User Tag List

First 2432333435 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ISFJs, how hard is it for you to let a person/relationship go? What helped you finally move on?
    Hard. There is a long de-coupling process in which I have to essentially redefine smells, locations, sounds, etc.. so that they don't remind me of my ex and therefore cause me pain. It's been months since my breakup with my last ex and I'm still not out of the woods yet. I went on another date, I'm going out, I'm living life, but inside the whole time I'm missing her.

It's a lengthy process to say the least :\

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Are all ISFJ's the sexual workhorses I've perceived them to be?

Does this derive from the pleasure gleaned from others being satisfied?

Or was that one girl just a sexually like-minded individual?
    I've heard contridicting stories. I've heard of ISFJ spouses who were very vanilla and/or plain or prude and then you got guys like me who are very aggressive, eager to please, and open to experimentation

I think you just got lucky (in more ways than one)
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I've heard contridicting stories. I've heard of ISFJ spouses who were very vanilla and/or plain or prude and then you got guys like me who are very aggressive, eager to please, and open to experimentation

I think you just got lucky (in more ways than one)

I got lucky. That is what I was afraid of.

ISFJ superfreak, once in a lifetime opportunity

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I got lucky. That is what I was afraid of.

ISFJ superfreak, once in a lifetime opportunity
    I don't think all hope is lost.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ISFJs, how hard is it for you to let a person/relationship go? What helped you finally move on?
    Cut all ties and pretend they are dead. Date other people.

Are all ISFJ's the sexual workhorses I've perceived them to be?

Does this derive from the pleasure gleaned from others being satisfied?

Or was that one girl just a sexually like-minded individual?
    I would be just as concerned about my partners satisfaction as my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Where do I go to speak to ISFJ 2.0?
    We have automatic updates now. We're at 5.0.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I don't think all hope is lost.

The glimmer of chance keeps my head up.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

The glimmer of chance keeps my head up.
    While I am not an ISFJ female, I will say on behalf of all ISFJs to any one reading this: please do find whatever reason you can to bonkhonk us into submission
    ― Woodrow Wilson

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    We have automatic updates now. We're at 5.0.
    Well, clearly ISFJ's aren't a Mac product.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Ask an ISFJ?

Ok.

I realize that you can't really be the spokesperson for an entire group of people with a type, but, what are the best things that a girlfriend could do for her ISFJ boyfriend? I mean, are there specific things that would tend to appeal to this type over and above other types. What will help him feel cared for and appreciated?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Netochka View Post
    Ask an ISFJ?

Ok.

I realize that you can't really be the spokesperson for an entire group of people with a type, but, what are the best things that a girlfriend could do for her ISFJ boyfriend? I mean, are there specific things that would tend to appeal to this type over and above other types. What will help him feel cared for and appreciated?
    Hmm....

Without knowing your b/f personally....

1) Attention and affection. He may display it as openly as he should but he WILL appreciate affection or attention you show him
    2) When he's stressed or exhausted, nurture him. ISFJs spend a great deal of time trying to fix problems for other people and/or devoting a lot of attention to others that they seldomly pay enough attention to their own needs.
    3) Flirting and/or lots of sexual innuendo. ISFJs are a reserved bunch and making him feel desirable will always get you lots of points. Of course, I'm an Sx-dom so I respond VERY strongly to all of this so this may just be my type. Also, this leads me into 4
    4) SEX. Lots of and lots and lots and....well you get the idea. Maybe it's because I'm a guy. Maybe it's because I don't get to manhandle as many women as I'd like too, maybe it's because I'm an Sx-dom...but I simply can't emphasize enough to you how much I love sex.
    5) last and finally: Be open and honest with him. ISFJs don't handle secrecy and closed-offness (is that a word?) very well. If he likes you, then he is reading every single thing you do and everything single thing you say and if your words/actions start mismatching it's going to throw him off.

Nothing really special beyond that....depends on his own wants and needs
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Hmm....

Without knowing your b/f personally....

1) Attention and affection. He may display it as openly as he should but he WILL appreciate affection or attention you show him
    2) When he's stressed or exhausted, nurture him. ISFJs spend a great deal of time trying to fix problems for other people and/or devoting a lot of attention to others that they seldomly pay enough attention to their own needs.
    3) Flirting and/or lots of sexual innuendo. ISFJs are a reserved bunch and making him feel desirable will always get you lots of points. Of course, I'm an Sx-dom so I respond VERY strongly to all of this so this may just be my type. Also, this leads me into 4
    4) SEX. Lots of and lots and lots and....well you get the idea. Maybe it's because I'm a guy. Maybe it's because I don't get to manhandle as many women as I'd like too, maybe it's because I'm an Sx-dom...but I simply can't emphasize enough to you how much I love sex.
    5) last and finally: Be open and honest with him. ISFJs don't handle secrecy and closed-offness (is that a word?) very well. If he likes you, then he is reading every single thing you do and everything single thing you say and if your words/actions start mismatching it's going to throw him off.

Nothing really special beyond that....depends on his own wants and needs
    In regards to #2, is he likely to try and hide from me the fact that he is stressed and tense? And are there likely tells for when he is more mildly stressed (I can tell when he is very stressed easily), that might be more difficult to pick up on?

As far as 3 and 4 go. Okay. That makes sense.

And about 5, that shouldn't be too difficult. So it sounds like he will be studying me like a book (if he likes me, and since the other night he started talking about things several months down the road together, I would tend to assume that would be a yes, unless it was some sort of a strange test?). I suppose it is fitting that for once I be the specimen under the microscope so to speak.

I would tend to assume that for sensates, the concept of being nurtured would tend to be very sensual (not right now, necessarily meaning sexual, though it could) such as having a meal made for them, massage, music, candlelight, even maybe doing some cleaning for them so that they don't have to?

Actually, could you elaborate on what the concept of being nurtured means for you, and would likely mean for SJ's more specifically for you over and above what you already described?

Thanks for taking the time to give me a lengthy reply.