User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Dear ISFJs,

My cherished ISFJ friend, co-worker, adviser has moved away. What should I do?

Also I would like to hear about your friendships with NFs and how you get on. How did/does distance impact those relationships?
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 04-16-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: specificity
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Dear ISFJs,

I have ZERO patience. I walk fast, talk fast, think fast, and drink fast. I do everything fast. I carry all my grocery bags into the house in one trip. I despise waiting. How would you recommend I develop patience?

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Dear ISFJs,

I have ZERO patience. I walk fast, talk fast, think fast, and drink fast. I do everything fast. I carry all my grocery bags into the house in one trip. I despise waiting. How would you recommend I develop patience?

-Halla
    Take Ritalin or smoke marijuana.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Dear ISFJs,

My cherished ISFJ friend, co-worker, adviser has moved away. What should I do?

Also I would like to hear about your friendships with NFs and how you get on. How did/does distance impact those relationships?
    Not much you can do about your friend...so I'd just advise to find a way to stay in touch (Emails/IMs/Facebook/whatever) and maybe you guys can get together a couple times a year or something

As for NFs, I adore them! My first girlfriend was an ENFJ and I loved her dearly. She was really sweet and had this incredible desire to always try to help and be there for people. She is one of the most amazing human beings I know and I am extremely thankful that she was in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74

Dear ISFJs,

-Halla
    The attitude I've always had is:

I don't see the use in getting worked up over things that just aren't very important or things that you just can't stop or prevent. All you're doing is burning up calories and working yourself into an ulcer, and for what? What does it benefit me? All I do is get really stressed out and that just sucks.

That being said, I hate waiting when I don't need too as well and while I can have the patience of death about some things, others I have none at all.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ISTP

Hi ISFJs.

What is your reaction when you see a messy room? (sleeping room)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Hi ISFJs.

I think I should maybe burn it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    The attitude I've always had is:

I don't see the use in getting worked up over things that just aren't very important or things that you just can't stop or prevent. All you're doing is burning up calories and working yourself into an ulcer, and for what? What does it benefit me? All I do is get really stressed out and that just sucks.
    I don't get worked up, or anywhere near having an ulcer, I just hate it.

I end up stressing other people out, not myself, maybe I'm not bad off after all?

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Okay, I have some questions.

Are ISFJs often naughty on the inside where no one else can see it?
    I'm naughty on the Internet where no one I know in real life can see it.

Are they sort of rebellious behind the scenes when they are teens?
    I rebelled by listening to music that my daddy didn't want me to listen to...while he wasn't around. LOL I also challenged my parents' view of the Bible because of my 12th grade English class.

Do most ISFJs marry young?
    I got married when I was 29.

Do ISFJs always ignore advice to follow their hearts? Even when painful results are inevitable? How do you heal a relationship once you've irritated them?
    I follow my heart and I don't irritate people to the point of not wanting to be around me. People usually get on MY nerves.

I keep hearing that ISFJs and ENTJs are supposed to be a match made in heaven do you find this is true?[/QUOTE]
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    ISFJ

Hi ISFJs.

"Ya know, I oughtta clean this up someday...Today is not that day." (Yes, I am a messy ISFJ.)
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Hi ISFJs, I didn't know you had a question-answering thread too...
    Are you generally optimistic?

I'm asking this because the two ENTPs I know are extremely optimistic, to the point of sillyness. Also because I once (before I knew of MBTI) created a fiction character to be "my total opposite - he's shy, traditional, pessimistic..." and turned out afterwards to be an ISFJ too.

My ISFJ daughter is stubbornly optimistic and REFUSES to discuss what could go wrong. I found this extremely upsetting until I realized she was just covering up her fears of the future not working out? Is this typical?

Thank you Tinker, Giggly, and Warm. I'm digesting all of this. I have a lot of ISFJs in my life and I want to make our relationships better. And Warm, I actually meant what do I do to heal a relationship with an ISFJ I've wounded? I must admit, ISFJs seem the most forgiving of all the types.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Actually the ISFJs that I know have/have had an ENTJ SO or best friend now that I think about it. The attraction is definitely there. An ISFJ I know from high school has had her ENTJ boyfriend for about 5 years now; they live together now. My ISFJ great aunt's husband was an ENTJ when he was alive.
    Hmmm . . . interesting. I wonder if it is the same for female ENTJs and male ISFJs? I'm still wondering if my first husband was ISFJ or ISFP?

Hi ISFJs.

My ISFJ daughter's tolerance lasts about 3 days. Then she cleans it. (Even if it's not hers. She used to organize the bathroom drawers on Saturday mornings while she waited for the family to get motivated! LOL!)