User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Hi ISFJs, I didn't know you had a question-answering thread too...
    Are you generally optimistic?

I'm asking this because the two ENTPs I know are extremely optimistic, to the point of sillyness. Also because I once (before I knew of MBTI) created a fiction character to be "my total opposite - he's shy, traditional, pessimistic..." and turned out afterwards to be an ISFJ too.
    I'm not shy nor traditional but I'm definitely pessimistic.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    I'm not shy nor traditional but I'm definitely pessimistic.
    Forgive me if I'm totally wrong here, but I got the impression you'd listed your type as ISFJ as some sort of running joke.

Are you actually ISFJ?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Forgive me if I'm totally wrong here, but I got the impression you'd listed your type as ISFJ as some sort of running joke.

Are you actually ISFJ?
    Yes, very much so.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

What type did you think he was?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I had no idea, really. I can't remember where I got the impression that he wasn't ISFJ; something in my mind has just labeled him as having a joke type displayed on his profile. I guess I had him confused with someone else.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Okay, I have some questions.
    YAY!

Are ISFJs often naughty on the inside where no one else can see it?

I don't consider myself a prude at all, though I've been told by outside observers that apparently I give off the appearance of being prude as I'm not very flirtatious or anything like that.

Which I consider to be decidedly untrue, or at least that's what I think. I think the way I talk to woman is polite and respectful and I try to refrain from being vulgar. I'm probably just being too polite about it and coming off as asexual or something.

I guess I'm just doing it wrong

Are they sort of rebellious behind the scenes when they are teens?
    When I was in high school I wore great big baggy jeans, listened to loud heavy metal music and drove like a maniac behind the wheel...

...but was otherwise a law abiding citizen.

Do most ISFJs marry young?
    I would imagine they do. I think we're the kind of people that's better suited to a long-term relationship/marriage deal as it matches our personalities.

Do ISFJs always ignore advice to follow their hearts? Even when painful results are inevitable? How do you heal a relationship once you've irritated them?
    I think we're like any other type in this respect. Sometimes, emotionally, I have a hard time letting go but then other times it's painfully apparent to me that the way things are going are unsustainable.

As for healing a relationship...slowly, and with a great deal of tender loving care.

I keep hearing that ISFJs and ENTJs are supposed to be a match made in heaven do you find this is true?
    I'd love to know where you heard this because after reading some sites and things about ENTJ's, I was of the opinion that they were one of the worst matches for us. All the ENTJ women that I've read posts from in other forums seem to have a very sour view of guys like me.

That being said, I'd prefer to have an ENTJ as a boss at work. Every captain needs a crew and you ENTJ's seem to love taking charge and I'm very comfortable in a supportive position so we seem to go well together I think. He/she is the king/queen, I'm the horse, and I'm cool with that
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I had no idea, really. I can't remember where I got the impression that he wasn't ISFJ; something in my mind has just labeled him as having a joke type displayed on his profile. I guess I had him confused with someone else.
    I'm not surprised. JTG is pretty different from me and some of the other ISFJs. It's like a huge variation in ISFJs exists - well that's to be expected. xD

I'm asking this because the two ENTPs I know are extremely optimistic, to the point of sillyness. Also because I once (before I knew of MBTI) created a fiction character to be "my total opposite - he's shy, traditional, pessimistic..." and turned out afterwards to be an ISFJ too.
    I'm an idealistic person. But... For a while I had the motto: Hope for the best, expect the worst. Basically my friends tell me I'm rather pessimistic and cautious about life. I don't put downers on my friends optimisms however, just on my own situations.

What are the other ISFJ motto's towards optimism/pessimism/idealism and all that stuff?
    Do they reflect a period of life?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Well, if it's just a fictional character, I don't see why not? I'm pretty sure some ISFJ's do fit into that stereotype but not all. For instance, I am shy, traditional, and happy-go-lucky. The stereotype you described is believable though for an ISFJ.

Okay, I have some questions.

Are they sort of rebellious behind the scenes when they are teens?
    I'm not a perfect angel.

Do most ISFJs marry young?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Like tinker said, they're well-suited for long term relationships.

Do ISFJs always ignore advice to follow their hearts? Even when painful results are inevitable? How do you heal a relationship once you've irritated them?
    I think so, yeah, even if we're not aware of it. Time heals all wounds.

I keep hearing that ISFJs and ENTJs are supposed to be a match made in heaven do you find this is true?
    I don't have any real experience with them but I admire ENTJ's. I think if the ENTJ is mindful of the ISFJ's wants and the ISFJ doesn't drive the ENTJ mad with their desire for order, then I think it could be really good.

I know so many girls who fall in this category . . . and yet they stay married and bravely suffer in silence? I'd like to know the answer to this one as well.
    Hey, that can happen with any type.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah they give great blowjobs (just speaking about the girls)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Actually the ISFJs that I know have/have had an ENTJ SO or best friend now that I think about it. The attraction is definitely there. An ISFJ I know from high school has had her ENTJ boyfriend for about 5 years now; they live together now. My ISFJ great aunt's husband was an ENTJ when he was alive.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)