User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

I've dated quite a few ISFJ women. They always make me want to pull my hair out. Yet, l'm attracted to them more than the other types. It's like I'm very slow to develop any feelings and even when I do, I rarely show it. ISFJs are generally warm and affectionate people. I know I'm looking for qualities I don't have, within them.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I don't get what we do that's so bad. I guess I'm clueless about this.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I don't get what we do that's so bad. I guess I'm clueless about this.
    I've noticed sometimes there are things that other people do that drive me nuts, make me want to pull my hair out, etc. I'm guessing I do things that annoy people just the same. I guess that's what you're seeing here; a bunch of people complaining about things they've seen other ISFJs do that turn them off. I'm still curious how much of it is verifiably type-related though.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I'll give you an example of what I mean. I was on the train with my girlfriend, sitting in a slack position. In a bitchy tone - so, not jokingly - she told me "You always sit slack you'll look like an homeless person!". I told her "If you think this, get away from this seat, now, and leave this homeless person fucking alone and get yourself somebody else, and let me do whatever I want to do, okay?".
    That's like something I'd say, and that's why I could never be with an SJ.
    Male SJs don't take kindly to backtalk from their wimmunz.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I'm still curious how much of it is verifiably type-related though.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. A lot of it sounds gender related to me, not necessarily type related.

MBTI
    INFJ

Perhaps. ISFJ make great parents. They are very loving. I heard that many T males are attracted to this type because some think that they can take advantage of them and get away with it. In some cases they do. I know most ISFJ or ISFP in a relationship that act as a pedestal wife or husband. The spouse would go off doing their business with someone else, then come home without the ISFJ or ISFP knowing.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hang View Post
    Perhaps. ISFJ make great parents. They are very loving. I heard that many T males are attracted to this type because some think that they can take advantage of them and get away with it. In some cases they do. I know most ISFJ or ISFP in a relationship that act as a pedestal wife or husband. The spouse would go off doing their business with someone else, then come home without the ISFJ or ISFP knowing.
    Is that really just an ISFJ/P thing though? I would be REALLY shocked if it is. I thought the whole being a pedestal wife/husband was just a love thing, not a type thing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Also, I think that type is related to intelligence to some degree. For instance, I'm an INFJ. That means I'm dumber than all the NT's (which I understand and accept), as smart or slightly smarter than most other NF types, can be smarter or dumber than an SJ depending on their age, skill set, and subject. I am smarter than SP's excluding ISTP's, who are sometimes slighter smarter or dumber.
    OK, it's easy to think this. I thought this at one point. I can tell you for sure that "intelligence" is NOT equal to cognitive proccess. It may be that certain cognitive processes (ex. Ti + Ne) may tend to attract people to certain subjects (ex. theoretical physics), but it has nothing to say about innate ability. If you suck at math, you suck at math, no matter what cognitive processes you "prefer." (btw, I can offer TONS of "exceptions" to your assertion. Here's one: INFP female best friend is getting her PhD from stanford in physical chemistry.)

Also, intelligence is a loaded term. I've always wondered what people mean when they say they're looking for intelligence in a mate. Does this mean the ability to learn new skills quickly? The ability to store enormous quantities of trivia with minimal effort? The ablilty to memorize entire symphonies after one hearing?

I think you need to think more deeply about what intelligence is, and what "thinking" is and "feeling." A better understanding of what these processes are will help you distinguish them from your perceptions of intelligence. From where I'm standing, being an ENFP does NOT make me any less intelligent than my INTP peers (and I've blown enough minds to back that up).

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Also, intelligence is a loaded term. I've always wondered what people mean when they say they're looking for intelligence in a mate. Does this mean the ability to learn new skills quickly? The ability to store enormous quantities of trivia with minimal effort? The ablilty to memorize entire symphonies after one hearing?
    It might mean they are looking for a mate who doesn't spend a lot of time drooling or staring at a banana with wide eyes saying "yellow...yellow...yello nana. hee hee hee *giggle*"

Now, personally, I would find that totally HOT and definitely look for it in a girl, but some guys wouldn't, ya know?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    istp

I dated an ISFJ woman once.

After meeting a couple ISFJ men I come to realize that IxSJs can clash big time once we get personal with the IxTPs. And it's the IxSJ's fault because they have a need to be dominant in their relationships. When someone is stepping out of line they stomp on them. No offense but ISxJ's would be perfect Hitler SS Soldiers, marching to no end to preserve a tyrant's thought. ISTPs are the ones that assassinate the guardians, because we see not the evil but the support for the possibility of evil.

You guys are really great people you ISTJ or ISFJ, good government types.