User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INXX

Hmmm, sure seems like the logical INTPs are making a lot of logical fallacies in this thread - small samples, overgeneralizations...

You guys sure are getting emotional!

If this is what focusing on MBTI does to people, I don't see it as a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Also, I think that type is related to intelligence to some degree. For instance, I'm an INFJ. That means I'm dumber than all the NT's (which I understand and accept), as smart or slightly smarter than most other NF types, can be smarter or dumber than an SJ depending on their age, skill set, and subject. I am smarter than SP's excluding ISTP's, who are sometimes slighter smarter or dumber.
    I wouldn't generalise that. Of course it is right that intelligent are often NT's because their abilities make them be an intellectual. But many people don't conform to such theories and are flexible. For example Introverted Feeling doesn't have anything to do with dumbness. You just feel yourself. Also I don't value intelligent people who act like shit. I will respect them but I won't talk to them. Intelligence is unimportant, personality is important. I have a neutral view on anything but I don't act Thinking. I don't care about superiority, many intelligent people suck at emotional intelligence. People are different but they should be equal. No-one should be punished for their own personal believes.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

My parents are ENTP and ISFJ, and a couple in my social circle is ISFJ and INXP. You guys just seem to really like ISFJs, and the reason for it, from what I can see is the dependability and warm nature. ISFJs are like the perfect mothers imo: warm, nurturing, consistent, organized and devoted. And it seems that NTP males crave that in their women, especially the devotion and nurturing, perhaps even the grounding. I know my father would be nowhere without my mom organizing their life around him and his quirks. With the other couple it's the INXP that takes care of big life changing stuff as it freaks her out, and once she's digested it, it's the ISFJ that organizes the daily stuff and takes care of the details.

One note though: both couples suffer incredibly from communication issues. It's a gap that seems very hard to bridge.

Edit: as for your inexplicable desire to get into their pants: consider yourself pheromoned! Don't bother fighting it, pheromones cause you to have an irresistable desire to display a certain behaviour
    Last edited by Amargith; 05-15-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFJ

I can not be arsed to quote everybody here but i must agree that i personally find something very intriguing with NT's .. I am learning to spot you lot from a mile off .. Which is great, but at the same time there is something about you that makes me want to scream with frustration .. lol.

I think the problem is that when you first meet someone, you are more reserved in your criticisms. Obviously you let things slide. The more you are around these people, well then the cracks seem to show.

Its a shame .. You are super cool people.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I read through this whole thread from the very beginning. Seems if opposites attract they also repel. Personally I could never stand conflict so if someone seems to bring out the worst in you then it better to turn and RUN!!! lol

Now more seriously I find NT's very smart and that is attractive, but then again I would think SFs would need to get their emotional needs met.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MC2456 View Post
    Are any of the threads on ISFJ people are positive? I almost start feeling bad just being an ISFJ person.MC
    SJ's usually get a bashing on here .. You just learn to roll your eyes and take no notice ..

I think that may be the balance we need to find .. Someone who we find intellectually stimulating whilst being emotional in tune with us .. Shite, does this person even exist???? Anybody
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Step mom is ISFJ - lived with her since the age of 8. It was interesting. I remember her talking about my ESFP mom and my siblings and saying she didn't get at all why we liked to play games all the time. She had very rigid beliefs and thought that they were truths, not beliefs. She had to convince herself that she loved my siblings as much as she loved her kids. Very concerned with fairness and thinks she gets people.

She always kept the house nice and had meals on the table for 8 people. She worked really hard to keep the house working. Overall she was good and loving, I just wish she had been a little more open to people who weren't like her.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

...mmm.... ISFJs...

I just want to say that relating type to intelligence is proof of a naivete that comes with being not as smart as one things one is. Just sayin'...

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I just want to say that relating type to intelligence is proof of a naivete that comes with being not as smart as one things one is. Just sayin'...
    Actually there is a correlation.

* Other personality traits being the same, an iNtuitive person (one who grasps patterns and seeks possibilities) is 27 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Sensing person (one who focuses on sensory details and the here-and-now).

* Again, other traits being the same, an Introverted person is 8 times more likely to have a high IQ than one who is Extraverted; a Thinking (logic-oriented) person is 2.5 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Feeling (people-oriented) person; and a Judging person (one who seeks closure) is about twice as likely to have a high IQ than a Perceiving person (one who likes to keep his options open).

Liberty Corner: IQ and Personality
    Join my gamma group on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....id=63943661343
    Thats if you are either ENTJ, ISFJ, ESFP or INTP