• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ask an ISFJ 1.0!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hi ISFJs

i hear you guys and girls like gossip

is this true

I don't know about other ISFJ's but I grew up with a gossipy sister who got herself and other people into lots of trouble due to her gossiping so that sort of put me off to gossip. It might be part of the reason why I'm such a private person and have a high respect for others privacy. That said, it is nice to find someone you trust enough to gossip with them (who is interested as well). I don't have that.

Little Laura

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Two
I definetly love gossip. But not because I want to tell other people. I like to know things because it helps me to understand people better. Or maybe that just is what I tell myself to help me sleep at night. LOL.
I also can talk alot of shit....I am not someone you want to piss off because I have stored up a shit storm of crap about you....so....yeah....but if you don't...I'll be loyal until the end. :D

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hi ISFJs,

Why do you complain about doing something yet do it anyways (and you seem to enjoy it too!)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi ISFJs,

Why do you complain about doing something yet do it anyways (and you seem to enjoy it too!)

Usually it's because it's something we feel needs to get done and nobody else is doing it and...well, god damn it, someone has to do it!

As for enjoying it after the fact, that's only because I'm proud of myself because of the work I've accomplished.

Cloudblue said:
ISFJ´s...

Do you get mad easily?

I get annoyed or irritated easily but that comes and goes but it takes a lot to get me really pissed off. Once I am though, get out of my way because I become an extremely nasty person to be around when I'm REALLY pissed off and it always takes me a while to cool off (unless of course you're a woman who's being sweet to me. Then my social sensibilities kick in and I force myself to calm down :D ).

Warm

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Noooooooooooooooooo! Bring this thread back from the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so, um, I just wanted a little attention for ISFJs.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Noooooooooooooooooo! Bring this thread back from the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so, um, I just wanted a little attention for ISFJs.

Aww, there there pumpkin I still think you're special :hug:

Question to my fellow ISFJs: Am I the only one who gets so into my own head that I sometimes whisper my thoughts out loud to myself, or is that just because I have mild-Asperger's Syndrome? :shock:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

:hi:

Aww, there there pumpkin I still think you're special :hug:

Question to my fellow ISFJs: Am I the only one who gets so into my own head that I sometimes whisper my thoughts out loud to myself, or is that just because I have mild-Asperger's Syndrome? :shock:

I do and it makes me look like I'm talking to myself out in public all the time.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ooh! ooh! I have a question! :hi:

for mother's day and now father's day I've gotten stuck in the middle of a battle of wills between an ISFJ and an ISTJ... my mother insists that NOBODY should be alone on a holiday when they're invited somewhere and that it's just sad... the man insists that as an orphan he should have the day off to sulk... my mother invariably wins :shock:

I never win on that consistant of a basis... do you guys have super amazing stubborn super powers or something? :huh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

for mother's day and now father's day I've gotten stuck in the middle of a battle of wills between an ISFJ and an ISTJ... my mother insists that NOBODY should be alone on a holiday when they're invited somewhere and that it's just sad... the man insists that as an orphan he should have the day off to sulk... my mother invariably wins :shock:

I never win on that consistant of a basis... do you guys have super amazing stubborn super powers or something? :huh:

I dunno. lol

As for the issue, I think it depends on the person and what they want but I would give them options and if they really choose to be alone I would just check in with them once to make sure they don't feel lonely.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
she'll do the "you can do what you want" thing with the feeling left out there that "you'd be better off getting to be around people who care" :laugh:

she even puts forth the argument "you can take a nap even if you want!"

_dp

MBTI Type
enfj
Enneagram
1w2
Dear ISFJs
What's your opinion on being (arguably) the ideal type for the caring, protective, loving mother in today's society? Does it gripe you, or do you think you fit it well?? Do they ISFJs males resent this stereotype?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
she'll do the "you can do what you want" thing with the feeling left out there that "you'd be better off getting to be around people who care" :laugh:

she even puts forth the argument "you can take a nap even if you want!"

Hahaha Oh dear. :doh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear ISFJs
What's your opinion on being (arguably) the ideal type for the caring, protective, loving mother in today's society? Does it gripe you, or do you think you fit it well?? Do they ISFJs males resent this stereotype?

I think it's great and I think it fits for ISFJ mothers.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Dear ISFJs,

1/ Do you consider yourself ambitious?

2/ Are you attracted to ambitious/powerful/domineering people?

3/ Do you think there have been times when you've been in self-denial, and if so, do you have an example?

4/ What is your reaction towards stereotypes, routine and clichés?

5/ Do you consider yourself to be the ultimate conformist?

6/ Do you consider yourself a perfectionist? Why? How?

7/ Does elitism scare you?

8/ Have some people already complained in the past you were "dull", "bland", or that you had a "bad artistic taste"? -3 questions-
What was your reaction, then?

9/ Do you think you can experience sudden feelings of epiphany at random? Has it already happened, somehow?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Personally I'd find myself questioning your boyfriends real motives (the reasons he gave sound incredibly dishonest to me, no offense to your man). It would also depend on two other things

1) If your parents are delightful people to be around. If they're not, then I can understand his reluctance to spend time with them
2) Whether or not you'll be spending time with your parents as a result of your b/f's actions.

If my daughter's SO was insisting not on spending anytime with us because of the reasons he gave, yeah I'd dig my heels in and insist that he spend time with us. So to answer your question, yes we can :D

_dp said:
Dear ISFJs

The stereotype doesn't bother me at all, though I'm not so sure we make "ideal" parents. While I certainly think that well-balanced ISFJs make great parents, I have read on these forums and others horror stories from people with ISFJ parents.

Blackmail! said:
1/ Do you consider yourself ambitious?

2/ Are you attracted to ambitious/powerful/domineering people?

3/ Do you think there have been times when you've been in self-denial, and if so, do you have an example?

4/ What is your reaction towards stereotypes, routine and clichés?

5/ Do you consider yourself to be the ultimate conformist?

6/ Do you consider yourself a perfectionist? Why? How?

7/ Does elitism scare you?

8/ Have some people already complained in the past you were "dull", "bland", or that you had a "bad artistic taste"? -3 questions-
What was your reaction, then?

9/ Do you think you can experience sudden feelings of epiphany at random? Has it already happened, somehow?

1) To some degree, I have high hopes of getting married and having kids someday and as such I want to make sure that I have a career that can support them. Beyond that, not really no.
2) An emphatic YES. Women who are in or take positions of authority are incredibly attractive to me. That being said, it depends on the woman though. I like my women really tough, but to also have a gentle side as well :wubbie:
3) Yes, when I try to convince myself that I'm over someone when I'm really not. An example would be my current crush. I've made great strides in moving away from her emotionally but I know I'm lying to myself when I say I don't care anymore.
4) I think they can be useful but that often they're not entirely accurate 99% of the time.
5) Not the ultimate, but pretty close. I always try to follow the rules as best I can, makes things much easier I feel.
6) Yes I do, and I think it's because I greatly value how people think of me and whenever I screw up, I feel like I've let someone down (besides myself that is)
7) Not really, it annoys me more than anything, even from the people for whom it's well earned. Show some class people!
8) I've been accused of being really dull and I always felt kind of helpless and a little self conscious afterwords. I mean, I can't really change who I am...but I also want to be well liked and thought of as respectable so I end up not knowing what to do and brooding over it...until I eventually drop it and forget about it.
9) I'm sure it's possible but I can't remember any that didn't come after the result of a lot of introspection on my part.