• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ask an ISFJ 1.0!

Snow Turtle

What do ISFJs think of those horrible questions such as:

"Your parent/spouse is drowning. Who do you save?"

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What do ISFJs think of those questions such as:

"Your mother/father/husband/wife is drowning. Who do you save?"

I think that's a silly question to ask in theory because no one will ever know the answer until they're faced with it. It's a gut level thing. I hope no one ever has to decide this though :(

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear JTG,

Hmm, that's a hard one. I'm gonna go with fuck off. ;)

With love,
Giggly

And that is why I love you! :D

Kay, seriousness-ness for the ISFJ ladies;

If you have ever experienced any form of depression and/or anxiety, what are the best and most helpful things that people around you can do to ease pressure and help you find your inner 'happy'? Any idea of the best approach specifically in a well wishing colleague category as opposed to bestest buds would be good :)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ISFJs - why do you often get into romantic relationships with introverted guys-girls that almost invariably end up being stagnant?

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
ISFJs - why do you often get into romantic relationships with introverted guys-girls that almost invariably end up being stagnant?

I don't date introverts for that very reason.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
BAHAHAHA! I knew you'd agree with me as I was writing it!

I do I do.

ISFJs

What do you feel is the difference between you and me, the ISTJ?

Hmm, the ISTJ's that I know are less emotional than ISFJ's. They're seem to have a thicker skin and are more controlled with their feelings. They're just highly logical.

Supposedly we are the worst possible match! Both in MBTI and in Socionics.

ENTP + ISFJ =
comp26.gif

(...the computer is the ENTP)

What do you think about that? or better yet, what have you experiences been with ENTPs?

I have one ENTP friend and we get along sooo well, it's shocking. I was floored when I found out that he was ENTP. I was like, that's just not possible :shock: lol I guess theory is sometimes really wrong.

Dear ISFJs,

How are you different from ISFPs?

Do you think you're better or worse human beings?

ISFP's read fiction and write poetry, ISFJ's don't. ;)
We both have our good points and bad points.

Which do ISFJ treat better: Family or Close Friends?

Whoever treats me well.

What do ISFJs think of those horrible questions such as:

"Your parent/spouse is drowning. Who do you save?"

They are terrible but I answer anyway and give my reasons and then somebody gets pissed at me.

And that is why I love you! :D

Kay, seriousness-ness for the ISFJ ladies;

If you have ever experienced any form of depression and/or anxiety, what are the best and most helpful things that people around you can do to ease pressure and help you find your inner 'happy'? Any idea of the best approach specifically in a well wishing colleague category as opposed to bestest buds would be good :)

If it's just a colleague only it might be difficult to help the ISFJ find their inner "happy" but at that level just talking to him/her will do wonders. ISFJ's like to be listened to.

I've only been in two relationships and they just happened to be with introverts. I didn't plan it!

I could say that I like the familiarity of introversion more but the truth is that I have no experience with extroverts so I can't say much about what it would be like with one.

Windigo

Okay, I have some questions.

Are ISFJs often naughty on the inside where no one else can see it?

Are they sort of rebellious behind the scenes when they are teens?

Do most ISFJs marry young?

Do ISFJs always ignore advice to follow their hearts? Even when painful results are inevitable? How do you heal a relationship once you've irritated them?

I keep hearing that ISFJs and ENTJs are supposed to be a match made in heaven do you find this is true?

Windigo

I know so many girls who fall in this category . . . and yet they stay married and bravely suffer in silence? I'd like to know the answer to this one as well.

ehastin1

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i have an entj best friend he is my other half..........we both go to different college and dont talk to each other regularly but its because we both know how the other is and how close we are regardless....i'd say its a match made in heaven

also i recently met an entj girl and we are really tight too....but nothing romantic comes up we just understand each other well

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi ISFJs, I didn't know you had a question-answering thread too...
Are you generally optimistic?

I'm asking this because the two ENTPs I know are extremely optimistic, to the point of sillyness. Also because I once (before I knew of MBTI) created a fiction character to be "my total opposite - he's shy, traditional, pessimistic..." and turned out afterwards to be an ISFJ too.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1

I'm asking this because the two ENTPs I know are extremely optimistic, to the point of sillyness. Also because I once (before I knew of MBTI) created a fiction character to be "my total opposite - he's shy, traditional, pessimistic..." and turned out afterwards to be an ISFJ too.

I'm not shy nor traditional but I'm definitely pessimistic.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not shy nor traditional but I'm definitely pessimistic.

Forgive me if I'm totally wrong here, but I got the impression you'd listed your type as ISFJ as some sort of running joke.

Are you actually ISFJ?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had no idea, really. I can't remember where I got the impression that he wasn't ISFJ; something in my mind has just labeled him as having a joke type displayed on his profile. I guess I had him confused with someone else.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

YAY! :headphne:

.....:devil:

I don't consider myself a prude at all, though I've been told by outside observers that apparently I give off the appearance of being prude as I'm not very flirtatious or anything like that.

Which I consider to be decidedly untrue, or at least that's what I think. I think the way I talk to woman is polite and respectful and I try to refrain from being vulgar. I'm probably just being too polite about it and coming off as asexual or something.

I guess I'm just doing it wrong :nerd:

When I was in high school I wore great big baggy jeans, listened to loud heavy metal music and drove like a maniac behind the wheel...

...but was otherwise a law abiding citizen.

I would imagine they do. I think we're the kind of people that's better suited to a long-term relationship/marriage deal as it matches our personalities.

Do ISFJs always ignore advice to follow their hearts? Even when painful results are inevitable? How do you heal a relationship once you've irritated them?

I think we're like any other type in this respect. Sometimes, emotionally, I have a hard time letting go but then other times it's painfully apparent to me that the way things are going are unsustainable.

As for healing a relationship...slowly, and with a great deal of tender loving care.

I keep hearing that ISFJs and ENTJs are supposed to be a match made in heaven do you find this is true?

I'd love to know where you heard this because after reading some sites and things about ENTJ's, I was of the opinion that they were one of the worst matches for us. All the ENTJ women that I've read posts from in other forums seem to have a very sour view of guys like me.

That being said, I'd prefer to have an ENTJ as a boss at work. Every captain needs a crew and you ENTJ's seem to love taking charge and I'm very comfortable in a supportive position so we seem to go well together I think. He/she is the king/queen, I'm the horse, and I'm cool with that :)

Snow Turtle

I had no idea, really. I can't remember where I got the impression that he wasn't ISFJ; something in my mind has just labeled him as having a joke type displayed on his profile. I guess I had him confused with someone else.

I'm not surprised. JTG is pretty different from me and some of the other ISFJs. It's like a huge variation in ISFJs exists - well that's to be expected. xD

I'm an idealistic person. But... For a while I had the motto: Hope for the best, expect the worst. Basically my friends tell me I'm rather pessimistic and cautious about life. I don't put downers on my friends optimisms however, just on my own situations. :)

What are the other ISFJ motto's towards optimism/pessimism/idealism and all that stuff? :D
Do they reflect a period of life?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, if it's just a fictional character, I don't see why not? I'm pretty sure some ISFJ's do fit into that stereotype but not all. For instance, I am shy, traditional, and happy-go-lucky. The stereotype you described is believable though for an ISFJ.

I'm not a perfect angel.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Like tinker said, they're well-suited for long term relationships.

I think so, yeah, even if we're not aware of it. Time heals all wounds. :)

I don't have any real experience with them but I admire ENTJ's. I think if the ENTJ is mindful of the ISFJ's wants and the ISFJ doesn't drive the ENTJ mad with their desire for order, then I think it could be really good.

I know so many girls who fall in this category . . . and yet they stay married and bravely suffer in silence? I'd like to know the answer to this one as well.

Hey, that can happen with any type.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Yeah they give great blowjobs (just speaking about the girls)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Actually the ISFJs that I know have/have had an ENTJ SO or best friend now that I think about it. The attraction is definitely there. An ISFJ I know from high school has had her ENTJ boyfriend for about 5 years now; they live together now. My ISFJ great aunt's husband was an ENTJ when he was alive.