User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

Tell him to man up!!!!

Seriously- sometimes in life you got to do what doesn't come naturally.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Thanks everyone, what can i do to help my ISTJ see this as a necessity that he needs to just go along with for the sake of the bigger picture
    Well I guess it would depend on just what it is he "needs" to just go along with.
    Slander? Complete disrespect? Playing games?

Sorry, but the bigger picture really isn't worth this kind of shit!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Thanks everyone, what can i do to help my ISTJ see this as a necessity that he needs to just go along with for the sake of the bigger picture
    By "selling yourself" you mean of marketing yourself at job interviews?

Of course there's point in showing the best of yourself to the people who will decide your future. But ISTJs don't do this naturally, and doing something you don't like may really get you into awkward situations.

So tell him that job interview is a competition between the job applicants, and the interviewers can't possibly see everything about you. They only see what you show them, and what they can see through you. So failing to show your good qualities is failing at job interview.

And maybe it could be easier to tell what's important to this ISTJ worker, rather than trying to tell how good he is.

For example: "I think that the team spirit within the team is one of the most important things within the team. When a team member can fully trust his team mates, he will feel less stressed and will perform better. That's why I think it's important to maintain a good team spirit". I think that would be far more efficient that just saying: "I'm a good team worker and know how to motivate my co-workers."
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bcvcdc View Post
    Well I guess it would depend on just what it is he "needs" to just go along with.
    Slander? Complete disrespect? Playing games?

Sorry, but the bigger picture really isn't worth this kind of shit!
    Exactly.

As years go by, more and more I hate materialism and it's effects on people's lives...people think they need to bend themselves to do "what must me done" without realizing if the reasons it must be done really are paramount or not. Money seems to be the end with various means to get there. People overestimate the importance of having a lot of money in life imo.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Exactly.

As years go by, more and more I hate materialism and it's effects on people's lives...people think they need to bend themselves to do "what must me done" without realizing if the reasons it must be done really are paramount or not. Money seems to be the end with various means to get there. People overestimate the importance of having a lot of money in life imo.
    Money is a very necessary means to an end. So I'll come out of my comfort zone to show off a little if it helps.

There's a line to be drawn, however. I won't do it for the sake of putting me in a place where I believe it's excess. So I'm very content with having just enough material wise, and being relatively comfortable. If I have to sell myself for that I'll put in the work. But to sing and dance just to get a corner office and few more thousand dollars, along with the added stress? No thanks.