• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ask an ISFJ 1.0!

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Dear ISFJs,

Where have you all been hiding this whole time?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Samurai said:
Dear ISFJs,
Do you enjoy talking about yourselves?

Yes I do as a matter of fact, though I'll usually keep information about me to myself until someone asks.

ehastin1 said:
amen to post above. i wonder if all isfj's have realized this about people...including ourselves

Yep. Discovered this little aspect when I read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" years and years ago. I love being a listener so I've discovered that it's really easy to get people to like you if you focus the conversation on them :yes:

Samurai said:
Dear ISFJs,

Where have you all been hiding this whole time?

Saturday I had to drive down to Orlando to help move my mother out of her apartment and then that evening (yesterday evening) I went out dancing for 4 straight hours and had a GREAT time! :yay:

And the today I had to work.

Humblest apologies sir :cry:

Warm

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Saturday I had to drive down to Orlando to help move my mother out of her apartment and then that evening (yesterday evening) I went out dancing for 4 straight hours and had a GREAT time! :yay:

I'm in Florida and you didn't stop by to see me! How DARE you, Tink?!!!!!:steam:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Dear ISFJs,

I hear ISFJ is the best type, do you find this true?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hi ISFJs,

Do you feel the need to vent often to a personal confidant?

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have a few questions for female ISFJs:

1) Where are you?

2) How come I have not met any of you yet?

3) Do you actually exist?

4) How do you know for sure?

Little Laura

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Two

1) Where are you?

1) I am in SW Ontario, although I may be moving back to NW Ontario in a few months...we shall see...

2) ISFJs sometimes have a tendency to blend into the background. We aren't the sort of people to come out and be like "HELLO. I AM HERE. LOOK AT ME!" Unless of course you've gotten to know us...then its a whole different ballgame.

3) I sure hope so. Otherwise...this has been some crazy fucked up dream....

4) I don't. That is the problem.......

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

1) Where are you?

Yeah I wonder where all the male ISFJ's are too. I want to meet some.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So... Any advice on helping an ISFJ cool down when they've gotten worked up? I mean, we NTs aren't the best at social interaction. See: Awkward Mad Scientist.

Little Laura

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Two
So... Any advice on helping an ISFJ cool down when they've gotten worked up? I mean, we NTs aren't the best at social interaction. See: Awkward Mad Scientist.

Hmm....I usually cool down best when a person is able to make a joke about it (kind of showing me how ridiculous I am being) and we have laugh which breaks alot of tension, then is able to acknowledge that I am upset, clearly, and let's me explain why or shows that they understand why.
But sometimes...I just need to be left the fuck alone...until I am ready to talk about it (if I so choose to) Because sometimes I know what I am upset about isn't that big of a deal and I just need to get over it alone. That's just me though!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(Didn't read through the whole thread but,...)

How often do you feel like you don't even want to bother dealing with "people?" Not talking about shyness, social awkwardness, personal space, alone time, etc. Talking about a "souring-away" from other people.

Last edited:

Warm

MBTI Type
ISFJ

How often do you feel like you don't even want to bother dealing with "people?" Not talking about shyness, social awkwardness, or other things, talking about a "souring-away" from other people.
Every weekday I rather eat alone and get irritated when someone comes into the teacher's lounge and decides to have a conversation with me.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

How often do you feel like you don't even want to bother dealing with "people?" Not talking about shyness, social awkwardness, personal space, alone time, etc. Talking about a "souring-away" from other people.

Not often as I generally like people but every now and then, particularily after a lively day of getting yelled at by tenants/owners/random people, I just want to crawl into a hole somewhere and tell the rest of the world to take a flying leap and a rolling donut.

Warm

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Not often as I generally like people but every now and then, particularily after a lively day of getting yelled at by tenants/owners/random people, I just want to crawl into a hole somewhere and tell the rest of the world to take a flying leap and a rolling donut.
Next time someone yells at you, tell them to have a Coke and a smile. :smile:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have only felt this once in my life and I kind of regret it now because it caused a lot of hurt for others and for me. I'm introverted but I need people in my life. Very much. People are enriching and what makes life colorful for me. I can get overwhelmed easily in groups and that's why I do best in one-on-one situations.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
hi ISFJs

i hear you guys and girls like gossip

is this true