• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ask an ISFJ 1.0!

Foxxi

MBTI Type
ISFP
Clique question, but how do you ISFJs act when you like someone romantically?
I'm interested in an ISFJ guy...:wubbie:

I would love if you could give specific examples, or maybe examples from your past experiences?
Thanks! c:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clique question, but how do you ISFJs act when you like someone romantically?
I'm interested in an ISFJ guy...:wubbie:

I would love if you could give specific examples, or maybe examples from your past experiences?
Thanks! c:

Hmm...depends on his confidence level. Back when I had none at all, I was entirely too shy to talk to her and would often end up only hoping she would notice me or that maybe her and I might find ourselves next to each other and THEN she'd notice me (Needless to say, I was single for a very long time). If she did show interest in me, I would respond and try to be as sweet/gentlemanly/accommodating as I can. ISFJs often measure and express themselves by what they do for people, not just what they say.

However, now that I have more confidence in myself, now I approach her and just say, "Hi! My name.." and go from there. I try to be as polite as I can, I take an interest in everything you're saying, and I'll smile at you A LOT.

In other words, it'll be blithely obvious.

My advice: Go after him! ISFJ males can be kind of demure and if he isn't showing any interest in you, its not that he may or may not find you interesting, he may just be oblivious to your attraction. You don't have to come on really strong and say or do something like, "Hi, I really like you!" or something like that, just go talk to him. If he really engages you, then he probably thinks your interesting.

Truth be told, I respond the strongest to SPs and the goofy, happy-go-lucky way you guys can be :)

Good luck!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do ISFJs ever start acting like INTPs when they develop their Ti and Ne?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I am an INTP.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ISFJs ever start acting like INTPs when they develop their Ti and Ne?

I can pretend to be one, and maybe even come off as one at first glance (and vice versa I've been told) but I am and will always be a pale imitation of an INTP, nothing more

Foxxi

MBTI Type
ISFP
If she did show interest in me, I would respond and try to be as sweet/gentlemanly/accommodating as I can. ISFJs often measure and express themselves by what they do for people, not just what they say.

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm just wondering if ISFJs could be called "fickle" when it comes to romance and the like...will they jump right in before thinking much about something as serious as a relationship, or will they slowly make sure that "this is really what they want"?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks so much for your reply! I'm just wondering if ISFJs could be called "fickle" when it comes to romance and the like...will they jump right in before thinking much about something as serious as a relationship, or will they slowly make sure that "this is really what they want"?

I am not fickle in the sense that I switch partners frequently but I am the dive in before thinking much type (assuming I really like them). I'm also unsure if I'm xSFJ or xSFP so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can pretend to be one, and maybe even come off as one at first glance (and vice versa I've been told) but I am and will always be a pale imitation of an INTP, nothing more

truly, its impossible not to recognize an isfj from that look you all have in your eyes.

but i did arrive here with a question as well: what is the purpose of life?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I am not fickle in the sense that I switch partners frequently but I am the dive in before thinking much type (assuming I really like them). I'm also unsure if I'm xSFJ or xSFP so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Giggly and I are very much the same in this respect. I don't switch partners frequently but I can (and have) swan dived into relationships without giving them too much thought (or the wrong kind of thoughts. I focus on only the good and not the bad).

If I am timid about getting involved with someone, its because I'm feeling insecure or disinterested about something and that something could be anything: Me, you, my life situation, whatever.

truly, its impossible not to recognize an isfj from that look you all have in your eyes.

As I said, only at first glance ;)

Purpose of life? The answer to that I think will depend on ones philosophical/religious outlook on life. I personally don't feel there is an "objective" purpose to life except to live. Beyond that, its up to you.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How should I help my ISFJ mom prepare for retirement? (It's still a couple of years to come, but she's dreading it because she will feel unneeded and useless, which will drive her crazy)

She doesn't really have her own hobbies and she loves doing things for people, like when she's stressed out, she goes shopping for me :huh: I know it's very sweet, but I don't think it's ultimately healthy, because she needs to start doing things for herself too, you know...

:blush:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

To perpetuate our species and rule the universe. :)

How should I help my ISFJ mom prepare for retirement? (It's still a couple of years to come, but she's dreading it because she will feel unneeded and useless, which will drive her crazy)

She doesn't really have her own hobbies and she loves doing things for people, like when she's stressed out, she goes shopping for me :huh: I know it's very sweet, but I don't think it's ultimately healthy, because she needs to start doing things for herself too, you know...

:blush:

Tell her how happy it makes you when she shops for herself.
Start talking to her about hobbies she can adopt.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To perpetuate our species and rule the universe. :)

Join me, and together I will make your face the greatest in the galaxy! All hail Darth Giggly! All hail Darth Giggly!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Join me, and together I will make your face the greatest in the galaxy! All hail Darth Giggly! All hail Darth Giggly!

:vader1:

Yeah and then everyone will have to kiss My ring.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I dated an ISFJ and yes they do often jump in without thinking. It was puzzling at first because this ISFJ was so "solid" with everything else and I mistook that to transfer over to his feelings but man, no. It was shocking.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dated an ISFJ and yes they do often jump in without thinking. It was puzzling at first because this ISFJ was so "solid" with everything else and I mistook that to transfer over to his feelings but man, no. It was shocking.

We don't do that with just anybody, you know. Just sayin'.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh. I know. I think ISFJ's have a real shadow life they don't let most people see. When they show it, it can be like you met another person and that can be disorienting. I think that's when ISFJ Ne comes into play. I got lots of wild suggestions, almost fairy tale optimism. He sort of jumped around a lot with his emotions. All positive but it was as if a damn broke and they flooded out at once. I was just trying to keep up. :)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh. I know. I think ISFJ's have a real shadow life they don't let most people see. When they show it, it can be like you met another person and that can be disorienting. I think that's when ISFJ Ne comes into play. I got lots of wild suggestions, almost fairy tale optimism. He sort of jumped around a lot with his emotions. All positive but it was as if a damn broke and they flooded out at once. I was just trying to keep up. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Oh I see. hahaha

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Darth isfj is the scariest concepts I've encountered in awhile lol

Anyway, I had 1 isfj girlfriend and I liked her a lot and she me. What I have encounted (or felt) with other isfjs is that they would not date me seriously because I was not religious. Is this true? If so, where can I find more agnostic or whatever isfjs?