• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ask an ISFJ 1.0!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
JTG1984 made me do it! :blush:

If you need help or want to know about ISFJ's, this is where you ask for it. We'll do our best to answer when we're not out in the real world meddling in someone elses life.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Dear Giggly,

Are you better at cooking, cleaning, or being a doormat?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Why does my ISFJ mum insist on having her house so clean and tidy (to the point that it looks like no one actually lives there) when visitors are coming?

I reckon you lose a bit of character and charm if the house doesn't look lived in.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear Giggly,

Are you better at cooking, cleaning, or being a doormat?

Dear JTG,

Hmm, that's a hard one. I'm gonna go with fuck off. ;)

With love,
Giggly

Why does my ISFJ mum insist on having her house so clean and tidy (to the point that it looks like no one actually lives there) when visitors are coming?

I reckon you lose a bit of character and charm if the house doesn't look lived in.

I agree actually. I can only assume to her (and I know people like this too) that the notion of "charm" in a house does not exist or it does not matter. What matters the most to her is that it is in order. She probably thinks other people only care about order too. If you want to try to get her to relax you have to distract her with other things she enjoys. I think with a lot of ISFJ's their time gets taken up with tasks like this and because they're so time-consuming and neverending, they never learn how to do other fun things and soon they're just stuck in habits.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have two questions for all ISFJ's:

What would be your motto in life? and what do you stand by? (e.g. morals, values, principles)

P.S. Oh yeah, when is version 2.0 coming out? ;)

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hi Giggly,

When you, an ISFJ, get mad at someone about something, do you cool off the next day and forget what you were mad about?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have two questions for all ISFJ's:

What would be your motto in life? and what do you stand by? (e.g. morals, values, principles)

P.S. Oh yeah, when is version 2.0 coming out? ;)

My motto in life is to just be happy and do right by others. I get the most pleasure from the simple things in life... like giggling at silly jokes, or watching a bee slowly buzzing from one flower to the next, or from giving someone a relaxing massage, or from eating strawberry shortcake. I just want everyone to be happy and love each other really. I know that's not super ambitious or profound but that's all I want.

I think I have strong principles. I'm all about intention. I think a lot about my own intentions and the intentions of others. LIke if someone does something that looks immoral on the surface to me but they seem well-intentioned, then I will be fine with it. Maybe that's not right but that's how I am. I guess I lean more towards traditional style of values because that's what is most appealing to me. I don't knock anyone for having different set of principles or a different value systems though. I like to keeping learn from others.

Oh and 2.0 is in beta version right now. Stay tuned!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At this rate, this is just going to be a thread about what Giggly's thoughts are, rather than ISFJs.

Not that I mind getting insight into what Giggly thinks. :D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm all about intention. I think a lot about my own intentions and the intentions of others. LIke if someone does something that looks immoral on the surface to me but they seem well-intentioned, then I will be fine with it. Maybe that's not right but that's how I am.

That's interesting, I wonder if that is a big difference between ISFJs and ISFPs, I know that I'm much more outcome focused than intention focused probably the SP desire for impact or something.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi Giggly,

When you, an ISFJ, get mad at someone about something, do you cool off the next day and forget what you were mad about?

If I get distracted by something else that I enjoy, yes. Always. I kind of have a soft heart and it gets me in trouble sometimes. But if I get a clear signs that someone is taking advantage of that I will go really cold.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At this rate, this is just going to be a thread about what Giggly's thoughts are, rather than ISFJs.

Not that I mind getting insight into what Giggly thinks. :D

Uhh, it just started. Give it time. Warm, tinker, and FeatheredFrenzy are not here and JTG is probably in vent.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's interesting, I wonder if that is a big difference between ISFJs and ISFPs, I know that I'm much more outcome focused than intention focused probably the SP desire for impact or something.

In my experience, you're right about that. SP's do seem more outcome focused in general. Sometimes I'm outcome focused too, especially when it's called for in the moment.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uhh, it just started. Give it time. Warm, tinker, and FeatheredFrenzy are not here and JTG is probably in vent.

Alright, I'll take your word. Just don't let them pawn the duties off onto you. :newwink:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright, I'll take your word. Just don't let them pawn the duties off onto you. :newwink:

Oh, I don't mind answering at all if I'm around and know the answer. :) I don't know how good of a representation for all ISFJ's I am though.

Snow Turtle

It's the cookie question. Which young kid was more naughty?

The one who broke several jars by accident?
Or the one who a jar while trying to steal the cookies?

:smile:

Coookeis!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If someone asks something that might be a touchy subject do you feel the need to over explain? I always thought it was "normal" since my smom did it and I grew up with it, then I learned a simple answer works wonders. If you don't feel the need then what do you think might be motivating her?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If someone asks something that might be a touchy subject do you feel the need to over explain? I always thought it was "normal" since my smom did it and I grew up with it, then I learned a simple answer works wonders. If you don't feel the need then what do you think might be motivating her?

It sounds like she did not know that a simple answer was best. She probably did not feel confident that you knew better and she felt obligated to inform you with all her words.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ

She probably got a good amount of compliments about the cleanliness from people whose friendships she valued over the years. I don't think SJs value cleanliness just for the sake of cleanliness. For ISFJs, keeping things tidy is typically motivated either by 1) an attempt to formulate and arrange our external environment in a consistent and reliable manner, or 2) a need to keep the social status quo intact. Most likely the former.

Does she have specific places she prefers to put things, or does she rearrange furniture and experiment a lot?

I personally don't clean my room very often, but it does bother me when it gets dirty. I suppose I'm just too lazy at this point to worry about it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi Rainne,

I like this

hellokittyexhuastpipe2.jpg