate about puzzle solving, interpreted in a very general sense). Essentially, an IQ test measures the overlap between the passions of the test taker and the passions of the test maker.

So of course you are going to do better. Now i enjoy puzzle solving but only when i am in the mood for it. Hence the IQ of 114 depending on which test i do.

“I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

* Other personality traits being the same, an iNtuitive person (one who grasps patterns and seeks possibilities) is 27 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Sensing person (one who focuses on sensory details and the here-and-now).

* Again, other traits being the same, an Introverted person is 8 times more likely to have a high IQ than one who is Extraverted; a Thinking (logic-oriented) person is 2.5 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Feeling (people-oriented) person; and a Judging person (one who seeks closure) is about twice as likely to have a high IQ than a Perceiving person (one who likes to keep his options open).

Here we go with this bullshit again.

First of all that "source" is a political blog, and a very biased one at that. Judging by his "The Right Is Smarter Than The Left" entry, in which he just uses some faulty logic in linking MBTI to political affiliation and then concludes that Republicans are smarter than Democrats, this guy deserves little credibility.

This person provided no studies, no credible sources, nothing. MBTI is a faulty categorization system, and to top it off IQ tests are faulty too because they horribly biased towards those who can recognize patterns (like intuitives) in the first place. So is recognizing patterns the key to having a successful life? Does it make you smart? No. IQ tests do a shitty job of measuring other types of intelligence. All they really measure is how well you're able to take the test.

OP: It sounds like you just have relationship issues in general, ISFJ women or not, looking at your second post. When will people learn that relationships are about compromise? There's no room for selfishness in a relationship. If an ISFJ cares for you enough, they will change. It just takes them a while sometimes. In fact, they'd probably bend over backwards for you if they loved you enough, because that's just how they are.

Granted, you shouldn't have to just conform to their wishes all the time, but you need to make some changes, too. If you're not mature enough to do that, than either create a clone of yourself and marry it, or don't be in a relationship at all. I know you don't want to be a "doormat," but you shouldn't expect anyone else to be either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    Here we go with this bullshit again.
    Isn't it all just bullshit. But there are certain underlying assumptions like mbti and iq is not faulty.

But yea a cleaner source:
    The Relationship of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to IQ Level and the Fluid and Crystallized IQ Discrepancy on the Kaufman Adolescent and Adult Intelligence Test (KAIT) -- Kaufman et al. 3 (3): 225 -- Assessment
    Join my gamma group on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....id=63943661343
    Thats if you are either ENTJ, ISFJ, ESFP or INTP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'm curious as to how they measured these scores and how many of each MBTI type took the test. Was the test optional to take, or was it mandatory? If it was optional, it would make sense that a larger population of NT's would be willing to take it, since we characteristically feel a need to validate ourselves. Too bad you have to pay to find out...

Also, they're trying to measure something as faulty as MBTI in the first place. That should raise a couple of red flags for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

Wow, there is a lot of ISFJ bashing (more specifically SJ's...but still)! I think it's important to remember that personality type does NOT define people. We each have our own personalities and experiences that help make us who we are. And there is such a thing as emotional intelligence as well as intellectual intelligence. I am an ISFJ and I know a few ISFJ's and we are all over the map in intellectual intellegence. My sister is an ISFJ and never finished high school. I have been accepted with a full ride scholarship to law school. My son's stepmother is an ISFJ with a double major in Psychology and Engineering and is extremely intelligent. My ex-husband is an ISFJ and has been working in a toilet paper factory for over 10 years. Our personality type does not define our intelligence.

I feel like I need to stick up a little for ISFJ's here. Also, stereotyping ISFJ's as controlling and needy or doormats is like sterotyping a specific ethnicity as lazy (incorrect!). My INFP husband could never be with someone who is controlling...he does his own thing and he wouldn't have it any other way. I am nobody's doormat. I am kind and compassionate and empathetic, but I can also see through bullshit and call it for what it is. I wouldn't take advantage of other people and I am not someone who lets other people take advantage of them. With regard to our "niceness" at first wearing off, I think that is a matter of perspective. Anytime you get to know someone, their not so pretty side comes out. And EVERYONE has a not so pretty side or a "shadow" side. EVERYONE has skeletons in their closets. Isn't that why they say "familiarity breeds contempt?" I don't recall the saying being "ISFJ's and familiarity breed contempt."

If someone has an abrasive personality (like the original poster), I am not going to be their best friend. I will try to find the good in them (like I do with everyone), and focus on that - especially if I have to be around them at work, but they are going to grate on mine (or ANYONE's nerves.)

I don't understand how ISFJs can be characterized as doormats, yet controlling. If we give in and do it your way, we are doormats? If we want to do it our way, we are controlling? Someone should make up their mind! Personally, I try to find middle ground that works for both people. I like schedules and knowing what I'll be doing ahead of time. My INFP husband is laid back, you can call him on a Saturday afternoon at 7pm to see if he wants to do something at 8pm and he's fine with that. 90% of the time, I would turn down the invitation...I usually already have plans that I've made ahead of time. So I try to be more flexible and he tries to plan ahead. We are individuals, not labels. It's wrong to stereotype "ISFJ females" (or any other personality type and gender) into one category!

Go ISFJs!!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

You tell 'em, Lambchop.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Which is more likely to lock their keys in the car and walk into furniture?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Regardless of any sort of validity... what if IQ was designed to test for intelligence as expressed by IN** people? Is that really intelligence or is it bigger than that?

(Not a lot different than designing a test for people from one culture and then saying people from another culture aren't as smart because they didn't do as well.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ

Interesting, so INTJ > INTP. The folks at INTJf and INTPc are going to go nuts on this.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    ISFJs drive me mad, and I've explained why this is before... Still, I can't bring myself to hate them because they're so freaking selfless, helpful, and willing.

*shakes his fist at the sky*
    Well, its not so comforting know that your cause discomfort in others...just by steriotype. I feel like I'm gonna walk into a thread and everyones gonna yell "ISFJ, RUNNNN!!" and then all the cookies i brought for enjoyment will be wasted
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.